BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Watched a great British film called Dead Mans Shoes, a really good revenge based thriller thats been out a while.

Was really impressed with the script and acting, well worth a watch.

Also watched an Irish film called Man about Dog, a really good comedy about 3 young lads in Ireland trying their luck with a bit of dog racing, add to that some gypsie's, gangster's and a mobile food van and it gets plenty of laughs.

Talkin' out your arse, no change there then

Or it could just be that our taste in movies differs.

It was a nice concept, but it just didn't manage to seal the deal for me. I can imagine someone pitching the idea and it sounding fantastic, but then not having the talent to actually produce something amazing. Long parts of the movie seemed to be a bit lost and it ended up being rather trite in my opinion, which was a shame.

Or it could just be that our taste in movies differs.

It was a nice concept, but it just didn't manage to seal the deal for me. I can imagine someone pitching the idea and it sounding fantastic, but then not having the talent to actually produce something amazing. Long parts of the movie seemed to be a bit lost and it ended up being rather trite in my opinion, which was a shame.

Fair enough but I loved it. Favourite film at the flicks in 2009.

Justy looking through the empire top 500 list.

I gotta say why is the Crow only at 468?(even Indian Jones and the crystal skull is above it) It may be down to my own personel taste bought i thought it was a superb film.

Least Big Trouble in Little China is on there.

And to be honest, Why Pans Labrynth Isnt in the top 10 let alone top 100 is baffling.

I saw "Scott Pilgrim v The Rest Of The World" yesterday.

We went to see it knowing nothing about it at all, and that's probably what I recommend. You can go on Wikipedia and find out the plot and storyline, but that's rather like reading the last chapter of an Agatha Christie and then going to Chapter One. Don't do it, you'll ruin it for yourself.

The first 30 minutes are a bit of a "mess with your brain" and then the story becomes clear. The moment that happens is great.

There are some enjoyable characters in there, the story develops really well and the film has a unique style about it that once you pick up on it, you really enjoy.

Even above `The Dark Knight`? :blink:

It was alright but I just felt there was something lacking,it could have been better IMO.

No I prefered Dark Knight, but that was 2008!

I guess this year it has been Inception so far, but not much competition. When did Kick Ass come out (didn't see at the cinema) as I that was unexpectedly brilliant.

No I prefered Dark Knight, but that was 2008!

I guess this year it has been Inception so far, but not much competition. When did Kick Ass come out (didn't see at the cinema) as I that was unexpectedly brilliant.

Oops! Doesn`t seem 2 years ago,my bad.... :blush:

Have to agree about `Inception` and I also enjoyed `Shutter Island` too but those 2 aside,it`s been a poor year for the cinema goer.

I watched `The girl with a Dragon Tattoo` at weekend,was very enjoyable and is part of the `Milenium Trilogy`.I`m going to try and watch the other 2 sequels at weekend hopefully.If you don`t mind foreign language films it`s well worth a watch,although I believe Hollywood are doing a remake (the original being in Swedish).Has anybody else watched it?

Edited by bacup blue

Got round to watching the A-Team movie and thought it was ok with some great stunts.

Murdock played by Sharlto Copley was excellent imo .

Thought him and Face were miles better than Mr. T and Hannibal. The Mrs and I were saying that the cast should have been better - they really should have gone out and got: Hannibal - George Clooney; Face - Brad Pitt; Murdock - Jim Carrey; Mr. T was the only one we struggled with. Ving Rhames was about the best we could come up with!

A good, 'leave the brain at home and watch the explosions' film though.

I watched `The girl with a Dragon Tattoo` at weekend,was very enjoyable and is part of the `Milenium Trilogy`.I`m going to try and watch the other 2 sequels at weekend hopefully.If you don`t mind foreign language films it`s well worth a watch,although I believe Hollywood are doing a remake (the original being in Swedish).Has anybody else watched it?

Saw it a few months ago, yep. Decent film, but a pretty tough watch! Didn't think the foreign language and subtitles took anything away from the film at all, and I'll bet the Hollywood remake isn't a patch on this. Haven't seen the second one and don't plan to - I've heard it's dreadful. Apparently it was made as a TV drama and looks like that rather than a film. Don't think the third one has been made yet has it?

Saw it a few months ago, yep. Decent film, but a pretty tough watch! Didn't think the foreign language and subtitles took anything away from the film at all, and I'll bet the Hollywood remake isn't a patch on this. Haven't seen the second one and don't plan to - I've heard it's dreadful. Apparently it was made as a TV drama and looks like that rather than a film. Don't think the third one has been made yet has it?

Yeah I have the 3rd one on DVD titled `The Girl who kicked the Hornets Nest`.

Not sure if it`s available in the shops though but if you HUNT for it you will be able to find it,if you know what I mean... ;)

Saw Wall St at the weekend. S-L-O-W

See it for yourself as it's watchable and Gecko is great. But the rest of it is mush with characters I didn't care about in the slightest.

Could have done so much with it but it was as if Stone couldn't really be arsed. :huh: