Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's the new Flu Strain isn't it?

I'm not one to boast about things i've done but I deserve a medal for what I did to my girlfriend after watching this film and probably should have filmed it and put it on youtube. Basically the film

  • 2 months later...

Saw Jason Bourne last night, really enjoyed it and I probably was always going to as I am a huge Bourne fan.

It probably doesn't hit the heights of the previous trilogy but that was always going to be difficult as that trilogy is just so good and not many action films hit the heights that those three did. Still I thought as an action film, one where you just sit back and be entertained it was very good.

Criticisms seem to be about Bourne not saying much, have these people never seen Bourne films before?

If you are a fan of the Bourne films it's worth watching.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Eye In The Sky (2016)

Starring Helen Mirren, Alan Rickman and Aaron Paul.

A fantastic tense thought provoking modern warfare thriller /drama , don't expect action galore and you will not be disappointed.

p.s never in your life will you want to see bread bought so fast :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Eye In The Sky (2016)

Starring Helen Mirren, Alan Rickman and Aaron Paul.

A fantastic tense thought provoking modern warfare thriller /drama , don't expect action galore and you will not be disappointed.

p.s never in your life will you want to see bread bought so fast :)

Yeah, great film.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Independence Day : Resurgence.

Two hours of my life down the drain.

Can't believe you watched it to the end. I was disappointed from the get go, as compared to the 1st independence day movie

Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't be watching the BAFTA's or the Academy Awards this year, God spare us all the political speeches by Streep & Co, celebrity bandwagon jumpers and vacuous to boot.
But.
La La Land will probably win everything, and is a pale imitation of 'Lion', the deserved winner and a flick that has turned me into a wreck, ridiculously fabulous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/02/2017 at 10:03 PM, adopted scouser said:

I won't be watching the BAFTA's or the Academy Awards this year, God spare us all the political speeches by Streep & Co, celebrity bandwagon jumpers and vacuous to boot.
But.
La La Land will probably win everything, and is a pale imitation of 'Lion', the deserved winner and a flick that has turned me into a wreck, ridiculously fabulous.

La La Land has been roundly criticised for having a white guy being the 'jazz traditionalist', when traditional jazz is 'black music'.

You just know that of it was a black actor instead of Ryan Gosling, it'd be 'lazy casting based on racial stereotype' though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mike E said:

La La Land has been roundly criticised for having a white guy being the 'jazz traditionalist', when traditional jazz is 'black music'.

You just know that of it was a black actor instead of Ryan Gosling, it'd be 'lazy casting based on racial stereotype' though.

Either way, it's still a shite film which is way over-hyped.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched La la land having no idea what it was about before i went in and having been subjected to none of the hype. I enjoyed it a lot, afrer the cheesy opening number was out of the way. Funny how expectations, or lack of them can affect your opinion of a film. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched "The Founder" last night.Film about the mcdonalds empire,was quality.Great lead performance by Michael Keaton.

Other good films I watched this month The Arrival,Trainspotting 2 (although not a patch on the first one) and Gold again another great lead performance by Matthew mcConaughey

Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely recommend the the founder.Michael keaton should at least get a nomination for best actor for his portrayal of Ray Kroc.

Really enjoyed The Arrival it would be one of my films of the year too.

If you haven't watched Gold put that on your to watch list.It's loosely based on a true story the Bre-x mining scandal and like I said before a fantastic performance by Matthew mcConaughey 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/02/2017 at 0:18 PM, islander200 said:

Watched "The Founder" last night.Film about the mcdonalds empire,was quality.Great lead performance by Michael Keaton.

Other good films I watched this month The Arrival,Trainspotting 2 (although not a patch on the first one) and Gold again another great lead performance by Matthew mcConaughey

I watched The Founder last night based off this recommendation. Fantastic film. Keaton really can play a right asshole!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.