SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe

Miker

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His comment on twitter "Im delighted to have secured my near future at BRFC"

I read that as he still feels he has a lot to prove at this level, and that he hasn't turned the corner for a long and prosperous Rovers career just yet.

There are no guarantees in football :)

Lowe is the new Kyle Walker according to Kean

Will he ever learn to stop making stupid comparisions?

To be fair, that's not that bad of a comparison.

Kyle walker has just broke through in to spurs first team. Just like Lowe has for us.

They're both doing well for England.

It's not like he's comparing him to Ashley Cole or something

To be fair, that's not that bad of a comparison.

Kyle walker has just broke through in to spurs first team. Just like Lowe has for us.

They're both doing well for England.

It's not like he's comparing him to Ashley Cole or something

Is he comparing them as players or their careers?

Walker is an established PL right back by now and has been called up to the full England squad.

Lowe is an emerging midfielder deputising as right back, why would Kean compare him to Walker in the first place? He's captain for England U20's will probably play regularly for U21's if he keeps his form up. But I think they're quite different as players as well as play in different positions.

You'd have to ask him...

But I doubt he's claiming that Lowe is a carbon copy of Walker as some people seem to think...

Pass us that stick

There's playing Devil's Advocate and there's being Steve Kean's cabana boy.

Guess which way you're leaning, SA?

Anyway... it's always a proud moment to see another young hopeful rise through the ranks. However, I wouldn't get too attached. As we saw with Jones and his like before him, the young starlets don't stay for long at Ewood.

There's playing Devil's Advocate and there's being Steve Kean's cabana boy.

Guess which way you're leaning, SA?

Anyway... it's always a proud moment to see another young hopeful rise through the ranks. However, I wouldn't get too attached. As we saw with Jones and his like before him, the young starlets don't stay for long at Ewood.

Come on, there's a difference between reading things as they are; and blowing things way out of proportion just because you don't like the person who said it.

Fair dos, his comparison of Bruno to Irwin was pretty daft.

But comparing Lowe to Walker is not as daft as people are making out.

Can't believe that Lowe turned his back on a shot for the second goal, surely he will get a lot of stick for this.

It bad practice to turn your back on a shot, I think if he hadn't the shot would hvae not gone in.

School boy stuff.

Can't believe that Lowe turned his back on a shot for the second goal, surely he will get a lot of stick for this.

It bad practice to turn your back on a shot, I think if he hadn't the shot would hvae not gone in.

School boy stuff.

Take a look at Samba for their first. ;) Bit old for a school boy so I guess Lowe has time on his side.

Take a look at Samba for their first. ;) Bit old for a school boy so I guess Lowe has time on his side.

Re that first goal, 3 Rovers players stood and watched him pulldown a difficult ball and then volley it. He should have been marked more closely by somebody and they should been charging him down while the ball was in the air. That was a pathetic effort.

Just hope Jason doesnt take his foot off the pedal with his new deal secured now. Hes cost Rovers more than a few goals this season so far and we've only played around ten games.

JAL senses an opportunity to have a dig at a product of the youth system and true to form takes it.

Just a page or so back you were trying to squirm out of the negative comments you made about him amidst the excellent progress he has made. Now somebody makes a negative observation so you revert to type and reckon he's apparently cost us a few goals in ten games.

What's it to be JAL? Good prospect or not? Does it depend on what others say? Does your jealousy of Youth team lads made good mean you cant resist having a pop at them?

Guest Rovers4Good

Yeh he looks good and runs like he's got carpets under his arms but if he works a little harder on his positioning then he'll be one for the top for sure. :)

Stupid comment Sparky. I would always be enthusiastic about young prospects coming through.

Yes..but a 5 year deal??? Just smacks of kean keeping everyone onside. Should have been 3 years at the most. He only gets in side because we've no proper right back....He could get very comfy on a five year contract....

Im not a fan...he's lucky to be playing at this level...I dont think he'd play for any other team in this league.

Im not a fan...he's lucky to be playing at this level...I dont think he'd play for any other team in this league.

What?!!!!! He's young and still learning. How many times have you actually seen him play? and on tv doesn't count because then you don't see a lot of what players do when they don't have the ball.

Just my opinion mate. I think that he'd struggle to get a game in any other club. Just shows how shyte we are at the moment

Depends whether other clubs have an ageing right back or not.

Personally I think he is improving all the time - who knows whether he will make it or not - but personally I would prefer to support our emerging youth team players rather than put them down before they have had chance to establish themselves.

Depends whether other clubs have an ageing right back or not.

Personally I think he is improving all the time - who knows whether he will make it or not - but personally I would prefer to support our emerging youth team players rather than put them down before they have had chance to establish themselves.

I also think there are quite a few premiership clubs that would like to have him in their squad.

Archived