BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

I went to see The Last Exorcism last night and really enjoyed it. It's very atmospheric, quite tense in parts and the end is a little disturbing! I find movies that deal with demonic possession and exorcism far more uncomfortable than a standard gore fest like Hostel, because it's more realistic and possible.

I watched Casablanca for the first time this evening (part of my attempt to see all of the Empire Top 500). Unlike Citizen Cane, I didn't think it was overrated. Bogart owned every scene, the plot moved on swiftly and even though a diet of Red Dwarf meant I already knew the ending, it still brought a lump to my throat.

I'm on a similar quest Glenn

One of the best films I've watched recently is 12 Angry Men.

Got A fistful of Dollars and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly lined up on Sky+

Interesting list, of course no list is perfect, but this is one of the better ones.

Empire Top 500

Talking of favourites,

Nice to see my favourite film of all time makes number 23! I feel vindicated!

And great news for fellow fans

Back to the Future - back in cinemas!!

I went to see The Last Exorcism last night and really enjoyed it. It's very atmospheric, quite tense in parts and the end is a little disturbing! I find movies that deal with demonic possession and exorcism far more uncomfortable than a standard gore fest like Hostel, because it's more realistic and possible.

Disappointed with the ending at all?

Got A fistful of Dollars and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly lined up on Sky+

Just bought a set of 4 spaghetti westerns with Clint, including these for 8 quid at Sainsburys - looking forward to watching.

I think I have one or two of the top 20 left to go.

Number 3 is rightly above any of the others in the series.

30 should be higher but maybe that is just personal taste too.

Love that 49 got there :lol:

Yea, i love evil dead, but i must say my girlfriend thinks it's utter tripe as do a few people i know.

And i know i'm probably the only person who thinks it, but why is dark knight so highly thought of?

I know I've mentioned it before on here, but if you're looking to keep track of the Empire 500 (and any of the drier lists where half of the films are pre-1960) then check out the excellent http://www.framerater.co.uk/ (I'm tilt if anyone wants to follow me).

Next on my Sky+ is Singing in the rain, which I have to be honest, I'm not looking forward to.

Another Pro Tip if you're a Sky user doing one if these lists, their "never miss" feature on their website, which emails you when films of your choosing are scheduled to be shown, is a great way of saving money renting old films.

Yea, i love evil dead, but i must say my girlfriend thinks it's utter tripe as do a few people i know.

And i know i'm probably the only person who thinks it, but why is dark knight so highly thought of?

Tripe it is not - horror comedy at its finest.

Whilst I think that it is a good movie, it doesn't belong that high up the list.

If he hadn't of died I don't think it would have been, even though the part he took as the Joker was great.

I know I've mentioned it before on here, but if you're looking to keep track of the Empire 500 (and any of the drier lists where half of the films are pre-1960) then check out the excellent http://www.framerater.co.uk/ (I'm tilt if anyone wants to follow me).

Next on my Sky+ is Singing in the rain, which I have to be honest, I'm not looking forward to.

Another Pro Tip if you're a Sky user doing one if these lists, their "never miss" feature on their website, which emails you when films of your choosing are scheduled to be shown, is a great way of saving money renting old films.

Nothing wrong with musicals Glenn as long as there is a decent pliot and storyline to go with it, it actually is a very very good film and up there with My Fair Lady, Mary Poppins, Rocky Horror and The Sound of Music in my book.

There is something little camp about watching them these days because "they don't make 'em like they used to" but the classics will always be the classics.

Check out "REPO! The Genetic Opera" and tell me if you think there is anything camp about it. REPO!

rubbish = dump

I am clutching at straws here adopted scouser help me out here, desperately trying to figure out how someone could classify that movie as rubbish.

Thought that's what you meant, just a tad obvious. You're right of course, it's great. Following the huge budget blockbuster season of this year (all of which failed apart from TS3), I love it when a lower budget film really delivers. What @#/? have we had to endure this year ? Prince of Persia, Clash of the Titans, etc etc.

I think the Tron remake will be rather good B)

Thought that's what you meant, just a tad obvious. You're right of course, it's great. Following the huge budget blockbuster season of this year (all of which failed apart from TS3), I love it when a lower budget film really delivers. What @#/? have we had to endure this year ? Prince of Persia, Clash of the Titans, etc etc.

I think the Tron remake will be rather good B)

Clash of the Titans was horrid, haven't been subjected to Price of Persia yet. The Last Exorcism blew the blockbusters out of the water in my humble opinion. Machete and Inception were also pleasing this summer, the worst summer I feel there has been for some time.

Tron I am holding out hope for, would love them to make it look slightly dodgy graphically just for some reminiscence points.

Apart from the weird montage scenes early on and about 3/4 of the way through, it's actually a very good film.

A good soundtrack and some decent comedy too - as musicals go!