BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Has anyone seen the new Tarantino film ? ' Deathproof' its part of the Grindhouse double bill.

It flopped in the US but i have to say i think its brilliant despite shocking reviews.

I really liked it, when it was talked about all of a sudden everyone was an expert in old grindhouse theatre so they have bashed the crap out of it but the car chase scene was one of the best I have seen.

• 4 weeks later...
Just seen Control (the Ian Curtis biopic). Awesome film! The director combined the 2 threads: Joy Division and Ian's personal life superbly. It's really moving and the band stuff is fantastic.

Best film I've seen this year.

Agree:

I went to see it last night. What a brilliant film. Produced by Anton Corbijn who was an NME snapper when Joy Division was in it's pomp. You'll not come out of the cinema walking on air like you've seem a Disney, but by God, you'll need a few minutes of quiet just to have a reflection on life.

Which is probably a sign of a good film.

I've been lucky enough to see Joy Division live a few times so I think I can safely say that the actor who plays Ian Curtis has got his stage performance down to a tee. He even has his eyebrows right, let alone his other on-stage movements.

A film for grown ups. The music is emotional. The film is music history.

When the routine bites hard

And ambitions are low

And the resentment rides high

But emotions wont grow

And were changing our ways,

Taking different roads

Then love, love will tear us apart again

Why is the bedroom so cold

Turned away on your side?

Is my timing that flawed,

Our respect run so dry?

Yet theres still this appeal

That we've kept through our lives

Love, love will tear us apart again

Do you cry out in your sleep

All my failings expose?

Get a taste in my mouth

As desperation takes hold

Is it something so good

Just cant function no more?

When love, love will tear us apart again

i watched wrong turn 2, last night on dvd and i was quite dissappointed by the film. i really enjoyed the first one and thought this might be good to watch. the concept of this sequel was a good one IMO, but i thought it was poorly written. apart from the very first kill in this movie, there was no shock value at all because there was simply too much blood and gore, of which the effect was completely laughable. very dissappointed!!

Just got around to Transformers. Really well done.

Michael Bay needs to be shot. He has this incredible sorry horrible knack of adding a kid friendly storyline with a love story with incredible special effects with some shallow human element in every movie of his.

Crap movie, great special effects, Megatron was seriously the biggest waste of cg money, the whole movie you though he was going to kick ass and he was lame.

It'll be back, for the same reasons The Pirate Bay is still around -- they aren't the ones hosting the content. TV Links was just a collection of links, like the name says. This raid is a scare tactic, but just like the raids on TPB, it won't shut down TV Links for good. Even if the original operator gives up on it -- which I certainly wouldn't blame him for doing -- someone else (probably TPB, to be honest) will take its place.

Also, for those of you missing, keep in mind that it was, after all, just a linking site. The two sites which hosted most of its content (in my experience) were DivX's Stage6 and Veoh Entertainment. Both those sites are perfectly legal, by the way -- they're like YouTube, but with support for larger videos and the like. Their administrators remove copyrighted content, which is why TVL often had broken links, but it usually gets re-uploaded soon after.

Edited by Anti-Dingle-Brigade

I've just sat through 'Elizabeth : The Golden Age' and feel deflated. As well as 'The Man who would be King', I have to watch the original 'Elizabeth' every now and then, stops my soul from flying off.

This new one is great to look at, err, and that's it. A bit like 'Carry on Walter' at times, it goes nowhere, even the speech at Tilbury is as flat as a witch's tit.

The trailer does an incredible job, the film doesn't.

Just back from seeing 30 Days of Night. It's fantastic, one of the best films you'll see this year.

Just watched it maself....Despite not being able to see the subtitles when the vampire's speak and a scene missing here and there(im to tight to pay).

I enjoyed it..Very atmospheric and gothic.And a very good film.

Edited by Nelsta

I've just sat through 'Elizabeth : The Golden Age' and feel deflated. As well as 'The Man who would be King', I have to watch the original 'Elizabeth' every now and then, stops my soul from flying off.

This new one is great to look at, err, and that's it. A bit like 'Carry on Walter' at times, it goes nowhere, even the speech at Tilbury is as flat as a witch's tit.

The trailer does an incredible job, the film doesn't.

If you want to enjoy a Will Smith movie DO NOT READ THE BOOK. It will just ruin it for you, the book is great and a legend in its own right. The script, which I have read, is crap and nothing at all like the book.