BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Anyone who fancies a harrowing night in should get the DVD of The Constant Gardener. Watched it last night, a superb film, fantastic direction and 4 good storylines running through. Le Carre fans will say it misses out chunks of the book, I don't know as I haven't read the book, but at nearly 2 hours 30 minutes it would be very long if more was added.

Me and the Mrs were finding it hard to get something to watch on telly last night - which we found hard because it was either a choice of the 1000000 greatest puppy adverts or yet another z list celeb programme so over to Box Office we went.

We wanted a no brainer, just something we could both watch without being to bothererd and that is exactly what we found. We read the info on it and it was meant to be a kind of American Pie but as soon as it started we realised it was but with out being funny. This movie is called Date Movie and IS THE WORST MOVIE I HAVE EVER EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE AND THAT INCLUDES HAVING TO SIT THROUGH BEACHES WITHOUT GOING TO SLEEP.

Whats more is that we paid £3.95 to watch it. I feel like I have been mugged :(

To make things worse we actually started to watch The Shining however she got scared and made me turn it off

Edited by Cocker

We wanted a no brainer, just something we could both watch without being to bothererd and that is exactly what we found. We read the info on it and it was meant to be a kind of American Pie but as soon as it started we realised it was but with out being funny. This movie is called Date Movie and IS THE WORST MOVIE I HAVE EVER EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE AND THAT INCLUDES HAVING TO SIT THROUGH BEACHES WITHOUT GOING TO SLEEP.

Got to agree with you there.

A complete load of trash.

Whats more is that we paid £3.95 to watch it. I feel like I have been mugged :(

To make things worse we actually started to watch The Shining however she got scared and made me turn it off

You could have had your leg over mate like '3rdPillar'. As Jack chops the door open turn to her and whisper "Here's Johnny" :o

As for £3.95 I take it you are referring to Blockbuster, bloody rip off. I asked the dimwit behind the counter what would happen if I didn't want it for two nights.

You can only have it for two nights.

Why can't I rent it out for one night ?

You can only have it for two nights.

Why ? Is this blatant profiteering or is there a real reason ?

(Drum Roll Please)

"Lots of our customers noticed there were loads of extra features on DVDs as opposed to Videos. They said they needed two nights to check out all the extra features"

:wstu:

Saw The Departed earlier. It's absolutely pulse-pounding stuff, Scorcese at his very best. If no Oscars spring from it then I'll be very surprised.

The best line belongs to the superb Alec Baldwin: "Patriot Act! Patriot Act! I love it!" :D

Saw it last night, excellent film, one of the best I've seen in a long time.

Baldwin was great (tragically underused) but who'd have expected Marky Mark to steal the show?

"That would make us c***s. You callin' us c***s?" :lol:

Tedious, pointless bloodfest. Fair enough have blood and gore, but if the only selling point is someone having their face ripped off by something, the film has no quality. Films like the Saw series are just caught in a boring cycle of trying to out do the last film for violent ways to kill people. So Saw 4 will have a 13 year old girl being raped and hacked to bits with a meat cleaver whilst a time bomb is ticking within the other person's guts.

See, I can write a screenplay for a a film like that, and I have no artistic skill whatsoever.

i'm planning to watch saw 3 later this week.

from the reviews looks another quality script and movie.

fairplay you must have some imagination to write those films.

Did anyone hear about people fainting during Saw III on friday night?

Apparently there was a record of 3 people simultaneously fainting around the uk during film Saw III.

i havent read the whole thread yet so sorry if this is a repeated film, but has anybody seen brick?

my mrs stopped watching it after about 20 minutes but i absolutely loved it, took me a while to get into it as it is very slow moving, but i got into it and thought it was brilliant!

i havent read the whole thread yet so sorry if this is a repeated film, but has anybody seen brick?

my mrs stopped watching it after about 20 minutes but i absolutely loved it, took me a while to get into it as it is very slow moving, but i got into it and thought it was brilliant!

I thought it was great. You need to let yourself ignore the stupidity of 'noir in a high school' but I got used to it pretty quick. Definitely one of the better films I've seen this year.