BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

It would also be nice for a full list of people who are going to be put on here as 8 are BRFCS members and then all can gauge what type of opinions are going to Pune.

Would that be wise. I think some people would seek to abuse the Pune 9 considering some of the childish and insulting posts already aimed at them.

A hell of a lot of people are bitter and very jealous towards them.

At the end of the day the club is going to go to these people first as they have a connection to the club through official channels are known and trusted too.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There really are some miserable people around. The folk who've said they are going seem reasonable people on here and I assumme that they are much the same off the board. They'll do a good job.

Let the 9 go, let them put their point across, wish them luck, and give the negativity a rest.

No problems mate, I did express my concerns to yourself with Kean as the manager but as discussed footballing issues do not come into Fans Forum matters. There is the opposite side of the scale on the FF as well, some are far more positive than myself.

Just to clarify (neither here nor there really) 7 of the 9 forum members attending are on BRFCS (the two others I don't think frequent forums) plus one of the 2 on a personal invite from Balaji. It's not too surprising though as BRFCS is probably the biggest forum for Rovers fans but I'm sure some of those will also be members of other Rovers sites, I myself have an account on the official boards and Roverstalk (does that still exist?).

I assume the one on a personal invite is the young lad who was let down some time ago.

I don't know personally anyone on this site. I don't know personally any member of the FF. Based on their postings, however, I do know, the temperament and judgment displayed by some of the Pune 9. In the main, I am very satisfied and believe our concerns will be well represented, if they are given the opportunity to voice them in a frank and forthright manner.

And I think the allegations that Glenn and others of the Pune 9's credibility is in question due to their accepting the trip is way off base. If all it took was a plane ticket and a few nights in an Indian hotel to sway their opinion, they'd be pretty poor human beings. Who really believes this to be the case? I certainly don't.

As to the FF, it seems like you folks do a lot of good work on the small details. You are aces. :tu:

All that said, Kean needs to go. In my opinion, he is a cancer eating at the heart of the club.

they are not part of the 9, thats my take, they were invited back in the summer while Rovers were on tour.

Spot On. I think it was that meeting which put the seeds into Venkys mind to invite more fans over.

Mum/Dad both spent a good amount of time explaining how their trip had come about, but at this stage, I think a lot of that has been lost in a bunfight about who should or should not go.

• Backroom

they are not part of the 9, thats my take, they were invited back in the summer while Rovers were on tour.

Correct Mr Roversmum is a member of the fans forum but he and Mrs Roversmum are going on a personal invite in addition to the 9 on the forum invite.

I am really pleased that the group are going, mainly because at last it is an acknowledgment that supporters' views matter to Venkys. I am pleased that this was done via the established fans forum, and it is clear that those going are passionate Rovers supporters with the club at heart, so finally, finally we are represented. I hope you all have a fantastic trip, that this builds bridges between the support base and the owners, and that we can move forward with a better understanding of their plans and ambitions, and they get insight that they so obviously need.

My my what a strange turn of events.

My only thought is that it would have been more beneficial to supporters and the Venky's if they had a session with 50 or 100 season tickets holders down at Ewood.

No detriment to the participants but the Venkys have been very clever about this in attempting to get the 'inner circle' on side. You don't treat the back benchers to free lunches you invite the cabinet ministers.

How do the people going feel about discussing the concerns of a lot of fans? Such as, John Williams and Sam going? The appointment and support of Kean? And kentaro? Etc. Would love to know what you guys and gal are thinking.

No detriment to the participants but the Venkys have been very clever about this in attempting to get the 'inner circle' on side. You don't treat the back benchers to free lunches you invite the cabinet ministers.

20 Fans Forum members.

5,000 BRFCS members

15,000 season ticket holders

Which is the most feasible group to invite... I wonder.

20 Fans Forum members.

5,000 BRFCS members

15,000 season ticket holders

Which is the most advantagous group to invite... I wonder.

Corrected it for you.

Is it behond the wit of man to draw 9 tickets out of 15,000?

They may have been clever, but getting seemingly influential people onside to help get the message across is common place. Any management trainee in any business gets that in their first training course - the more advocates you have, the better the success rate of installing the corporate message.

It isn't about brain washing people or bribing them, it's about trying to connect to the wider fanbase by talking to people who know the wider fanbase and talk their language.

It could backfire for Venkys. Those attending might come back with increased negativity. But I am sure they will be honest with their opinions.

I can only really talk about those attending whom I know: SteB and Glenn are no-ones puppets (Smurf excluded, Glenn). Roversmum is a wonderful lady with honest views and I can't see her being swayed by a free chicken madras. Mr Roversmum ... well if he can hold a conversation with a total stranger (who happened to be my 71 year old dad) in the club shop for 20 minutes, he can talk straight to anyone.

It really is an insult to those going to assume they're getting bought as many (jealous*?) posters seem to be suggesting.

And as someone said, Rovers is just one business interest of the Venkys. They can't spend every waking minute in The Brown Cow holding court. If this is the only fans outreach launched, then yes, it's wrong. But as the first stage to establishing an ongoing dialogue and showing a whole new vision for the club, then it should be commended.

* PS... I'm dead jealous as well.

Is it behond the wit of man to draw 9 tickets out of 15,000?

And those 9 could all go? For certain?

Why would they be better suited than members of a group that help out at the club?

What if those 9 are all under 16?

Why waste money and time keep drawing lots?

Why would that make you more comfortable about it anyway?

None of those 9 are going to know each other at all.

Why would they be likely to ask the "right" questions?

What about things like criminal records, illness, family commitments, work commitments?

Why make the whole process far more difficult than it needs to be?

It sounds like sour grapes to me.

This is no doubt a fine gesture.

However a lot of Venky's actions so far have been just that - gestures. They dressed up getting the Prince's Trust on our shirts as some fine display of altruism when it was anything but - they were intent on getting a commercial sponsor until the very last minute, somehow failed in this duty and then had to get the Prince's Trust in at the last minute to try and avoid the inigmony of having no sponsors. It cost us millions in sponsorship money. Ultimately I wasn't that upset - it's a very good cause and some things in life are more important than football - but Venky's actions should be viewed in an entirely different light to if they had set out deciding that a charity sponsor should be part of our identity and found the Prince's Trust that way.

Similarly, the naming of the Ronnie Clayton stand was a nice gesture. The end result - a Blackburn Rovers legend gets an ultimate honour - is not something to complain about at all. But equally you do wonder how much the Venky's had to do with this decision since they cant have known who Ronnie Clayton was and it was done at a time of growing fan anger. I suspect it was a decision to pacify the fans more than anything and something which was ideal for Venky's - something that didnt require too much money or effort but which was very popular with the fans.

With this particular gesture, I am very pleased to see they're doing this. But if they hold this meeting and then carry on after the meeting as they were before then it will mean absolutely nothing - in my eyes it will be another cynical ploy to curry the favour of the fans, and if you're spending £6m on Gary Neville's house then spending £10,000 or so on flying 9 fans to Pune is small change. However, if they meet with the fans,then do something like make a statement to the rest of us saying something like "we have met with the fans and will be doing these things as a result" - and then action these plans, then we should all judge it as a success.

So yeah, now is not the time to judge what Venky's are doing here. See what they do after the meeting.

And those 9 could all go? For certain?

Why would they be better suited than members of a group that help out at the club?

What if those 9 are all under 16?

Why waste money and time keep drawing lots?

Why would that make you more comfortable about it anyway?

None of those 9 are going to know each other at all.

Why would they be likely to ask the "right" questions?

What about things like criminal records, illness, family commitments, work commitments?

Why make the whole process far more difficult than it needs to be?of

It sounds like sour grapes to me.

Simply put IT WOULD BE FAIRER.

Your array of weak points are insignificant.

It might take a few days to get the group together but they would represent the whole of the season ticket holders and have far more chance of asking the questions that the rank and file want answered. It's not rocket science.

Archived