BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Just back from Batman, wow what a film.

Ledger and Eckhart's performances are sensational.

Have been granted a pass by the Mrs to go and watch it this week however, on checking it is on for the last week now and the screening is 10pm each day - may have to wait for the DVD now :(

Looking forward to Guy Ritchie's new film Rocknrolla! It's going to be similar to lock stock and snatch.

Also has anyone seen Cass? All about Pennant and the ICF. Apparently it's alright though I haven't seen it myself yet.

More mockney gangsters? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Films about football hooligans? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Irritating gobsh_tes acting all hard no thanks.

Looking forward to Guy Ritchie's new film Rocknrolla! It's going to be similar to lock stock and snatch.

Also has anyone seen Cass? All about Pennant and the ICF. Apparently it's alright though I haven't seen it myself yet.

As a film in itself, Cass is pretty crap, kinda like a play for the day extended. Few of the same stereotypical actors from other films like Football Factory & Green Street in it, plus a few bit Brit actors. Guy that plays Cass does well though, but I think that's about it. BTW not judging it against how realistic/factual it is as I wouldn't it know TBH.

Think it's a given rocknrolla will be reverting to type after the disaster that is Revolver. The lead actor from Cass is in it BTW, but I'm sure we're onto the law of diminishing returns. I'll see it, but not expecting much - kinda like the Rovers then!!

Edited by DingleBaiter

As a film in itself, Cass is pretty crap, kinda like a play for the day extended. Few of the same stereotypical actors from other films like Football Factory & Green Street in it, plus a few bit Brit actors. Guy that plays Cass does well though, but I think that's about it. BTW not judging it against how realistic/factual it is as I wouldn't it know TBH.

Think it's a given rocknrolla will be reverting to type after the disaster that is Revolver. The lead actor from Cass is in it BTW, but I'm sure we're onto the law of diminishing returns. I'll see it, but not expecting much - kinda like the Rovers then!!

Now that was an extremely bad film indeed.It tried so hard to be clever that it just failed spectacularly.Truly one of the poorest films of all time.Why Ray Liotta put his name anywhere near that turkey is a complete mystery.

One film that i really like is Payback with Mel Gibson,great cast and a nice slick script to go with it.Very much an underrated film in my opinion.

Payback is underrated. I think It is a remake, but surprisingly a good one. Guy Ritchie must have really suffered a talent drain from Madonna. He was once a promising young director, but he got found out. He's a one trick pony. Shane Meadows however, has done some very good films. I've seen This is England and 24/7 and I loved both.

Well i went to watch The mummy:Tomb of the Dragon Emperor with the missus and kids.I`m just glad it was Orange Wednesday,because i would have been well peeved if i had to pay full whack for it! :D

To be honest very similar to the first 2 films with near enough the same formula.

Ok if you are taking the kids,as they will enjoy it.But really you get the feeling the franchise has run it`s course now.

It sounds like there will be a Mummy 4 set in Peru,if there is they will have to try a whole lot better than they did with this one.

Rating 5/10.

Edited by bacup blue

Now that was an extremely bad film indeed.It tried so hard to be clever that it just failed spectacularly.Truly one of the poorest films of all time.Why Ray Liotta put his name anywhere near that turkey is a complete mystery.

One film that i really like is Payback with Mel Gibson,great cast and a nice slick script to go with it.Very much an underrated film in my opinion.

Ray Liotta's made some stunningly bad choices in movies on the whole. Hannibal anyone? He's almost the stereotypical straight to video actor; if a film has him it makes me ponder as to it's quality these days. Then again, Mr De Niro's the same - great actor, poor agent

Payback is underrated. I think It is a remake, but surprisingly a good one. Guy Ritchie must have really suffered a talent drain from Madonna. He was once a promising young director, but he got found out. He's a one trick pony. Shane Meadows however, has done some very good films. I've seen This is England and 24/7 and I loved both.

Shane Meadows films are fantastic - if you enjoyed them, seek out his back catalogue - especially Dead Mans Shoes. Gary Stretch (the ex-boxer is in it) but acting wise, the guy who plays the Pete Doherty-modelled pop star in Rock N Rolla is excellent in it, as is the always terrific Paddy Considine. There's also a new Meadows film due out soon with the young lead actor from TIE.

Edited by DingleBaiter

Have been granted a pass by the Mrs to go and watch Batman this week however, on checking it is on for the last week now and the screening is 10pm each day - may have to wait for the DVD now :(

:rolleyes: Bit the bullet and got tickets for tonight. Probably not going to get home until 1AM.

It better be worth it is all I can say.

I've got this to watch tonight on your recommendation, so if it doesn't go down well I'll know who to blame. ;)

Ooooo, Dont say that.....Just remember i'm one of the few people that realises Blair Witch Project is a cracking film.

So my film judgment is usually best. ;)

Edited by Nelsta

I enjoyed the Blair Witch Project because I luckily managed to watch it before they hype got out of control. I think those that thought it was crap went in thinking they were going to see the scariest movie ever, so were ultimately disappointed.

My girlfriend speak Spanish (I'm desperately trying not to sound like Eddie here) and loves horror films so you've already scored me some brownie points.

Edit: That last sentence wasn't in any way meant to sound like an innuendo.

Edited by LeChuck

Yep, i went to see The Blair Witch Project at an advanced Halloween screening, Before any one knew anything about it and it was still regarded as "real"....It really was the scariest thing i ever saw.

REC, Is a cracking film.They dont slam everything on you all at once.They build it up and build it up then just throw everything at you.It in no way dissapoints.

Ooo and the Female lead is a bit of a cutie aslwell...wich is nice!

You going to the Palace ? Their website says you can pick your seats but when you book you only get best available ??!

Yes I am. For anyone who has been to the Palace cinema over here (very few if any I can bet) there isnt much leg room no matter where you sit so it dosent really matter. Wasnt given any choice but on my way in in half an hour so will see then.

You'll enjoy it.

Haven't come across anyone who hasn't, just hope you get a comfy seat.

See above for the comfy seat reply but yep hopefully if its as good as the last one I will like it.

I really enjoyed Batman. The last couple of superhero films I have seen have been poor (Spidy 3 and Xmen the last stand)

Some things did nark me (I am sure mentioning these things wont spoil the film for anyone)

Whats with his voice? Bruce Wayne talks normal. He puts on the Batman suit and you would think he has smoked 60 fags a day for 40 years. I get the thing about him masking his voice but why does he mask it in front of those that know he is Bruce Wayne?

He is a normal bloke - no superpowers. At the start, how the hell does he bend a gun?

And a very petty one. (And do not highlight this if you haven't seen the film and it could spoil it)

I thought there was only one baddy in but as soon as they said 'Harvey Dent' I knew right away that Two Face was going to be in it. Again, just a petty one.

Other than that I walked out feeling that I really got my moneys worth and haven't done that in a while.

Edited by Cocker

REC, Is a cracking film.They dont slam everything on you all at once.They build it up and build it up then just throw everything at you.It in no way dissapoints.

Ooo and the Female lead is a bit of a cutie aslwell...wich is nice!

You're right, it's an excellent horror film. The acting in it is great, adds to the realism of the whole thing...which in turn adds to the fear. Thanks for the recommendation.

Edited by LeChuck

hellboy2 ...belting film!!!! oh and A.S. i had to pay.

Watched this today - btw anyone else noticed the Matt Derbs lookalike @ Vue, Blackburn, checking tickets?

Was an okay film, do like GdT's films if only for the visual look of them, but something seemed missing from this film, bit patchy? Often happens with sequels but this was good enough not to be a waste of time, some good points but also a bit of a plod at times. Selma Blair, there's something about her isn't her? Always find it amusing how your man Goss is now a 'serious' actor, yet only seems to have parts in makeup/monster movies. When will I be famous? Indeed.

Edited by DingleBaiter

My girlfriend speak Spanish (I'm desperately trying not to sound like Eddie here) and loves horror films so you've already scored me some brownie points.

I've seen this. Expect me to bring this up every once in a while over the next 4-5 years.