BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe

Miker

Thought I'd start a new topic about our next up-and-coming superstar! I thought he was fantastic at RB after Salgado was subbed off and he was moved in there. He was great on the ball, getting up field and distributing the ball well and I distinctly remember a number of superb interceptions by him off the ball.

Long story short, really pleased by his performance last night at RB against one of the bigger teams in the league. He seemed calmed and assured in everything he did, and he continues in that way then I don't see why he can't develop into a quality RB in the future, or at least Salgado's replacement.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't he a CMer?? And was only put at RB as we had no alternative

Yes, but I think he actually showed himself to be quality at RB and has been pretty anonymous in his cameos as a CM. Just my opinion though. He's still young, so there's always time for him to be coached into a different position.

I thought that he looked lost when playing in midfield and improved a lot when moved to right back. He got caught out by a Song pass, which allowed Arshavin to run at goal and he backed off Arshavin too much in the box which allowed him to get a shot away. But apart from that he looked good there. He got forward to win the free kick that lead to Song's own goal and brought more pace to the position. The more he plays there the better he'll get at it.

There was an alternative. Dann could have gone to RB, Givet to CB, Olsson at LB.

Lowe has played RB before and played well there. How he'll play against someone with real pace might be a worry though!

Can't be any slower than Salgado!

Can't be any slower than Salgado!

True...but Salgado with his experience can read a game.

But it does appear his legs have gone.

I just worry that with little cover from Rovers wings, a couple of skinnings from a quick winger may destroy a young player's confidence and career before it has started.

I read a stat that young Jason broke down 13 of arsenals attacks and had a 89% pass completion. pretty darn good imo

Passes 28 completed 25

Tackles 5 won 4

Interceptions 4

Clearances 2

Blocks 4

They are the sort of stats that we came to expect from PJ, for someone with such little top level experience, he deserves a run in the team.

Archived