BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Inspiration

Miker

Despite not being able to be at any home games, I would love to one day turn on the TV and see the cameras focus on some inspirational/motivational banners being put up by our fans to support the players. I saw Shabani's signature on another thread (which I can't find now), but the banner said something like "To play in the famous blue and white halves is OUR dream. Today YOU live it." and thought it was absolutely brilliant.

Why don't the fans do more to create an atmosphere of inspiration and motivation at the ground? I'm not sure what songs are normally sung on matchdays, but when I saw us play in Sydney, it seemed like the majority of chants were negative ones making fun of Burnley, or saying how much better we are than Burnley. The only positive one I can remember is the "There's only one Jack Walker" chant. I'm thinking of one that goes something like "we're the pride of Lancashire", but I feel like I'm dreaming that one up.

We have such a long and proud history as a club. We've been in the Premier League for so many years now, we are one of the only clubs to have won a Premier League title since its inception, we have had so many quality players play in our famous blue and white halves and so many great managers to lead the way. Why don't we showcase our pride more often? Remind the players how lucky they are to play for this club. Especially at a time when Hoilett is stalling on his contract.

My apologies in advance if there are more positive chants sung at games frequently and more positive banners hoisted up around the ground. As someone that's not local, I don't know enough about it, but it's something that's bothered me for a while (ever since Sydney really).

I saw Shabani's signature on another thread (which I can't find now), but the banner said something like "To play in the famous blue and white halves is OUR dream. Today YOU live it." and thought it was absolutely brilliant.

This the one pal?

Man City

Interesting post, and I like the idea of it. There is a lot to be proud of when it comes to Blackburn Rovers. I was lucky enough to be around to see us win the league in 95( I was just 7 and live in Ireland where most people support United) but one of the moments I remember with great fondness was us winning the worthington cup in 2002. After watching us being relegated and feeling like someone had cut my heart out, It was such an amazing feeling to see us get promoted and then go onto win the cup. I remember praying at half time and hoping we could somehow win the game. It was an amazing moment for me and one that I'll always remember. Still have the t-shirt I bought in Blackburn with the 2-1 result on it with date and venue details.

Anyhoo I'm in favour of what Glenn and others are doing, I still want us to win every game we play but something has to change in the club, especially when it comes to communicating with fans and the day to day running of the club. I love Blackburn Rovers more than I could ever say and will be Rovers till i die.

Would love for things to improve and for the fans to be able to sing with pride about our club. Turn Ewood in to a fortress(again) on the field and in the crowds.

Here's one of my favourite memories http://www.wallcoo.net/sport/Premier_League_Blackburn/images/Blackburn%202882316.jpg

Interesting post, and I like the idea of it. There is a lot to be proud of when it comes to Blackburn Rovers. I was lucky enough to be around to see us win the league in 95( I was just 7 and live in Ireland where most people support United) but one of the moments I remember with great fondness was us winning the worthington cup in 2002. After watching us being relegated and feeling like someone had cut my heart out, It was such an amazing feeling to see us get promoted and then go onto win the cup. I remember praying at half time and hoping we could somehow win the game. It was an amazing moment for me and one that I'll always remember. Still have the t-shirt I bought in Blackburn with the 2-1 result on it with date and venue details.

Anyhoo I'm in favour of what Glenn and others are doing, I still want us to win every game we play but something has to change in the club, especially when it comes to communicating with fans and the day to day running of the club. I love Blackburn Rovers more than I could ever say and will be Rovers till i die.

Would love for things to improve and for the fans to be able to sing with pride about our club. Turn Ewood in to a fortress(again) on the field and in the crowds.

Here's one of my favourite memories http://www.wallcoo.net/sport/Premier_League_Blackburn/images/Blackburn%202882316.jpg

I'm not saying we should replace what Glen et al are doing with the protests, especially as I'm in support of them and the sacking of Kean. I'm talking generally though. I don't understand why the people against the protests and/or pro-Kean don't organise something like this. Given quite a few people on the Fans Forum are either pro-Kean or at least a bit more neutral in their opinions, why don't they speak with the club to get something like this started?

This isn't a dig at the fans forum, but considering how much money Venky's spent in sending the 9 to Pune (on first class flights, no less), I would imagine a much better move would have been to use that money to fund some sort of "inspire" campaign where flags, placards, posters, banners etc. could have been designed and produced and given out to fans to hold up at matchdays to cheer on the team. Not only would it make Ewood more colourful, positive and exciting, but the money could've supported local printing businesses, rather than the Indian travel industry. There's so many ideas out there that can and should be utilised to help make Ewood a fortress again that I'm surprised it hasn't been done.

I remember towards the end of Sam's only full season in charge that the club came out with a number of fantastic initiatives to get more fans through the gates and make the ground as loud as possible. I'd like to see more of that happening. It's depressing that so much energy has to be wasted on such a worthless person as Steve Kean, rather than spend it on celebrating this proud club and everything it has achieved.

Archived