BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

It's proof that the masses are indeed idiots Rovermatt. It would be daft to stop, as it makes loads of money like you say. What I find so crushing is the fact that these films involve one or more of the Zuckers who made such great films as Airplane, Naked Gun and the TV series Police Squad. As Mark Kermode said, people should not see Disaster Movie as it will only encourage them to make more. Just listened to the good doctor on the BBC Iplayer, and his review of Rock 'n' Rolla is worth listening to.

Do you have a link for Kermode's review?

Saw Eden Lake yesterday, be interesting to see folks opinions in comparison with Strangers for instance. Actually thought it was quite good, 'typical' Brit film we tend to do well. It's about a couple go away camping for a weekend and end up getting terrorised by a gang of chavs. Seems to be set in an area suggestive of the North/Mids as if it's a different country to the South, so probably plays up to the London Centric media that it's only Northerners that have anti-social scrotes?

Not seen the film, but can I just say that that sentence is total and utter tosh.

The comment was based purely on an interpretation one could draw from the film, that's all. It's not an opinion I have of life in general. Perhaps if you'd seen the film, then you would at least be able to judge objectively?

So, a 'yuppie' couple with an ideal life in a leafy London borough, all happy & smiley, travel to two different locations with the locals all speaking in Northern accents. In both places every other cast member looks, talks and acts like Jeremy Kyle guests, whilst partaking in casual violence, sex, anti-social behaviour, wife beating, drinking & general chavvy lives.

Go & see Wrong Turn and then ask the tourism department of West Virginia if it had a positive effect.

The point was that your archetypal "scrote", as defined by the "London Centric" media, isn't necessarily Northern, and is probably more likely to come from London as elsewhere.

Maybe so in real life perhaps, but not if you saw this film. I'm pretty certain if the 'scrotes' and the locals portrayed in this film were all one ethnic type, religious group, or any other demographic or stereotype, there'd be more of an outcry.

Hey, I could have watched it and thought they must have filmed it in Burnley, that make it more palatable? Every single person with a Northern accent (over a variety of scenes) in the film acts in a way that a reasonable person would probably consider anti-social at best. Never mind whether it's the case in real-life, or not - it just looks that way in this film.

It's like watching a Guy Ritchie film and thinking every male with an Estuary accent is an on-the-make geezer, but means well.

Ive heard a lot of good things about Pan's Labyrinth but have never got round to watching it myself. For anyone else who wants to watch it, its on Channel 4 Sunday night at 9

Excellent film, and even better it's on C4 HD as well

Well they killed I Am Legend, And almost inevitably they're planning to pi55 on the corpse.

I Am Legend 2

I don't know, might be ok. I quite enjoyed I Am Legend even though the "zombies" looked fake as hell. There's never been a decent adaptation of the book, both Omega Man and Last Man on Earth were boring as hell. so I am Legend was no worse.

maybe it's just because I like German Shepards!

My girlfriend has a habbit of goin into pound shops and buying them crap low budget dvd's

Normally i wouldnt mention them, But after the latest one she brought home, i feel i need to.

It's called Creatures from the Abyss.

It's the best worst film i've seen, Makes no sense..at all!!, The acting is so bad it makes big Moe on eastenders look like a thesp,

And the special Effects are one of funniest things you'll ever see.

The reason i'm mentioning this film though is beacuse unless you've seen a weird, mutant, fishman, that looks like a sock on someones hand have sex with a topless big breasted blonde....then you aint seen anything!.

Nelsta, do not diss the pound shop DVDs. You can probably get some laughably bad films there that could keep you entertained. You could start a thing with a friend where you try to outdo each other every birthday or Christmas and buy the worst DVDs. Two of my sisters friends at uni did that with CDs, both building an impressive collection of David Hasselhoff and Foster and Allen CDs, amongst much else. They stopped when one bought the other a compalation CD of German Oompah band songs. How can you top that?

Anyway, anyone going to see The House Bunny? Thought not. I hope Mark Kermode is reviewing it today, I can hear him sharpening his tongue now.