BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Athletic v Blackburn Rovers-Match Preview

Ozz

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But Wigan have been playing well too. Their performance against Fulham was miles better than anything we've put in under Kean. The Wolves game could have gone either way as well.

It could be a great game actually, both teams can't defend and have managers trying to play attacking football.

Really? Didn't see the game but it would have been a hell of a performance to be 'miles better' than our effort against Norwich where we totally dominated!

Really? Didn't see the game but it would have been a hell of a performance to be 'miles better' than our effort against Norwich where we totally dominated!

They had 60% possession and 18 shots on goal, hitting the bar a few times. Like us they often get undone by soft goals and poor finishing.

Norwich had more possession and more shots than us. It was still a good performance away from home though.

Oz - I will more than likely be popping into the Anvil again.

Anyway - not seen/heard much by the way of songs (Mods why can't we start a new topic in the Songs Section'?) so thought would pop a few ideas here in preparation

The famous Rovers army when to Pune to see the dopes

And this is what they said

Who the ferk are the Venkeys!

As the Blues go marching on! on! on!

(James - Oh Sit Down)

Going down, going down, going down with Kean

Down down down down doooowwwwwn

Into obscurity

(Beatles - Yellow Submarine)

In the town where I was born

We had a club that sailed the Premier League

But now we are about to drown

With Venkeys and yes man Kean

We're going down in the Venkeys submarine

The Venkeys submarine, the Venkeys submarine........

(Taliking Heads ... Road to Nowhere)

Well we know where we're going

With the Venkeys and with Kean

And we know what we're knowing

And can say that from what we've seen

And we're not little Children

And we know we want them out

As with the future is certain

OF THAT WE HAVE NO DOUBT

We're on the road to nowhere

We feel like we've died

Taking a ride to nowhere

We don't want that ride

We were feeling okay before them

And we know

We have lost our 'Paradise'

Down we go, down we go '

(Everley Brothers - All I have to do is Dream)

Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream

Kean is in your arms

And you fallen for his charms

Whatever he tells you , all he has to do is

I have my singing head on - more songs

(Various - You are my Sunshine)

You are our sunshine, our only sunshine

You made us happy when skies where grey

but dark clouds have surfaced

from the Pune

to take our Rovers away

( hymn - Oh Jesus I have promised)

Oh Rovers we have promised

to follow thee to the end

Forever be behind you

Together we defend

We do not fear a battle

With you as our side

Nor wander from this pathway

'Arte et Labore' we all abide

( The Beat - Stand Down Margaret)

We say we see no joy

We see only sorrow

We see no chance of your bright new tomorrow

Stand down Venkys

stand down Kean

stand down Venkys

Stand down Venkys

Stand down Kean

Stand down Venkys

Stand down down down....

This game is a must win.

But not for the manager, for the fans. Which, considering, the manager's overall success record and the fact that we are virtually bottom of the Premier League mid-November must be an unprecedented situation.

Given the constant backing (and rumoured new deal) for 'their man', in some kind of face saving gesture (too late Venkys), I have to wonder: at what point does continual reward become a disincentive towards success?

Knowing that you cannot be sacked no matter how poor the output of your work is not only going to lower your standards but the standards of those around you. Ultimately it will lead to your failure, the failure of you team and the failure of your project/business. I'd love to know how Venkys factory managers output/success is measured...

If we beat Wigan, we can look forward a smug grin from Kean and premature I-told-you-so's from some quarters. Fine. At this stage, I'll take that. If Kean is handed a contract on the back of it, it will surely add to the ill-feeling but it might be like a firework in a volcano. Although it might convince a few more people that all is not well. (However, I think some people would still see it as a good thing!)

If we draw, we get a smug grin from Kean and more positive result psychobabble. It will barely affect our position in relation to safety, but - given that Kean thinks that because we should have won a game (in his head) we can allow ourselves to think we did - he will no doubt be over the moon about a point. Might even be enough to announce his new contract.

If we lose, we all lose. Well everyone except Kean. We'll get some meaningless stat, finger pointing at a couple of individual moments in the game and a "we'll carry on...". Nothing will change and we'll be another foot in the Championship.

So to sum up.

Must win.

Well I'll be singing this;

Same as Torres song

We are the rovers, we hate steve kean SACK HIM SACK HIM

He's the 1 whos wrecked are team SACK HIM SACK HIM

We are the rovers and we'll all shout

And we won't stop until he's out

We are the rovers we want steve kean out.

Don't fell like singing any cheerful songs.

This game should be the same as Ince's last. Lose and the manager should be a gonner. However, who knows what may happen. Before that game the fans were really up for it, and continued to be so until we were 2 down and it was plainly obvious that Ince had lost it.

The 3-0 with Reid's thunderbolt was a cracking game.

Nice one Ozz,

Hope it goes well on the day for your return to football.

Here's that Stephen Reid goal Perhaps the most violent strike of a ball I've ever seen. I was there and seeing it again puts the fear of god into me.

I was directly in line of Reidys shot. Cannot how releived I was the net stopped it! To this day have no idea why the goalie dived, it was past him before he moved.

What a team we had then.

This is a MUST win game! I dont care how well we play, we HAVE to win. To be honest I thought we did well vs Chelsea but it was all for nothing, well now its points on the board time. Kean cant have many bad results left in him. I want at least 12 points from next 6 games, big ask under Kean I know but if he cant deliver that he doesnt deserve the job. A win against Cardiff would be a nice bonus too.

Archived