BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Anyone got any new films that they recommend?

Iv heard a few people mention a irish gang type film to be good "15 dead man walking" or "50 dead man walking" or summet.

Anyone seen it?

In The Loop, from Armando Ianucci, the maker of the satirical political TV show The Thick of It. Completely hilarious and featuring Peter Capaldi's Malcolm Tucker, the world's most inventive swearer. You might have to search around for it though.

Anyone got any new films that they recommend?

If you haven't seen No Country For Old Men then watch it next-it is superb. It'd kind of a western movie(set in the wild west) but it is a real heart pounding thriller experience.

Another gem from the Coen brothers.

Out of interest did the TV interview featuring both Clough and Revie ever take place in the real world?

Worth it for no other resaon for the bit where Clough says to Revie "Good lad."

Priceless

• Backroom

Watched a few horrors recently of varying quality, here goes:

[Rec] - I can't recommend this highly enough, great film, Blair witch meets zombie but it's actually decent. Not had as many frights in a long time. I should point out its Spanish with english titles and was remade by Hollywood as 'quarantine'.

Mum and Dad - a low budget english horror, good in parts but not an easy watch especially the Christmas scene. Defo worth a watch if you come across it. Imagine the Royle family with torture.

Shrooms - avoid at all costs, a bunch of annoying Americans go to Ireland on a drug holiday, predictable and copys from countless films.

• Backroom

Never been a Trek fan but have heard mixed reviews.

Tonight I watched Welcome home Roscoe Jenkins, I found it quite funny and any film with James Earl Jones and Michael Clarke Duncan in is good in my books.

Going to watch the inevitably awful 'Superhero movie' later just to laugh at how bad it is.

Edited by TCO

Fans of the original aren't too happy....

Clicky Clicky

lol

I can imagine some of the diehard trek geeks moaning about the film and boycotting it over the silliest of things. On one of the trek forums for example there is a group of people who won't watch it because Sulu wields the wrong type of sword in the film.

I have all the movies and TV series on DVD, I’m a big fan of sci-fi and I’m definitely going to see it.

Hehe good take on trekkie fanboyism there...

I went to see it last night and I enjoyed it. I´m not a Trek fan and have found it way to boring to follow whenever I´ve tried to watch any of it. So that is what I was going in with to watch it.

But it was well paced, funny (some decent LOL moments), looks fantastic, plenty of action set pieces and tons of familiar faces.

Yeah I'll second that. I've not seen any Star Trek episodes (though I have seen a film or too) and I thought it was really good. No idea if it was consistent with the whole Star Trek universe mind (and all that jazz), but as a stand alone film it was entertaining.

Cannes Film festival starts this week..I past through it last year.and managed a get as pretty good position watching everyone arrive for The Changling...Favourite to win best film this year is Eric Cantona playing Eric Cantona...now that's an acting challenge!.In his last attempt was outacted by a goose I believe.. Perhaps I am being over critical but I think acting standards and film quality aint what it use to be..

Cannes Film festival starts this week..I past through it last year.and managed a get as pretty good position watching everyone arrive for The Changling...Favourite to win best film this year is Eric Cantona playing Eric Cantona...now that's an acting challenge!.In his last attempt was outacted by a goose I believe.. Perhaps I am being over critical but I think acting standards and film quality aint what it use to be..

Will definitely be watching this next month. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Gone quiet here.

Saw Barry Spotter a few weeks ago and can thourghly recommend it, but first, if you haven tseen Grand Torino, go and watch it. One of the best films I've seen.

I laughed all the way through it. Especially the bit with Toad in the Barber's shop