BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

So, as normal then ;)

Anyone seen the new version of Blade Runner yet?

I've got the 5-disc HD-DVD version on it's way from the US. Can't wait.

Just finished watching "American Pie Beta House" (How many more can they churn out?) and really enjoyed it. Probably because of all the nudity but hey, if it works.

Went to see "Ratatoiulle" on Sunday.

The computer graphics used by Pixar are getting far too realistic.

Good film, good story - line, good twists in the tale, the daughter loved it and so did I.

And when you get home what do you have for your tea?

I'm just back from The Golden Compass. Dear oh dear, not good at all.

I saw it last night, I quite enjoyed it. Although I would have liked more of the book in there but...

1) I enjoyed it and had no "check watch to see how long left to go" moments

2) The missus who hasnt read the books enjoyed it

3) the group of kids at below us who were incredibly noisy during the adverts shut up and watched it in rapt fascination

4) Set up the next two films really well

and the Magisterium isnt the Catholic Church, ohh no

Bee movie looks good as does, worryingly Disney's Enchanted

Edited by Flopsy

Went to see "Ratatoiulle" on Sunday.

The computer graphics used by Pixar are getting far too realistic.

Good film, good story - line, good twists in the tale, the daughter loved it and so did I.

Excellent film. But won't you feel terrible the next time you have to kill a Rat?

Bee movie looks good as does, worryingly Disney's Enchanted

Strangly, I also thought Enchanted looks like it could be quite good.

SOME PEOPLE MAY SEE SPOILERS OF SORTS HERE

Just watched I am Legend. I made sure I went into this repeating to myself its just a film, its just a film, there was never a book, there was never a book.

It worked kind of and I enjoyed it as a film. Will Smith did a great job playing a character that was alone for so long. The plot was decent too, which surprised me as they had butchered the hell out of the book. I was so happy that they got rid of the whole tribal thing with the vampires (Sorry infected) from the first draft of the script and made them pretty much what they were in the book.

If you are a puritan and want it to all end the way it did when it was written or even the old classic "The Last Man On Earth" with Vincent Price you are in for a shock. Except for the fact that his name is Nevil, he is in a city (they changed it to New York), a dog plays a part (completely different situation though), and there are people that want to kill him, there are NO other similarities at all.

Good film though go and see it, much better than I expected.

Edited by rebelmswar

Superman Vs Batman?

Superman would kick Batman's arse any day. Granted Batman is cooler but at the end of the say he is just a bloke. Superman would one smack him. Of course Batman could lace his weapons with kryptonite of course.

I guess a discussion about this could destroy the movie thread so I will leave it at that :)

Superman would kick Batman's arse any day. Granted Batman is cooler but at the end of the say he is just a bloke. Superman would one smack him. Of course Batman could lace his weapons with kryptonite of course.

I guess a discussion about this could destroy the movie thread so I will leave it at that :)

Agreed, would be a good movie though. Looking forward to Sweeny Todd big time though.

I agree, Michael Keaton as Batman was excellent, the original film was exactly like the Dark Knight series of the comics, dark, brooding and at times evil.

The later ones headed towards the 60's TV show, not without their moments, but I'm glad they went back to how they did it in Batman Begins.

The Golden Compass - good film, been sanitized somewhat but still a good film, especially if it's a long time since you read the book (Northern Lights). The armoured bears are excellent.

I thought it was rubbish to be honest, a major disappointment considering the quality of the books. I was in Holland last week and caught I Am Legend at the cinema. It's really very good aside from the awful (nearly embarrassing) CGI and an unnecessary departure from much of Richard Matheson's awesome novel.