BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

I enjoyed it, couldn't quite see why people think it's the greatest movie ever.

But I laughed like a drain during the fight scene between all the news crews

The bit with the Sex Panther did have me in tears as well.

Thought Ferrel was excellent when he wasn't hamming it up, such as the phone call about the dog which was just rubbish

I don't think anyone thinks its the best movie ever, but it is by far the most quotable.

They've done studies, you know.

Now that is scientific fact — there's no real evidence for it — but it is scientific fact

I've just started watching the new Star Trek. Looks good so far. Any good?

Zombieland utterly Rocks if you're looking for something else to watch when you finish Star Trek

A very good Zombie flick.

This one is out in left field, but if you like the zombie genre you should check out the rather unknown "Pontypool" Well worth a watch.

One to avoid is the new Romero movie "Survival of the Dead." Being a huge Romero fan, I was aghast at this dismal entry into the series. I thought "Land of the Dead" may have been a slight mistake, but after this trash I firmly believe that he has fallen to senility. He goes so far as to personally warn people on the DVD release that some parts are meant to be funny.

best film since Serenity, probably of the 00's

although if you dont like Star Trek, probably not as good as that.

Zombieland utterly Rocks if you're looking for something else to watch when you finish Star Trek

Best film of the 00's? Star Trek? Did you mean that?

Even if I try to ignore the destruction of the Star Trek legacy I thought the plot ran out of steam half way through.

Best film of the 00's? Star Trek? Did you mean that?

Even if I try to ignore the destruction of the Star Trek legacy I thought the plot ran out of steam half way through.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but you're so wrongy wrong wrong. ;)

With halloween on the way, I wonder what is everyone's favorite campy horror movies.

Killer Clowns From Outerspace is good for a laugh.

Along those lines, watched IT recently. Comes across as more of a comedy than how I remember it when I was younger, rather unsurprisingly.

Saw Back to the Future at the cinema last night.

I'm probably being massively biased because its my favourite film, but I loved it!

I would certainly recommend anyone who loves the film or hasn't seen it to go watch it at the cinemas.

One thing I did notice was that the atmosphere in the cinema was great, because everybody knew what was coming and knows the characters, there was laughing and cheering throughout! Great stuff.

Also for someone who has watched the film hundreds of times, I still noticed some new things, as the quality of the digital/blu ray is excellent.

Its on limited release so make sure you go see it!

"Are you telling me that you built a time machine?............OUT OF A DeLOREAN?!!!!"

My grandfather helped to make DeLoreans here in Northern Ireland where they were produced for the DeLorean Motor Company. Not aware of him ever producing a time machine however.

I remember watching Back to the Future Part III at the cinema. Probably my earliest cinematic memory.

Anyone seen 'The Town'? It's excellent - I was shocked when the credits rolled and Ben Affleck's name came up as director.

I'm going to have to go see 'Gone Baby Gone' now. He's clearly very talented.

Gone Baby Gone is based on a Dennis Lehane novel, the same author that did Mystic River. As a huge fan of Lehane, I think Affleck did a much better job capturing the essence of the story and characters than Eastwood did with Mystic River.

Saw Back to the Future at the cinema last night.

I'm probably being massively biased because its my favourite film, but I loved it!

I would certainly recommend anyone who loves the film or hasn't seen it to go watch it at the cinemas.

One thing I did notice was that the atmosphere in the cinema was great, because everybody knew what was coming and knows the characters, there was laughing and cheering throughout! Great stuff.

Also for someone who has watched the film hundreds of times, I still noticed some new things, as the quality of the digital/blu ray is excellent.

Its on limited release so make sure you go see it!

"Are you telling me that you built a time machine?............OUT OF A DeLOREAN?!!!!"

'ONE. POINT. TWENEE-ONE GIGAWATTS!'

Gone Baby Gone is based on a Dennis Lehane novel, the same author that did Mystic River. As a huge fan of Lehane, I think Affleck did a much better job capturing the essence of the story and characters than Eastwood did with Mystic River.

I'd have been surprised by that, pre-The Town. I like Eastwood's directing a lot, but I was really impressed with Affleck.

I'll let you know what I think of Gone Baby Gone.

'ONE. POINT. TWENEE-ONE GIGAWATTS!'

I think you'll find thats "Jigawatts". I think its on the DVD directors commentry where they admit they got it wrong and only realised after the film had shot.

Can't wait for the Blu-ray to come out. I have resisted the silly collectors tins and model Deloreons, but I was tempted by the "outatime" number plate in the tin.

I've seen quite a few movies over the past few weeks, some brilliant, some good and some ok. I saw Devil a few weeks back and it was quite enjoyable. It's nowhere near as good as the other stuff that M. Night Shyamalan has done (he wrote this), but it's still a very good story with some tense moments in it. I find movies where the idea of the devil is actual visualised far more disturbing than any shock horror stuff that's out there. Another good movie is Buried. It's an uncomfortable watch at times and you feel pretty claustrophobic at times. It's a good idea and it works well. There are a few truly awful moments in it, especially when he is on the phone to his work. It won't be everyone's cup of tea mind you, particularly if you are easily pleased when it comes to movies. Last week I saw a docu-movie called Restrepo, about marines in Afghanistan. It's gets up-close and intimate with some of the soldiers and what they experience, more so than any other documentary like it. However I came out of it feeling pretty underwhelmed and felt like it was something I could have watched on TV.

Last night I went to see The Town, which is a cracking movie and one that most people should enjoy. The way it depicts the hard edge of Boston and the people in it, is well done. It is just a cop/criminal thriller, but it is done very well. Moreover, you get to see what a superstar Mad Men's Jon Hamm can become. Earlier I went to see the opening night of The Social Network, which I thought was brilliant. Like The Town, it's one of the best movies I've seen for a while. You get a real idea of how desperate a socially awkward Mark Zuckerberg was to be accepted into Harvard's elite clubs and fraternities and how the idea of creating something like facebook would allow for his admittance into them. The dialogue never stops for the full 130 minutes, which gives the movie an intensity that is reflective of what you would have imagined the time creating and coding facebook would have been like and the bitter aftermath as a number of different parties lay claim to it's inception. This is a must see in my opinion.

The Town and Social Network to my disappointment weren't out at our local cinema last weekend. So we watched The Other Guys instead, and laughed a lot!

Walhberg is superb in playing a comedy version of his character in the Departed. And Farrell was... well... Farrell of course.

I'm now off to buy a Toyota Prius :tu:

The Town and Social Network to my disappointment weren't out at our local cinema last weekend. So we watched The Other Guys instead, and laughed a lot!

Walhberg is superb in playing a comedy version of his character in the Departed. And Farrell was... well... Farrell of course.

I'm now off to buy a Toyota Prius :tu:

Ferrell surely?

• 2 weeks later...