BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe

Miker

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read a stat that young Jason broke down 13 of arsenals attacks and had a 89% pass completion. pretty darn good imo

By comparison, Gael Givet's pass completion was under 50%. I f-ing hate him at full back.

Lowe was very good. Got a bit lucky in the first half when he misread a pass and let Arshavin run free, if Gervinho squares to an unmarked Van Persie then it would have cost us a goal. I feel more comfortable with him there than Salgado.

Good to see Kean give ANOTHER youngster a chance. Thought he was excellent for us after he switched to RB. Won the free kick that led to Song's own goal.

Hopefully he will have earned a starting place VS Newcastle.

Credit to Kean for having the faith in him, and more credit to the young lad for taking his opportunity.

By comparison, Gael Givet's pass completion was under 50%. I f-ing hate him at full back.

Lowe was very good. Got a bit lucky in the first half when he misread a pass and let Arshavin run free, if Gervinho squares to an unmarked Van Persie then it would have cost us a goal. I feel more comfortable with him there than Salgado.

To judge by some of his body language on Saturday, I'd say Givet f-ing hates him at full back, too! ;)

He's a centre-half, playing out of position. Some players [e.g. Phil Jones and, to judge by Saturday's game, Jason Lowe] can adapt to playing in various positions; others can't.

I had Lowe down as MOM. Similar in maturity to P.Jones debut against Chelsea. Looks to have all the attributes of a very good RB despite starting the game in midfield. Has to start at RB against the geordies IMO :brfc:

I believe he was another one dismissed by the all-knowing JAL.

Only caught the first half when he got the runaround from Arshavin and Arsenal should have scored from that attack.

Missed the second half so I take it there was a big improvement from Lowe or was he just fortunate.

True...but Salgado with his experience can read a game.

But it does appear his legs have gone.

I just worry that with little cover from Rovers wings, a couple of skinnings from a quick winger may destroy a young player's confidence and career before it has started.

Salgado has been are biggest liability by a mile this season(and most of his rovers career bar 1 decant spell last season), his so called experience doesn't stop him making reckless tackles and giving away penalties and free kicks in dangerous positions.

salgado has been are biggest liability by a mile this season(and most of his rovers career bar 1 decant spell last season), his so called experiance doesnt stop him making reckless and givinig away penalties and freekicks in dagerous positions.

Congrats for getting his name right in the edit.

If you think he has only had one decent spell for Rovers since he signed you haven't been paying attention. If he's fit I'd stick him ahead of Lowe. His positional sense isn't good enough yet. If he is to play there in the future the best thing to do would be not to now make him a regular, but blood him in slowly so his confidence can grow and he can learn at the right pace.

Only caught the first half when he got the runaround from Arshavin and Arsenal should have scored from that attack.

Missed the second half so I take it there was a big improvement from Lowe or was he just fortunate.

He had a brilliant game and the stats back it up.

Better to keep your trap shut in future, JAL. You're beginning to look very silly.

Got the runaround from Arshavin?

What? Once?

I'd hardly call that getting the runaround.

I like how you dislike Formica too for missing one chance (which was well saved by the keeper btw)

That's why I dont have you on ignore JAL. You're quite the puddled character

I'm not surprised. Hoilett was doing bugger all to support him on Saturday.

True - Givet was good at full back last season (a lot better than Olsson anyway!) He has just suffered from having a central midfield without the Joneses energy to cover, faced quick qingers and had no cover.

Stick Olsson or Rochina infront of Givet and we will be fine down that left side as they have the discipline to track back. Move Hoilett into the 'hole'.

True - Givet was good at full back last season (a lot better than Olsson anyway!) He has just suffered from having a central midfield without the Joneses energy to cover, faced quick qingers and had no cover.

Stick Olsson or Rochina infront of Givet and we will be fine down that left side as they have the discipline to track back. Move Hoilett into the 'hole'.

Rochina ? Rochina cant defend either :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

One silver lining for me today is that Lowe looked decent - not brilliant but more than servicable. Can tackle, pass, good engine, good delivery from set pieces, a bit of pace. Could be our saviour this season sitting in front of the back four. Made a couple of great runs to cover the full backs which we have needed so badly and has a bit of bite about him which, to be brutally honest, we totally lack.

Ridculous to say this about a 20 year old but we are so desperate I would build our team around him as the anchor. Shape was okay today, just needs tweaking. Something like:-

-------------------Robinson

Salgado---Samba----Dann----Givet

-----------------------Lowe

---------Simon----Nzonzi----Olsson

-------------Yakubu-----Hoilett

We need to push Hoilett further up, but we haven't been able to because the midfield has been so brittle. Hopefully getting Lowe in there should shore us up, and give Nzonzi a kick up the a*se.

One silver lining for me today is that Lowe looked decent - not brilliant but more than servicable. Can tackle, pass, good engine, good delivery from set pieces, a bit of pace. Could be our saviour this season sitting in front of the back four. Made a couple of great runs to cover the full backs which we have needed so badly and has a bit of bite about him which, to be brutally honest, we totally lack.

Ridculous to say this about a 20 year old but we are so desperate I would build our team around him as the anchor. Shape was okay today, just needs tweaking. Something like:-

-------------------Robinson

Salgado---Samba----Dann----Givet

-----------------------Lowe

---------Simon----Nzonzi----Olsson

-------------Yakubu-----Hoilett

We need to push Hoilett further up, but we haven't been able to because the midfield has been so brittle. Hopefully getting Lowe in there should shore us up, and give Nzonzi a kick up the a*se.

:rover: i thought lowe was our best player,his delivery from set pieces was superb,lets hope he plays in his true position,instead of right back. :blush::brfc:

Got the runaround from Arshavin?

What? Once?

I'd hardly call that getting the runaround.

I like how you dislike Formica too for missing one chance (which was well saved by the keeper btw)

That's why I dont have you on ignore JAL. You're quite the puddled character

Its all depends on where you want to set your bar or performance level. If you and a few others are happy with bottom of the league or a relegation place then I can fully understand were your coming from.

For me, I'm aiming for top middle of the league and these young lads dont cut it as of now.

For me, I'm aiming for top middle of the league and these young lads dont cut it as of now.

Like Jones, Hoilett & Olsson wouldn't cut it either.

Sorry, JAL, but you have zero credibility on this subject.

Archived