BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans, Supporters and Critics

Miker

Thought I'd bump this up given the recent arguments of "who are the real fans?"

Anyone who cares about the club is a supporter.

Just because supporter have a difference of opinion about the manager (even 1%) or how best to safeguard the club's future (a much larger division) doesn't make one group better than the other.

We fans/supporters, whatever, need to be more down to earth and realistic. the name alone " Blackburn Rovers " and its rich history

including the ups and downs means so much to so many people with over 136years history behind it.

However being a realist our club has been bought as a ( business ) by the venkeys they own it, they dont however have feelings for the

club like we do. Their involvement is for an entirely different reason along the lines of company profile worldwide, PR in general,

brand awareness etc, all business related. This is why we are so far apart in attitude to our current problems.

I too was first taken to the ground by my grandad in the late 50,s and apart from working abroad, playing football myself have been

going ever since, 4 season tickets, lounge passes, car park passes etc. The best time for me was winning the Prem in 1995 and all that

entails, they can never take that from us!

However we still need to be realistic, we dont own the club we are paying spectators, although of long standing. I personally would

never Boo either a manager, a club official, anyone on the pitch with a magical blue and white halved shirt ( I,m so envious! )

it is so counter productive. We need to conduct ourselves in a dignified manner,no matter what our differring opinions are, it is a good

thing to have a wide variation of views.

We are supporters first with opinions we are entitled to, describing us as critics is not helpful, we want the best for the club

come what may we must support the CLUB at all times. Whether we like kean or the venkeys or not is not the priority, points and results

are more important, I would prefer to see a better manager in place but maybe kean has turned a corner who knows, i wouldnt think so.

One thing I do know is that Blackburn Rovers will still be around long after kean and the venkys.

We fans/supporters, whatever, need to be more down to earth and realistic. the name alone " Blackburn Rovers " and its rich history

including the ups and downs means so much to so many people with over 136years history behind it.

However being a realist our club has been bought as a ( business ) by the venkeys they own it, they dont however have feelings for the

club like we do. Their involvement is for an entirely different reason along the lines of company profile worldwide, PR in general,

brand awareness etc, all business related. This is why we are so far apart in attitude to our current problems.

I too was first taken to the ground by my grandad in the late 50,s and apart from working abroad, playing football myself have been

going ever since, 4 season tickets, lounge passes, car park passes etc. The best time for me was winning the Prem in 1995 and all that

entails, they can never take that from us!

However we still need to be realistic, we dont own the club we are paying spectators, although of long standing. I personally would

never Boo either a manager, a club official, anyone on the pitch with a magical blue and white halved shirt ( I,m so envious! )

it is so counter productive. We need to conduct ourselves in a dignified manner,no matter what our differring opinions are, it is a good

thing to have a wide variation of views.

We are supporters first with opinions we are entitled to, describing us as critics is not helpful, we want the best for the club

come what may we must support the CLUB at all times. Whether we like kean or the venkeys or not is not the priority, points and results

are more important, I would prefer to see a better manager in place but maybe kean has turned a corner who knows, i wouldnt think so.

One thing I do know is that Blackburn Rovers will still be around long after kean and the venkys.

We pay our money and are entitled to boo players , Venkys or puppet Kean ...there's an old saying the customer is always right

Archived