BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

I'm not really a big fan but I'm sort of looking forward to this.

It looks good I saw the trailer today before Cloverfield. Nice to see if the first Enterprise will be as interesting as the others.

Cloverfield was meh in my opinion, If I hadnt have been sitting there thinking I was watching The Blair Witch Project I think I would have liked it better. Nice parts with the M1A1's though.

Watched I am legend - bit to boring for me. It rates up there with Tom Hanks talking to a volley ball.

Also watched (And I know some will laugh at this because its something I should have watched ages ago) Scarface. After watching this its very easy to see exactly where Rockstar got their idea from for the GTA games - its nearly an exact copy. Strangely, my favorite bit of the film is when Tony Montana is dancing - made me laugh anyway.

Scarface is really good but when you think about it, not an awful lot actually happens. In fact for an allegedly epic movie, much of it is very rushed.

Anyway, I saw In the Valley of Elah on Friday and it's a remarkable film. Tommy Lee Jones has rightly been nominated for an Oscar, his performance is incredible.

Edited by Rovermatt

Who knows what goes on in the minds of tinseltown folk. Isn't Norbit nominated for something. Yep "Achievement in Make-up" Surely it's the same as every other fat suit Eddie Murphy has put on in his career.

Oh and I watched Sweeney Todd over the weekend. Thought it was a nice realisation of the story. I just didn't get into the songs, nothing particularly catchy and I found it hard to make out what Helena Bonham Carter was singing half the time. I think it's just me though as the rest of the world seem to think it's the best adaptation ever.

Edited by Biddy

Watched Juno, I don't know where all this Oscar schlongsuck comes from, it was good film for what it was but an Oscar nominee?

Especially since there was no nominations for 300 or Zodiac.

I thought Juno was pretty good, nice little film. Really dsliked 300 and Zodiac though, so probably just very different tastes.

Oh and I watched Sweeney Todd over the weekend. Thought it was a nice realisation of the story. I just didn't get into the songs, nothing particularly catchy and I found it hard to make out what Helena Bonham Carter was singing half the time. I think it's just me though as the rest of the world seem to think it's the best adaptation ever.

Nah, the best one was when Ray Winstone did it

Yeah, the bit where he's grooving away is really silly!

I think Scarface is a bit overlong, they could've trimmed 20-odd minutes here and there I'm sure. The bit where they take that dude up in the chopper was quite good. Plenty of great lines in it, and a totally mental performance from Pacino.

One of my fave films is Carlito's Way, and there are plenty of sly nods and winks to Scarface in that film, it's a sort of unofficial sequel to it. eg, the nightclub Carlito runs is El paraiso, the name of teh burger bar Tony has in Scarface.