BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Athletic v Blackburn Rovers-Match Preview

Ozz

My mate's family are very good friends with Dunnys family, and have been for decades. He said exactly the same thing, not an ounce of fat on him it's deceptive because of the way he's made - and because of his big arse.

I have known David since he was a little lad and you are right, he has always been "big" but certainly not fat.

He has been a great servant to Rovers but I feel the time has come for him to hang up his boots before he sours the great memories I have of him in the famous blue and white halves. Like all players he just wants to keep playing but a good manager should be able to see that he is no longer a Prem Leauge starter, still life left this season as a sub mind.... but as we know we have deluded weegie in charge rather than a manager.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kean picked the wrong team and the wrong formation. Wigan - eight games unbeaten Wigan - had enough chances to bury us. We were awful.

You obviously don't really want balance, as Parson Blue's was balanced and spot-on.

We're now essentially 5 points away from safety, with Kean actively trying to split the fans and seems to be starting to really enjoy antagonising them.

Seriously...what's wrong with you?

Obviously I didnt know anything about the game so was interested in what people said. As a general comment a 3-3 draw away from home against 10 men is at least worthy of mention.I cannot believe over 90 minutes play there were no slightly positive comments? i have spent my whole professional life stressing to my students that a balanced answer is the right way.I suggest you reread the report. I found no balance. I am replying to you rather than Parson as I found your last sentence very disrespectful.Dont insult me my telling me what i do or do not want. I am well aware of our plight and take no pleasure from it believe you me. My CV of support is without question.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the match report tony. I try to be as objective as possible but I have to say that on Saturday I saw very little to be positive about. We managed to snatch a point from a team who had lost their previous eight League games and who, in all fairness, ought to have beaten us. We have seven points from twelve games and a whole host of new signings from the last two transfer windows have failed to make much in the way of an impact.

It would be impossible to write a report on Saturday's game without being critical of the performance as it was not very good. Indeed, it was in stark contrast to the performance at Norwich which I described as our best of the season the best away performance for some time. On Saturday we were very poor and the lack of organisation comes down to the manager. Week in and week out our defence is exposed down the flanks and our defensive organisation on Saturday was very poor - Wigan's second goal being a perfect example.

My dislike of Steve Kean simply comes from the fact that he is not very good at winning football matches whilst the owners have made a series of disastrous decisions which are now having a major impact on the football club. My report accurately reflected the fact that the fans turned on both the manager - nothing new there - and the owners - which was new. Having faced the wrath of the supporters one would hope that the owners might reflect on what is happening at the club and finally take action to correct the mistakes which they admit they have made. As for the manager he must start to get results soon or we will be cut adrift. We are already four points away from safety and defeat at Stoke could well see that gap increased further.

Prior to the game, our manager came out with a statement which suggested there wasn't the slightest chance of the club being relegated. Unfortunately, the facts suggest otherwise and Saturday's performance certainly suggests otherwise. It was simply a foolish statement to make as no team is too good to go down. As I said, I believe the 1965-66 team was far superior to this one and Jack Marshall a much better manager than Steve Kean and yet we still went down. When I suggested that both the Rovers and Wigan will be playing Championship football next season I would think that the majority of the fans at the DW Stadium on Saturday might have left the ground with the same opinion.

Thanks for your reply Parson. I do appreciate your total commitment to Rovers and I am jealous that you can attend all the games! These are worrying times but I am so disappointed in the unrelenting litany of criticism of the club at all levels. I do believe that the players are playing for kean and the fact that we got a draw after 98 minutes playing with 10 men was worthy of mention. I do hope that you are wrong in your assessment and that come May we are still a premiership side.

Obviously I didnt know anything about the game so was interested in what people said. As a general comment a 3-3 draw away from home against 10 men is at least worthy of mention.I cannot believe over 90 minutes play there were no slightly positive comments? i have spent my whole professional life stressing to my students that a balanced answer is the right way.I suggest you reread the report. I found no balance. I am replying to you rather than Parson as I found your last sentence very disrespectful.Dont insult me my telling me what i do or do not want. I am well aware of our plight and take no pleasure from it believe you me. My CV of support is without question.

You do make a valid point. As I said to all the other folks who were travelling back from Scotland, it was a pity we have all the 'other stuff' clouding our thoughts at the minute because we had just witnessed a cracker of a match. Leaving aside how 'bad' both teams are - for sheer entertainment value it was an absolute belter, and there were some lads on the train from Edinburgh and Aberdeen who had come down to witness a 'live' premier league game for the first time as neutrals, who were delighted with the entertainment they got. One of them said that if you rolled all of Aberdeen's home games from the last two seasons into one, you wouldn't have had as many incidents as there were at the DW on Saturday.

Despite that, we're still firmly anchored in the drop zone.

I will be amazed if we have more than 11 points come December 31st.

But still, at least a 3-3 draw with 10 men at Wigan (a team who'd lost 8 or 9 on the spin) was excellent. Perhaps the club could use extended highlights of that for the end of season DVD, I'm sure it would be a great seller.

Sorry mate, I didn't mean to sound disrespectful. I just get wound up easily thinking about what a mess we have been made into.

Im normally a very optimistic person, but other than a helluva action there was nothing positive about it. Yakubu had a nice finish to make it 1-0 and also cold as ice when he had to step up to take the penalty. Robinson fighting for all three points by throwing himself into a situation risking to get a kick in the face was fantastic to see. Before that he had just made a silly error and let in a cheap goal.

An awful and immensely lucky result. Peds gave a blatent penalty away, which was waved away for whatever reason and then "that" corner kick was unreal. Robbo had a mare and despite making up for it at the end by getting kicked in the head the result in all likelyhood relegates both us and Wigan.

Im normally a very optimistic person, but other than a helluva action there was nothing positive about it. Yakubu had a nice finish to make it 1-0 and also cold as ice when he had to step up to take the penalty. Robinson fighting for all three points by throwing himself into a situation risking to get a kick in the face was fantastic to see. Before that he had just made a silly error and let in a cheap goal.

You say that and then go on to outline three positive things :) ...... if Kean gets sacked (yes I know its a very big 'if') and we get a proper manager in, that last gasp equalizer and the spirit we showed after Dunny had seen red might actually be the difference between staying up and going down at the end of the season.

Sorry mate, I didn't mean to sound disrespectful. I just get wound up easily thinking about what a mess we have been made into.

No worries FLB; thanks for your reply. We are all of us a bit fractious at the moment, none more so than me when Rovers are not doing well.I hate to see the way the club is at the present time but i have accepted that Kean is our manager and the owners arent going away so i have to remain positive. I am always optimistic about the Rovers and get very depressed when I come on here and read such negative posts. I am sure we all want the club to go from strength to strength and nothing would please me more than to see Kean get Manager of the Month for December as that would mean we are winning games.

Glen, I am glad you are alright but by refusing to press charges it does open up the possibility of this guy assaulting again. It might be someone else who is attacked next time.

Not quite sure of what happened in the situation nor to say who was too blame but was talking with fellow members of this board close to the incident and can say that Glen acted very reservedly from what I saw and was not violent in anway.

Glen are you aware if the guy actually got arrested considering the Police where outside as he headed in the same direction as you where ushered shortly afterwards.? (also saw the group after the game and he was not with them)

I would have thought if you where not pressing charges the Police or even the pub landlord may be interested possibly for criminal charges.

I actually confronted one of the other guys in the group to find out what it was all about who to be fair was actually quite reasonable and did advise that the guy in question is always like that and 'blames' Glen for furthering the embarrassment on the club with the protests hence the aggro.

Whether he regrets it or not only he will know and by the sounds of it Glen either knows who he is or is aware of him but for his 'age ' I would guess older than Glen but acted like a child. (I'm sure the Kali ( :wstu: ) they where taking in the toilets must have contributed but was not obatined from a sweet shop ;) )

Back to the game

- the corner incident -I think it was off the training ground and peds though the Yak had touched it

- The ref was poor

- both teams on that evidence are going down - in normal terms coming back with ten men has to be applauded - but this was no normal terms.

- the angst amongst the fans to each other is getting worse

- The nobody is a sad deluded idiot and riled virtually everybody in trying to gain the plaudits from the crowd instead of Robbo.

- had to have my say at one Police officer at the end to say what right had they to tell us to put fown our signs/flags - then asked what was actually on it 'W..KYS' his reply

- can only think of one thing better in respect of the Rovers at the moment but think the numpties getting spooked was ideal.

Now to Dunn - I want to add a little bit of balance to all those slating him. Although stupid he was the only one showing any ooomph should we say IMO and just to add to want CN174 posted

cn174

There's not a tackle in our midfield! Nzonzi is supposed to be our tackling midfielder, but he barely is.

Have a look at the feeble attempt (again) of Nzonzi in the tackle prior to Dunn getting his second yellow - Dunn was the only one that actually attempted to try and win the ball back

Same as when Souness tried to turn him into a tackling midfielder, its never really been part of his game and now his legs have gone its becoming a liability.

No worries FLB; thanks for your reply. We are all of us a bit fractious at the moment, none more so than me when Rovers are not doing well.I hate to see the way the club is at the present time but i have accepted that Kean is our manager and the owners arent going away so i have to remain positive. I am always optimistic about the Rovers and get very depressed when I come on here and read such negative posts. I am sure we all want the club to go from strength to strength and nothing would please me more than to see Kean get Manager of the Month for December as that would mean we are winning games.

That's pretty much how I feel too.

Archived