BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

• Backroom

I love horrors but haven't watched and wont watch the original Paranormal Activity, I don't like ghosty type films.

Saw 3D this weekend, I know it will be awful but I'm a sucker for 3D

I love horrors but haven't watched and wont watch the original Paranormal Activity, I don't like ghosty type films.

Saw 3D this weekend, I know it will be awful but I'm a sucker for 3D

The first Paranormal Activity is excellent - I wasn't expecting much but it really does give you the chills. Took me a while to get to sleep after! :o Like the best horror films it's more about what you don't see on screen .....

Watched 'Burn After Reading' at the weekend - while not in the same league as the genius of 'Fargo' or 'The Big Lebowski' it's still a solid Coen Brothers effort.

Edited by MarkBRFC71

Has anybody seen the trailer for `skyline`? At last we might be getting a decent sci-fi film.I just hope it doesn`t go down the `Independence Day` route of the good `ol U.S.A saving the world cliche along with bad script writing. :rolleyes:

Haha I watched Independence Day in America all those years ago, and at the end of the film the audience clapped and started shouting U-S-A! U-S-A! it was hilarious.

Saying that, I do love the film!

Edited by rog of the rovers

• Backroom

I've mentioned it before but if anyone fancied picking up a good cheap BluRay then Apocalypto is superb and visually stunning (even if it is directed by a Wacko)

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched `Skyline`,not overly sure what to make of it though,as strange as it might sound... :blink:

Almost a cross between `Independence Day` and `War of the worlds` although this film was definitely different in so much as there was no big name actors in it.

With a reported budget of around $10-20m most of it went on the special effects which were very good.But had the film been given a decent budget though it could have been a real blockbuster,which is a shame but i suppose a sign of the times when film companies daren`t risk too much money.

Interesting ending though that means there will definitely be a sequel.7/10 for me,not bad but with a bit more financial backing,it could have been a cracker.

Just watched `Skyline`,not overly sure what to make of it though,as strange as it might sound... :blink:

Almost a cross between `Independence Day` and `War of the worlds` although this film was definitely different in so much as there was no big name actors in it.

With a reported budget of around $10-20m most of it went on the special effects which were very good.But had the film been given a decent budget though it could have been a real blockbuster,which is a shame but i suppose a sign of the times when film companies daren`t risk too much money.

Interesting ending though that means there will definitely be a sequel.7/10 for me,not bad but with a bit more financial backing,it could have been a cracker.

I agree with everything you've said. I saw it tonight and thought that there were some good set pieces and good ideas, but didn't really grasp what the movie really stood for. As you say it was a bit of mish-mash of Independence Day and World Of The Worlds, without being one or the other. It's not the worst movie I've seen and even though I thought that the trailer looked cracker, I was a bit skeptical when I found out that the directors directed Aliens v Predators Requiem. With a bit more thought it could have been a lot better. It will be interesting to see if a sequel will indeed be made.

Following on from this movie

looks the business. Edited by RoyRover