SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

So what are you going to discuss? Chicken and corn feed?

What I mean is at our regular meeting on field issues are not part of our remit.

We discuss matters that affect the fans, tickets, stadium issues, retail problems etc.

So what are you going to discuss? Chicken and corn feed?

Well, at our normal meetings, we discuss earth shattering topics like the temperature of the pies and the acceptability of electronic cigarettes, through to actually vaguely important stuff (the FF pushed hard for lower ST prices and unreserved seating in the DE). In fact http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/FansForum has the minutes going back to 2007 so people can see how we managed to spend so much time without talking about on-the-pitch stuff.

Don't tell me you have never watched or read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ?

Ah ok - still dont get it. I wouldnt be the one getting kicked off the tour or being annoying as per the kid you mentioned.

Id love to go to Pune, simply to understand thier vision and ambitions for our great club.....I feed off ambition, and would love to hear it all first hand. Im a glass half full kinda guy, hence my normal positivity!

Glad that this improved PR is happening, and a nice treat for those going too - many of whom put many unrewarded hours into Rovers. I hope this actually transpires into a better understanding of fans views and vice versa, and isnt just some publicity exercise whilst the team is also out there.

I'd obviously be very interested in the Venkys future plans for Rovers, and also keen to learn more about their plans for Indian academys and if they plan to do be leaders / part of a professional football league in India too.

Would like to have seen / see a season ticket holders Q&A session at Ewood with the Venkys at some point too.

• Backroom

A nice gesture from the owners and I'm looking forward to reading the thoughts of the 'Pune 9' upon return. This is a rare opportunity guys, so please do your best to convey the issues and if possible give the Raos some potential solutions as well. I don't think anybody wants to feel uneasy with or angry at the owners - they just need to understand why they've upset so many people and adjust their ways accordingly.

Good luck!

How long you guys over in India for??

Do you intend to get a list of questions from fans to take with you or not?

We depart from Manchester on Tuesday evening (4th Oct) on a shuttle to Heathrow. We then get the scheduled flight to Mumbai. From Mumbai it is a four hour road trip to Pune. We arrive back home the following Monday morning.

We are not sure yet what the format of any meeting with the owners will be ... but rest assured all those going have the best interests of the club at heart.

We depart from Manchester on Tuesday evening (4th Oct) on a shuttle to Heathrow. We then get the scheduled flight to Mumbai. From Mumbai it is a four hour road trip to Pune. We arrive back home the following Monday morning.

We are not sure yet what the format of any meeting with the owners will be ... but rest assured all those going have the best interests of the club at heart.

Dont forget your scissors :lol:

I think the "Pune 9" is a fantastic idea and have no problem with the participants being drawn from the FF. It ensures that Venkys speaks with the truly dedicated Rovers' supporters and they had to start somewhere.

I think they'll do us proud.

I'm still anti-Kean. He's not good enough. But I'm fully capable of warming to Venkys, especially if they act on whatever feedback the Pune 9 decide to give them.

I'm not sure how much chance we are going to get to ask a list of questions we might have. However, I do think it's worthwhile getting a sense of what people would like us to ask so that we can at least have a feel for the concerns of a wider section of fans. So please ask away but let's not let this thread descend into another shouting match.

There's something very unsettling about all of this, and the way it is coming out.

I'll get pelters, no doubt, but it honestly makes me feel sick to my stomach. Never felt like this about any posts before.

I wouldn't say it makes me sick to the stomach. Although the mutual backslapping is a little nauseating.

Is your trip self funded or all expenses paid?

What are the terms of reference for this meet? Is it basically going to be a Fans Forum held in Pune?

In all seriousness (which does'nt happen much with me) I am very happy for the guys that are going and I trust that the questions that need asking are asked.

I bet you guys are over the moon but dont let that distract you from the things that really need addressing.

Also massive kudos to Venky's for making this happen, it is exactly what is needed for us to understand their culture and commitment.

I'm not sure how much chance we are going to get to ask a list of questions we might have. However, I do think it's worthwhile getting a sense of what people would like us to ask so that we can at least have a feel for the concerns of a wider section of fans. So please ask away but let's not let this thread descend into another shouting match.

Good stuff O2G..........Some things id like to know

• Plans to grow the club and how they plan on doing it?
  • Any plans underway for a proper full tour of India to raise our profile? Aswell as other parts of Asia?
  • Our debt situation - has it now all been cleared?
  • Plans for new sponsorship deals?
  • Who makes the decisions that JW used to make at Ewood now? Is it essentially Mrs Desai?
  • How much liquid cash do they have that can be put into the club to help grow us?
  • Why did we have a negative budget in terms of fee's received/ spent in summer?
  • Have the agents totally gone, and we are now back to being a normal club who operate in the 'old way'?

Il think of many more before you go too.

I wouldn't say it makes me sick to the stomach. Although the mutual backslapping is a little nauseating.

Is your trip self funded or all expenses paid?

What are the terms of reference for this meet? Is it basically going to be a Fans Forum held in Pune?

Thanks Christ for that. We were fully expecting there to be a welter of negative posts when this was made public and I was beginning to believe you had all gone soft. <_<

To answer your points it is paid for, except that we are individually picking up the costs of visas, vaccinations and travel insurance (and beer money). We don't know the full detail of what we will be doing when we get there, beyond that we will be seeing the game with Pune FC and seeing the Roverstars programme and we may not know the detail of what is planned until we get there.

• Any plans underway for a proper full tour of India to raise our profile? Aswell as other parts of Asia?
  • Who makes the decisions that JW used to make at Ewood now? Is it essentially Mrs Desai?
  • How much liquid cash do they have that can be put into the club to help grow us?
  • Why did we have a negative budget in terms of fee's received/ spent in summer?
  • Have the agents totally gone, and we are now back to being a normal club who operate in the 'old way'?

Some good questions there Hughesy.

Some of those I can answer now and the minutes of last week's Fans Forum will help, which should be out in the next day or so.

I don't know about a tour of India but the appointment of Shebby Singh is a measure of their ambition to develop the club in Asia. I think Rovers see long term prospects for the like of shirt sponsorship from India but whether that will happen with the next deal I don't know. Kentaro/SEM were not involved in the last transfer window.

Yeah defo a great gesture,and as others have said,very difficult to pick who goes,just wondering what the other die hards who go out there think of 9 getting a free trip,when it's going to cost others big bucks,I am talking the likes of Pittard who by the way has not missed a first team match home and away since 1974,Aldershot away, bus broke down,and that incudes all pre season matches inc Washington Hong kong and all Europe etc,but you all do a good job at the forum and deserve it,enjoy the trip.Talking to Steve Patrick who went recently to prepare the pitch in Pune,said it was an unbelievable experience saying the Venkys are treated like royalty wih the locals,prepare yourselves for the red dot on your foreheads,and yes they do like a good drink.....

O2G - SEM/ Kentaro were involved up until Pavone or whatever his name was given the boot out of his hotel....thats when it all went tits up for them.

Do the minutes answer the Debt/ transfer fund question?

I just think we need to get from them a clear vision from them - share it with us, let the fans understand what they are working on and we can start to understand them more.

O2G - SEM/ Kentaro were involved up until Pavone or whatever his name was given the boot out of his hotel....thats when it all went tits up for them.

I just think we need to get from them a clear vision from them - share it with us, let the fans understand what they are working on and we can start to understand them more.

No to your question.

I think your last sentence is something I really hope we can get from the trip.

• Backroom

I think that right there is the bottom line reason for the trip

Archived