BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Questions

Pedro

I'd love to know what fellow supporters thoughts are on the following questions;

1. If we do actually go down and Kean stays, would you still renew your season ticket?

2. Why do you think that there is a running theme in the media that pundits are backing us to go down - but then the same ones insist Kean needs more time and the fans to be patient??

3. If by some miracle we do manage to get out of this mess by stringing a few results together, could you ever forgive Kean?

4. If Kean were to go, who do you think is a likely/realistic replacement?

5. Does anyone else have the sinking feeling that somewhere out there in Bburn there is some kind of Travis Bickle style character who will be driven to do something really stupid?

1. I love going to watch rovers but I'd find it hard to do so in that scenario. A difficult one. Have to see.

2. Because we are currently one of the 3 worst teams in the premiership. Because the football world is completely insular and they all support each other, even Kean. When he does go then they'll claim they were saying that all along. They always do.

3. Kean is simply not competent at this level. Relegation would prove that. Staying up by the skin of our teeth would prove that. So no, he would still need to go.

4. Sadly nobody experienced. Be someone up and coming and we've all seen that you can get lucky (Mark Hughes) or unlucky (Ince) with that, so it's a gamble.

5. I hope not. We'd be the bad guys then and Kean/Venky's would be the good guys. For now we have the moral high ground - for how much longer is unpredictable

Only one relevant to me:-

3. If by some miracle we do manage to get out of this mess by stringing a few results together, could you ever forgive Kean?

No. I mean this, he's a nasty piece of work.

No, he's slime. But I can't be bothered with personalities. It's results that count.

1. If we do actually go down and Kean stays, would you still renew your season ticket?

If I was a ST holder - NO

2. Why do you think that there is a running theme in the media that pundits are backing us to go down - but then the same ones insist Kean needs more time and the fans to be patient??

Because the media hates us, simple as, there has always been media bias against rovers, because of where the club is located.

NO - I would continue to support the team, but I wouldnt trust that wankstain as far as I could throw him.

Many have said MON, and to be frank, I would take most managers over Kean. There would need to be certain conditions written down, keep us keep your job. If we go down, it is up to you to take us straight back up. If the right deal was offered I would love Ancelotti (keen to return to premiership football and given our position I dont think it would be a problem if he started straight away. Otherwise I would take Hughes or Big Sam back. I think we missed out on Ranieri

5. Does anyone else have the sinking feeling that somewhere out there in Bburn there is some kind of Travis Bickle style character who will be driven to do something really stupid?

Well if someone is as stupid to assault and threaten one of our fans then of course!

I'd love to know what fellow supporters thoughts are on the following questions;

1. No, although this would be down to my current personal circumstances, Ive been to 2 games on my season ticket this year(Studying for a Law degree and working 3/4 days a week is pretty tough going), if this changes I will buy my ticket because these muppets will not force me away from the club.

2. Think some of the reporting has been ignorant, hypocrytical and downright shocking over the last year, it doesn't suprise me one bit though. I felt the accusations of the fans belittleing Rememberance Sunday particularly disgusting.

3. No he and the PR team are responsible for the devision of fans. Football should never get personal and there are things that in the course of watching football should never happen such as infighting and threats, division of fans has produced this. His comments I believe have fueled this, now it is seen that if you are a protester you are essentially a trouble maker yet the other side of the fence of those that don't protest or go against the club can do no wrong. The PR team should be working to encourage him not to make comments regarding the fans were they could be seen as divisive. I also strogly doubt I could ever forgive our chicken overlords

4. I wouldn't want to speculate but I suspect knowing Venky's it will either be a Mercenary or a complete unknown.

5. Vinjay

I think Benitez would put up with the owners and I believe still lives in the North West. Sven has proven he will manage anyone who asks. I'd be much happier with these two than Kean but Venkys have a lot of previous for not making logical decisions when it comes to our club.

Another question:

Are they sticking with Kean through pride and not wanting to lose face? If not, for what reason has he not been relieved of his duties?

Simple answer yes, the culture doesn't allow mistakes or weakness towards minions such as us fans. If no then its whatever conspiricy theory you choose to believe.

I will still go if we go down but as long as Kean is not at the club

My gut feeling is that they know that he is staying and also the fact that they dont like rovers to much. So no use trying to say he should go

I could never forgive him because of his outrageous comments on the fans instead of concentrating on making sure we got results

This is a hard one because if there is no correct structure set up it will put some managers off coming to us as they would not want to fly out to I dis ever month when chairman should mostly be doing this.

I would renew regardless of division. Kean remaining at the helm would make me furious and it would definitely put me off. Not enough to stop me going to Rovers though, he'd just win then.

I have given up trying to understand the motivations and the opinions of pundits. I don't think they give a monkeys about our club. This makes it so much more important that we continue to highlight our plight to those with a soft spot eg Henry Winter.

Absolutely not. He is risking everything for this club by staying in position as 'manager' when he is way out of his depth. He should put the club first, as every decent natured manager would. I find it very frustrating that he antagonises the supporters in the way he does, that would be bad enough. With the results as horrendous as they are, it just makes his tenure and actions unforgivable.

I would love Martin O'Neill to come in.

I hope not. But when you keep pushing 20,000+ people's emotions, eventually something is going to give. I worry someone will snap. I hope Venky's wake up, smell the coffee and SELL TO QATAR or at least get a chairman, chief exec and proven manager in.

Lee Clark. The likes of Hughes and O'Neill wouldn't go within a million miles of working with those idiots. Young, up and coming manager it would have to be.

Lee would be a great replacement, but who would really like to work for the Numpties in Pune?

They would have to seriously change their way of working!!

1. No chance. I am only still going this season because I am too mean to have paid and not go. Prospect of Burnley home and away would be a carrot but I don't think I could even face those games with him in charge.

2. Because all the football types rally round 1 of their own and they don't like us and never have. Contradictory but these aren't the sharpest tools in the box we are talking about here. No place for the likes of us and Wigan in the Premier League I'm afraid if there is anthing the powers that be can do about it.

3. Never

4. Hopefully Hughes or O'Neil. Doubt either would come at the moment. We should give Sk a temporary contract as a headhunter because he seems to be able to get the owners to believe anything he tells them so might have a similar effect on the new manager about coming to this shambles.

4. Think it might be me.

Archived