BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

It is yeah...but damn, it was just awesome. It is easily the best of the Hollywood blockbusters so far. The robots look absolutely stunning, the transformations look great, the visuals are fantastic. The one thing that is a bit annoying is that when the action really gets going, there's so much stuff going on that the camera can't take it all in and it can be hard to really see the battles that are happening. It's funny, it's dramatic, the action is MASSIVE and there are some amazing set pieces, particularly during the Optimus Prime/Megatron battle towards the end. Sure, the plot is nonsense but it is fun and I thought it brought back nostalgic thoughts towards the old stuff...although I'm sure hardcore fans/fanboys will find plenty to bitch about. Optimus Prime looked and sounded great though, loved it!

It is yeah...but damn, it was just awesome. It is easily the best of the Hollywood blockbusters so far. The robots look absolutely stunning, the transformations look great, the visuals are fantastic. The one thing that is a bit annoying is that when the action really gets going, there's so much stuff going on that the camera can't take it all in and it can be hard to really see the battles that are happening. It's funny, it's dramatic, the action is MASSIVE and there are some amazing set pieces, particularly during the Optimus Prime/Megatron battle towards the end. Sure, the plot is nonsense but it is fun and I thought it brought back nostalgic thoughts towards the old stuff...although I'm sure hardcore fans/fanboys will find plenty to bitch about. Optimus Prime looked and sounded great though, loved it!

Comes out over here the same day as The Simpsons, which is going to be enormous.

Die Hard 4.0 is excellent apparently, watching that tomorrow.

I saw Die Hard 4.0 last night and it was excellent. Some brilliant John McClane moments and even when the action gets stupidly over the top (it's near the end, won't spoil) it's still good. The only thing I didn't like to much about it was the fact that it plays out over massive areas and to me, Die Hard is best when it's in a cramped space (even though Die Hard 3 did work well). That's just a minor fault though, I loved it. It was a great Die Hard movie.

I quite like number 2 so...don't see what it has to make up for?

SEMI SPOILER! (it's in all the trailers)

There's a great moment after McClane kills a chopper with a car and he chuckles to himself, it's just priceless and you think, "yep, this is definitely Die Hard". His daughter is great too, takes after her dad in every way. You'll see..

As silly action films go its rather silly.

Could I point you to the amazingly long fused grenades in the ejecting from the aircraft scene.

Number 1 and 3 were great. DH2 was a bit of a letdown.

I still enjoyed it though, it just wasnt as good as the other 2.

As silly action films go its rather silly.

Could I point you to the amazingly long fused grenades in the ejecting from the aircraft scene.

Number 1 and 3 were great. DH2 was a bit of a letdown.

I still enjoyed it though, it just wasnt as good as the other 2.

More proof that you're like school at vacation - no class. 2 is not much lesser than 1, in some ways better. Definitely has the best cast and is the best acted of the 4.

4 was fun - if you liked Swordfish, you'd like this. I'm with Schev that there was a point where they lost me, but still a lot of fun and glad I left work early to see it!

2 better than one? ARE YOU INSANE?!?!?!?!

Dear god almighty, and Ive got more class than you in my little toe if you believe that.

I enjoy 2, its fun but utterly stupid and wrong in an number of ways also at no point is there any real tension compared to the first or the third. Not just the grenades into the cockpit and having time to strap into an ejector seat, eject and not get any spinal issues or broken bones.

And the blank ammunition bit - anyone who knows weapones knows the difference between blanks and live rounds just by the sound they make when they fire, and most automatic need blank fire adaptors on the end to allow them to work when blanks are being fired.

To name a few minor issues.

Also its not hard to get messages to aircraft in the air, even if the primary ATC channels are compromised

Can I go on.

1 and 3 were brilliant - 2 was just stupid good fun.

Is my humble opinion.

I bet you think Top Gun is a great film and continuity error free as well.

Oh bloody hell, here we go again with Wingnut Commander Flopsy-Turvy.

I don't give a monkey's about the realism of the movie in terms of whether the grenades should've gone off earlier, or whether he should've needed Cuprofen when he landed on his ass in the ejector seat or whether they could've built an FM radio to contact aircraft using nothing more than an egg box a fairy liquid bottle and Mr T's pubes.

It's a bleeding *movie* meant to *entertain*. Not a training film for you would-be weekend warriors.

DH2 was a top film, and DH3 just wasn't of the same standard as the first 2.

DH2's got some great lines in it, particularly from John Amos.

"It's a pity McLean, I kinda liked you"

Oh bloody hell, here we go again with Wingnut Commander Flopsy-Turvy.

It's a bleeding *movie* meant to *entertain*. Not a training film for you would-be weekend warriors.

Watch a film about running and see some glaring mistakes in it and I bet it then ruins it completely for you to.

That being said the best thing about Top Gun was it spawned Hot Shots. That scene where he gets a round in is pretty accurate

Watch a film about running and see some glaring mistakes in it and I bet it then ruins it completely for you to.

That being said the best thing about Top Gun was it spawned Hot Shots. That scene where he gets a round in is pretty accurate

Yes, that is fair comment, squadron leader. Stand down, I say stand down, over! Don't stand and yell, ring the bell and run like hell. Bogies at six o'clock, hankies at 5 past 6. All bogies accounted for. This is Little Tipsy calling Beer Leader, over.

:-)

Although it wouldn't be a film about running these days. More like a film about yoga, bodyweight exercise and odd-object lifting. How sh1t would that be?