BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music Association Game

30 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

OJF - Agree with Pickett, but not the song. Personal choice, of course. 

America - A Horse With No Name 

I thought that song was Neil Young when I first heard it back in the day mate.

Prefab Sprout - Wild Horses

51 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

Are we giving up on the original rules? That’s 4x sugar and 4x sister in a row!!

Alan Price & Georgie Fame - Rosetta

In my post Rosetta was the carried forward word though (I realise there was also another 'sister' in there but that's by-the-by). Therefore yours is the rogue post Riversider28, too many rosettas 😉 

14 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

In my post Rosetta was the carried forward word though (I realise there was also another 'sister' in there but that's by-the-by). Therefore yours is the rogue post Riversider28, too many rosettas 😉 

But you can’t say that an over continuing word is “by-the-by” just because you want to fit in an “interesting story”. We can all forgive the odd mistake of using the same word three times, which we are all guilty of, but I think four times is a little excessive, don’t you agree? 

Perhaps I’m overreacting, but I love this thread and I want it to continue in as close to it’s original format as possible as it opens up opportunities for posters to dig deep and find songs/artists they might not have been familiar with previously.

Anyway, I’m going to cool down now(literally), as I’m off paddle boarding. Let’s hope the hail storms don’t return, see you all later.

37 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

But you can’t say that an over continuing word is “by-the-by” just because you want to fit in an “interesting story”. We can all forgive the odd mistake of using the same word three times, which we are all guilty of, but I think four times is a little excessive, don’t you agree? 

Perhaps I’m overreacting, but I love this thread and I want it to continue in as close to it’s original format as possible as it opens up opportunities for posters to dig deep and find songs/artists they might not have been familiar with previously.

Anyway, I’m going to cool down now(literally), as I’m off paddle boarding. Let’s hope the hail storms don’t return, see you all later.

That's a bit harsh mate not to mention contradictory and I must say not like you at all. The 'interesting story' was also incidental. Nowhere in the rules does it say that you can't repeat words more than twice, as long as there is a new word carried forward, which in this example there clearly is. Apart from the carried forward word, all the others don't have to be completely different words than the previous post, otherwise we would have reached many an impasse before now.

Unless I'm misinterpreting this (from the very first post on this thread) "the only rule is that the same word used can't be repeated" which I take to mean the word you have carried forward, rather than any word in the song/artist?

Its only a bit of fun. 👍

6 hours ago, Riversider28 said:

Alan Price & Georgie Fame - Rosetta

Irene Cara - Fame

getting back on track then

(and @oldjamfan1 said, this is a bit of fun.  While we can try to avoid repeating the same word(s) ad infinitum, it a link goes more than 3 every once in a while, the world isn't going to end...)

Edited by rebelzero
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rebelzero said:

Irene Cara - Fame

getting back on track then

(and @oldjamfan1 said, this is a bit of fun.  While we can try to avoid repeating the same word(s) ad infinitum, it a link goes more than 3 every once in a while, the world isn't going to end...)

Let’s see if rebelzero is correct and the world doesn’t end if someone dares to go with a fourth Irene. 

Irene Kral  - When I Look In Your Eyes