BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Rough at Blackburn though mate, CCTV in the screens FFS :o:lol:

You would be amazed what they see lol...

On Tuesday nights the big cinema in the centre of Belfast prices all its films (including those in 3D) at £3.00. Can't be bad to that.

ChePer than that for me hee hee

On Tuesday nights the big cinema in the centre of Belfast prices all its films (including those in 3D) at £3.00. Can't be bad to that.

ChePer than that for me hee hee

A few years ago I read a book A Short History of Tractors in Ukranian, about the same time I became aware of but never read another called Salmon Fishing in the Yemen which I assumed was just another bizarre book title.

Last night my wife took me to the cinema and it actually is about Salmon Fishing in the Yemen!!! Really enjoyed this funny and moving film in which Ewan MacGregor gives what I felt was a fantastic character performance. British cinema at its best - sadly of course only about ten people interested enough to view it.

Recently I've seen K-Pax with Kevin Spacey making a rather good job of playing an alien committed to psychiatric hospital. It's knocking about on Film 4 at the moment. For a Hollywood film it was both funny and thought provoking.

Cloverfield I found very interesting. It's a sci-fi based in New York as a group of friends look for another friend lost after a giant alien attacks the city. Sounds preposterous but it's cleverly shot so the entire film appears to be made using a hand held home video camera. Also on Film4 at present.

Edited by Paul

Trying to do the top 250 is a great way of watching films you never thought to try.

Another great, and very sociable way to do this, is to start a film club. We've been running one for around five years. Each household takes it in turn to host the monthly film on a Sunday night. Everyone turns up with whatever they happen to be drinking at the time and we watch a movie together.

The choice is always the host's and no one knows the film till its started. An invite is sent round each house which may or may not contain clues as to what we will be watching.

Sometimes we end up with a long discussion on the film, others we don't. Always a good evening, try it.

Wasted an hour of my life watching Minority Report after getting home last night. Switched off and went to bed, further evidence if Spielberg's ability to make terrible films and Tom Cruise's ability to appear in them - I've deliberately not used the word "act."

Last night my wife took me to the cinema and it actually is about Salmon Fishing in the Yemen!!! Really enjoyed this funny and moving film in which Ewan MacGregor gives what I felt was a fantastic character performance. British cinema at its best - sadly of course only about ten people interested enough to view it

Sold out one of the smaller screens last night, around 100, Altrincham though !

Watch "Tinker, Tailo, Soldier, Spy" last night, was excellent. An adaption of the LeCarre novel from the 70's, it tells the story of the hunt for a mole at the top of the British intelligence service. It's dramatic, tense, and intelligent, just giving you enough information o keep you hooked.

I've read the book (and have the other two of the trilogy to read), so it was interesting to compare the two. The book is fantastic too, and well worth reading if you enjoyed the film.

Also watched Animal House recently too, the story of a young Aussie guy whose mother dies an is taken in by his aunt. That section of the family are hardened criminals, and the interaction between both sides is very good, again not a blockbuster, but well worth a watch.

The Way, with Martin Sheen, Emilio Estevez, (surprisingly) James Nesbitt and others is a story of a father who's son sets off on The Way, el Camino, a ancient pilgrimage route across the north of Spain. It's gentle paced, interesting, shows a lot of great scenery and has a decent plot. Again well worth a watch.

Watch "Tinker, Tailo, Soldier, Spy" last night, was excellent. An adaption of the LeCarre novel from the 70's, it tells the story of the hunt for a mole at the top of the British intelligence service. It's dramatic, tense, and intelligent, just giving you enough information o keep you hooked.

The Way, with Martin Sheen, Emilio Estevez, (surprisingly) James Nesbitt and others is a story of a father who's son sets off on The Way, el Camino, a ancient pilgrimage route across the north of Spain. It's gentle paced, interesting, shows a lot of great scenery and has a decent plot. Again well worth a watch.

I enjoyed Tinker Taylor. I thought he looked fantastic and had a great atmosphere to it. I didn't understand what was going on in parts of it and wasn't that shocked by the ending because you knew that it was going to be one of them anyway.

I thought The Way was excellent. That is until James Nesbitt showed up. I know he's a local guy and I should be supporting him, but I really don't see what all the fuss is about. People love the guy and will put him in anything. I think he's an awful actor and he bought the rest of the movie down when he turned up. I thought it went on about 15 to 20 minutes too long.

Took the daughter to Rhyl to watch the Avengers, really enjoyed it, didn't think I would.

Who would have thought the Hulk would get the biggest laugh ?

PUNY GOD!!

I really loved Minority Report and Tinker Tailor. Avengers is the best film I've seen for a long time

A few years ago I read a book A Short History of Tractors in Ukranian, about the same time I became aware of but never read another called Salmon Fishing in the Yemen which I assumed was just another bizarre book title.

I've read both those books, & enjoyed them. I was really surprised to see "Salmon Fishing In The Yemem" made into a film, but I'm looking forward to seeing it. I'm looking forward to see if anyone can convert "A Short History of Tractors in the Ukriane"

into a film.

And your local film club sounds a brilliant idea. Long may it continue.

• Backroom

Watched quarantine 2 tonight

It's ok but very odd how quarantine was a shot for shot remake of Rec then went its own (IMO worse) way with the sequel.

They may have thought the religious angle wasn't great for the American market or something