BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Jensen gone

The last paragraph of Nicko's story gives me hope.

He's indicating that, contrary to popular belief, Kean perhaps doesn't have as much support within Venky's as we all believe.

A poor result against Citeh may actually bring what many people want. The sack.

• Like 1

I hope Venkys are'nt so damn stupid that they would offer the job as Assistant Manager to a man like O'Neill! Thats an insult!

Ive always admired O'Neill and if Kean finally (Yippeeiiiiiiii! ^_^:P:D:tu: ) gets sacked I would be delighted to have a man like O'Neill in charge! He made Villa into a really good team and maybe he could do the same with us.

We have a good squad, some great players and its just such A SHAME (!!!!) that we have this moron Kean in charge, makes you wanna cry :(

I hate Steve Kean!!

Who?

Viz comic strip.

Aldridge Pryor – a pathological liar whose lies are ludicrous, such as The Nolan Sisters living in his fridge. Pryor is instantly recognizable for his retro dress sense, usually a tartan jacket with a sheepskin collar and a pair of uncomfortable-looking platform shoes.

Taken from Wiki, I did'nt have a damn clue either :lol:

• Like 1

ONeil as manager would be ideal. Certainly wont come as no 2. Who on earth would consider veing keans no 2? He has no pedigree, no prolific football career,no international experience, is hated by most fans and has a crap record. Throw in our league position and lack of club structure, I cant imagine there would be any quality applying.

Lets just concentrate on getting kean out this weekend and get a manager and assistant who know what they're doing.

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 1

why the hell are we talking about number 2s? billy mckinlay? are people having a laugh? i know he was a good player when he was here but he would no improvement on jensen and will just be kean's yes-man.

No mate, no ones laughing. It's bloody depressing. They should both have gone. There's no excuse. None whatsoever other than the fact we have idiot owners. And if they're not idiots then they need to explain themselves, that would be a spiffing idea. The silence is deafening. If not sacked then Jensen would have spoken by now surely? Paid for his silence maybe? A N Other no doubt. Good job we have billionaire owners ain't it?

Meanwhile linking our vacant asst managers post with a character from Viz makes perfect sense.

Who?

"Former Arsenal midfielder Jensen left the club after a meeting with boss Steve Kean before training yesterday with most of the club reeling at the departure of the well liked Dane"

Yeh that will change the fortunes of the club.

Truly terrible owners, if this keeps up it wont be long before they are the subject of abuse and it would'nt be unjust.

It's things like this that make me wish ABBEY was one of the fans on his way to Pune.

Edited by beerwins

A friend of Kean from Fulham, with no playing career of note....and years working his way around at Chelsea.

I think had he been an excellent coach/ potential assistant manager then someone like Mourinho would have taken him with him on his next job.....AVOID!

MON as Manager?? Massive step up from Kean, but would prefer others.

I have to say I would take Kamy's word for it as he is usually quite reliable with these things with regards to sackings and also as Baldy has form for stabbing people in the back SA etc.. but have to say I am appalled by this guys actions as everyone knows the buck always stops with the manager seems as though this slimy toad will do anything but do the right thing I hope after Sat's beating they finally get rid of Baldy I also feel looking at the official article that statement says nothing about the reasons for JJ leavingvery weird statement and very short very poor show from the club just releasing 2 line statements.

YOu know, I'm OK with this for a bit, anyone who may pay attention to any of my posts will remember I mentioned th eonly way I can see Kean making it is with an experienced #2. Will they or won't they (the owners) allow him to bring in his own assistant. If we judge this man's character as we see it then he is not going to bring in anyone that can out shine him. So hope fully it will be the owners telling him here have some of this.

• Like 1

I must admit that it has come as a bit of shock Jensen leaving and its all very cloak and dagger at the moment but has anyone actually considered that he has gone because he is a shi^e assistant manager. He came from nowhere and say what you want about Kean, but he wasnt his choice and the manager is entitled to work with whoever he trusts and feels comfortable with.

Jensen never really inspired any confidence in me and I remember when he was appointed Paul Merson (not the most relaible opinion I know) saying that he didnt even realise Jensen had gone into coaching.

As usual with Rovers at the momnent things on the PR side are dreadful but I feel jumping to conclusions and instantly blaming Kean for this is a little naive.

My personal opinion is a spanking against City and he will be gone.

Jensen has won the Danish championship with a small club and been assistant to Michel Laudrup with two clubs - one winning an other championship and one almost making it two the euro league final with Getafe.

Still not much of a fan though - but his CV as nr 2 is not bad.

Laudrup is available now as he has just quit Mallorca. If Venkys want polished footie he is a good shout. Not what we need I think but he fits the profile - and he is good at taking players such as hoilet and Olson further - and players usually like him.

JJ was a crazy appointment in my opinion. could have been good, but we need someone who is even more defensively minded (not Dutch Total Football related) and also has bags of experience (EPL please).

Kean is good at counter-attacking no doubt, but defensively he is weak. Allardyce and Coleman taught him nothing, clearly.

Ian Holloway would be ideal in my opinion and a hell of a lot more likely appointment than O'Neill. Holloway is rubbish with the media, he could benefit from a setup where Kean does all the namby pamby stuff while he gets stuck in behind the scenes.

With the exception of O'Neil no exciting names mentioned so far. I can't imagine MON arriving at Ewood as the man is far too intelligent to put up with the Rao family - or they would need to have a complete change of attitude? People don't change their basic culture overnight.

Who would be daft enough to work at Ewood? More likely who is desperate enough to work for the Raos and Kean?

With the exception of O'Neil no exciting names mentioned so far. I can't imagine MON arriving at Ewood as the man is far too intelligent to put up with the Rao family - or they would need to have a complete change of attitude? People don't change their basic culture overnight.

Who would be daft enough to work at Ewood? More likely who is desperate enough to work for the Raos and Kean?

While I also doubt MON will come he is exactly the type of person we need at the club. Some needs to drag this club up off the floor.

With Kean as manager we are doomed no matter who is his number 2.

While I also doubt MON will come he is exactly the type of person we need at the club. Some needs to drag this club up off the floor.

With Kean as manager we are doomed no matter who is his number 2.

I fully agree. MON is an intelligent, articulate individual who gains respect from others. He is the type we need, there are a number out there, but anyone with those attributes is very, very unlikely to risk exposing themselves to the Rao family.