BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

I bet you luuuuuurrrrvvvveeeeee the volley ball scene :P

Not particularly. As Bryan says, a bit gay...

I do though like the scene at the start where the bald bloke roars 'We're sending you to Miramar! You're going to TOP GUN!' Pure 80s-as if saying something with enough force and gravitas will make the audience (who haven't a clue what Top Gun is) understand instantly what's going on.

Edited by Rovermatt

2 better than one? ARE YOU INSANE?!?!?!?!

Dear god almighty, and Ive got more class than you in my little toe if you believe that.

Tell me where I say 2 is better than 1.

In SOME WAYS - then I go on to talk about the cast, which is far superior. Read the part again when I say it is a slightly lesser movie.

Not particularly. As Bryan says, a bit gay...

I do though like the scene at the start where the bald bloke roars 'We're sending you to Miramar! You're going to TOP GUN!' Pure 80s-as if saying something with enough force and gravitas will make the audience (who haven't a clue what Top Gun is) understand instantly what's going on.

Topgun is as gay as an episode of Will and Grace with guest appearences of the Scissor Sisters and Freddie Mercury. It is also one of those awful vacuous 80's films that launched the career of that prat Tom Cruise.

Top Gun is class, great rar rar movie with fantastic dialogue

"Maverick, you just did an incredibly brave thing. What you should have done was land your plane! you don't own that plane, the tax payers do! Son, your ego is writing checks your body can't cash. You've been busted, you lost your qualifications as section leader three times, put in hack twice by me, with a history of high speed passes over five air control towers, and one admiral's daughter!"

It is a little gay though as this shows

watched Hot Fuzz last night for the first time.

Laughed like a drain.

Definitely a lot gorier than I expected. Especially the death of the repoter.

Glad to see DH4.0 is as silly and fun as the others? Does he wear the vest though? I heard he didnt

watched Hot Fuzz last night for the first time.

Laughed like a drain.

Definitely a lot gorier than I expected. Especially the death of the repoter.

Glad to see DH4.0 is as silly and fun as the others? Does he wear the vest though? I heard he didnt

I have to say that it was nowhere near as I funny as I thought it was going to be. Nor indeed was it as funny as the people behind it clearly imagined. My subscription to Empire magazine is sullied somewhat by its near-orgasmic obession with all things Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright.

Edited by Rovermatt

Each to their own I suppose. Especially with comedy.

Did you watch/enjoy Spaced and Shaun of the Dead?

I wonder how much Safeways paid to have their brand everywhere?

Again I though Shaun of the Dead (or 'Shaun' if you work for Empire) was funny enough but nowhere near the masterwork of comedy that it was hyped up to be.

Seen Die Hard 4.0 and is your typical silly action flick, and enjoyable stuff. But doesn't feel like its a Die Hard film though. Probably as it was originally just supposed to be a generic action flick then they decided later on for it to be a Die Hard.

I've also seen Transformers. Again, your typical Michael Bay film - silly, plenty of action, top CGI, but with a paper-thin plot. Despite this, is still very enjoyable and worth seeing. The fight at the end, Carnage with a capital C! Thanks to Citroen for inspiring this film! :D

Well I like it, as it shows all the build up and the politics before the action. Wheras Pearl Harbour was plain crap. A typical modern Hollywood film where the CGI and big explosions mask the hollow and rubbish nature of the film. Personally, I'd find Kill Bill more dull, as it is Quentin Tarantino tossing over various movie references and being too self indulgaent, and not simply being an arse kicking action series. I would remmend City of God to anyone though.