BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Well my girlfriend dragged me to watch I am legend last night.Despite her jumping every 2 minutes and refusing to look at the screen most of the time i thought it was okish.There where parts where i had to explain things to her as she isnt one for reading books...unless there's the latst news on what coleen is wearing this week.

A few things that didnt make sense(to me at least though).For instance the part where he's asleep in the bath and you can hear all the "vampires" outside..yet at the films climax they didnt know where he lived.

And the part where the Alpha male "vampire" released his dogs on will smith and his pooch..i mean why did he not just send the "vampire" hordes out?

And if rats,dogs where infected with this virus why wernt birds,deer,lions?

And for the sake of men with girlfriends like mine.Why couldnt they have told you why he was imune and the story with said Alpha "vampire"

But yeah i was a tad disapointed.It was a brave adoptation and Will Smith's Charisma does hold the story togther.But you have to wonder why they didnt stick to the book as that is a story that would make a great film in it's own right.

A few things that didnt make sense(to me at least though).For instance the part where he's asleep in the bath and you can hear all the "vampires" outside..yet at the films climax they didnt know where he lived.

I presume they simply roam about without knowing he's in there.

This looks absolutely fantastic. The early word is that Day-Lewis could walk away with the lead actor Oscar.

I agree but I fear it will be too in depth and dialog filled to do well in the box office. Seems, especially here, if there are no explosions or hot women its crap. I had to drive 62 bloody miles to watch the Queen and 45 to see Sweeny Todd!

the trailers for John Rambo, look really good.

The IMDB reviews appear to suggest that Cloverleaf is The Blair Witch Project with Monsters

Why? Because of the first person view? I can see your point somewhat in that all those reviews are giving it great scores. The question is, will it travel over the water. Blair Witch was all hype and no substance what so ever. I'm hoping this one lives up to the hype.

I've just been through some of the new trailers on quicktime.com and here are my thoughts:-

Batman Dark Knight - Can't wait for that one

Wall-E (new pixar) - not convinced by this but I do love Pixars.

Over her dead body - Actually looks quite interesting.

Mamma Mia - Not sure it's going to translate as well as Chicago or Sweeny Todd, far too fun and bubbly. Still, probably watch it.

Sex and the City - Good god no!

Hellboy 2 - Loved the first one so hoping for good things from this.

Hancock - Looks very interesting but you can write the script now. Drags on the bumbling idiot for too long then saves the world.

Narnia 2 - Hopefully as good as the first one.

Out of that lot, I can only see me going to the cinema for The Dark Knight.

Edited by Biddy