BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

I'm still (slowly) going through trying to watch the top 250 films on IMDB, tracking via framerater.

Only got "The Good the Bad and the Ugly" and "12 Angry Men" to complete the top 10.

I'm not a Westerns fan (hence having never watched it), so do I really need to watch the first 2 in the Spaghetti Western Trilogy to appreciate The Good the Bad and the Ugly?

Trying to do the top 250 is a great way of watching films you never thought to try. As I say, I'm not a "westerns" fan but I've also never been inclined to watch mob style films either so I recently got round to watching the Godfather which I agree was a pretty damn fine film and the Godfather 2 which I found quite boring.

Also watched recently :

One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest (#10) - Enjoyed this one a lot and again never sat down to watch it before.

Dr Strangelove (#34) - Probably just me but I found this boring nonsense.

The Artist (#134) - Only forced myself to watch this due to being on the list but I actually really enjoyed it. Very clever film. Not crazy Oscar winning enjoyed but still a good film.

Currently watching Gran Torino (#113) which I'm half way through and really enjoying so far.

Lined up to watch:

12 Angry Men (#6)

City of God (#18)

This list is a great way to broaden what you may / may not watch and going back through the older films to me is a lot more rewarding than most of the drivel Hollywood is pumping out these days (Total Recall remake I'm looking at you and many many other remakes)

• Backroom

Wow just looked at my list and embarrassingly for a big film fan I've only seen 93 of the top 250

It's quite telling that I've seen all the horrors and animated films in the list and if truth be told a lot of the to

250 dont appeal to me at all

Edited by Tom M

It's quite telling that I've seen all the horrors and animated films in the list and if truth be told a lot of the to

250 dont appeal to me at all

Which is why I think it's a good way to get you to watch things you wouldn't normally. Perhaps you will discover gems that you never even realised you would like.

Granted I'm going on to IMDB to try and vote down all the foreign language rubbish to get it out of the chart ;)

I'm only on 99 films therefore like you, pretty much on to the stuff I wouldn't normally bother with.

Watched Memento (#34) and American History X (#37) in the past few days. Both are cracking films I've got to say. Can't believe I've missed them before.

Interestingly parts of American History X could have been lifted directly from the Daily Mail these days.

The new Batman film looks excellent.

As said above, I went to watch Avengers Assemble last week, was ok, definitely watch-able.

Downey Jr and Ruffalo are the most accomplished of the super hero actors, although I felt the villain was a little bland.

I also think that, Scarlett Johansson must of had "must show me from behind in every scene" written into her contract! Its actually hard not to stare during the film!

As for TV films, I see Total Recall has been doing the rounds on ITV2-4 recently and is a great film if anyone hasn't seen it before! Stands up pretty well to say it was made 22 years ago!

I went to The Avengers the other night and really enjoyed it. It was really enjoyable. I also saw 21 Jump Street on Sunday. It was hilarious.

On another note, the new Prometheus trailer looks unreal. I can't wait for this movie!

• Backroom

Rough at Blackburn though mate, CCTV in the screens FFS :o:lol:

I noticed that last time I went on the way out there's a screen showing what's going inside with night vision cameras!