BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Watched The Orphanage last night, And i gotta say i was a little dissapointed.

Del Toro has been involved in a couple fo stunning films, Namley Devil's Backbone and Pan's labrynth.But i feel this did not live upto the hype at all, and i'm still not sure as to what actually happend in the film or why the events happend, It was moody and creepy in places, But i just didnt get it.

OK, it's not going to be up there with "The Greatest Films Of All Time" but the daughter & I went to see "Hancock" yesterday.

A new look on the super-hero theme and very well worked too.

I could not agree less Colin.

Awful film...boring and unfunny. It was a great premise but poorly executed.

Watched The Orphanage last night, And i gotta say i was a little dissapointed.

Del Toro has been involved in a couple fo stunning films, Namley Devil's Backbone and Pan's labrynth.But i feel this did not live upto the hype at all, and i'm still not sure as to what actually happend in the film or why the events happend, It was moody and creepy in places, But i just didnt get it.

Yeah, but it's not really a Del Toro film is it? It's like saying District 13 is a Luc Besson film as much as Nikita or Leon is.

I felt it was a one watcher; you could see DT's influence and yet also how the studio was riding his recent successes throwing his name into the mix.

I'm not ashamed to admit Mamma Mia was fantastically enjoyable too, in a completely popcorny feel-good way.

I had to watch it as my fiancee really wanted to see it, and even though the tickets were free, I can say that it was the worst film I have ever seen. From the awful 6th form A-level drama tossers who were the young members of the cast to Julie Walters' typically crap cackling clumsy old bint act, there was not one moment I could say I even remotely tolerated let alone enjoyed. I'd have walked out if I didn't have to climb over several people. It achived the amazing feat of being worse than I expected, and that is from someone who hates ABBA and musicals. Grease was my most disliked film, but the operative word is 'was'.

My fiancee loved it though.

Gillian Anderson has aged yes but she's still drop-dead beautiful as Scully. The scene where she and Mulder are cosied up in bed was not really in keeping with the series (though in the very late episodes they are, relatively, all over each other) but I did find myself cursing Duchovny his stupid luck.

I could not agree less Colin.

Awful film...boring and unfunny. It was a great premise but poorly executed.

I know, but it was a 12A film and I watched it with my daughter, and we smuggled in the chocolate & drinks (you know how they say "no food or drink to be brought in" and then they try and sell you enough rubbish food to fill Ewood) and we had a laugh. Well, we thought it was quite funny & we enjoyed it.

I suppose it depends on the circumstances. It wasn't "One Flew Over The cucko's Nest." but it fitted the day.

Cheers

Colin

Well the wife and i and our kids went to the piccies last night.The choice was Batman or mama mia,but we had already seen Batman.The wife and daughter wanted to see mama mia,so as you may guess me and the lad had to watch........Batman again!Both me and the lad thoroughly enjoyed it again and the wife was happy because she got to see her `chick flick`.I think Batman will be one of those films that i just will not tire of watching and is rapidly moving up the rankings of best 100 films that i have seen.

I know, but it was a 12A film and I watched it with my daughter, and we smuggled in the chocolate & drinks (you know how they say "no food or drink to be brought in" and then they try and sell you enough rubbish food to fill Ewood) and we had a laugh. Well, we thought it was quite funny & we enjoyed it.

I suppose it depends on the circumstances. It wasn't "One Flew Over The cucko's Nest." but it fitted the day.

Cheers

Colin

Sadly I certainly felt like McMurphy by the end.

Really? It got panned by the critics so it kind of put me off a bit.I might take the wife and kids to see it on orange wednesday! (i know i`m a bloody cheapskate! :D )

Is it as good as the first two films?

Number 1 was really good fun. Number 2 was one of the sh*ttest films ever. This one is even worse apparently. What do you expect though? Not even Stephen 'CGI completes me' Sommers could be bothered with it, so Rob Cohen, a hack of the lowest class, and the man responsible for The Fast and the Furious, Stealth and xXx was brought in to try and make some sense of it all.

Edited by Rovermatt

Watched Spanish horror film REC last night, and bloody good it was.

Had the girlfriend screaming and refusing to look at the telly.The end is very disturbing.It's an excelent mix of 28 days later and Blair Witch Project.

I really recomend everyone to watch it.

Where is this on at please?

It was released on DVD this week, I missed it at the Cinema.

In regards to the US remake....From what i've heard it'e best avoided at all costs.

Good tip on the film; fitting description of a mix of them two movies. Was wondering what happened to the cinema release, normally I watch a lot at the flicks, saw this trailer months back & just presumed it may have gone straight to DVD/video. Maybe it had a limited release, or was a grower, or relying on net hype?

Anyways, what a terrific film. I especially liked the way it builds up the tension during the movie, and elements of the plot unfurled leaving them further into the mire. This was the film the Blair Witch should have been - I even thought it was better than the recent Diary of the Dead. I think it's great how these low budget films are reaching a wider audience. Have to admire the POV camerawork, makes you wonder how many takes they do making films like this whilst retaining continuity etc. It's a good measure as to the quality of the plot/direction/film in general rather than fancy effects or CGI, can't imagine they had a big location budget either as only really the two sets.

Will be interesting to see the sequel; seems they're trying to get it done before the Quarantine 'remake/reinvention'.