BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Hoilett

Mercer

D4E - Liverpool boards there ITK are confirming it :/

Not too bothered myself dont want to play for us dont want to repay the loyalty for bringing him through or getting a work permit etc.

Thats fine but dont let the door hit you on your way out Junior, a new contract with a release clause of say 10 mill in the summer would have done us ok we get to keep for 6 mths and still get a penny...

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we need him gone soon. so we can at least bring someone. I can imagine Hoilett being another Bentley. He clarly has wanted to go for a while, I just dont think he has enough to his game to be a starter at a bigger club at least not yet, but if he wants a pay rise to sit on a bench then thats up to him

we need him gone soon. so we can at least bring someone. I can imagine Hoilett being another Bentley. He clarly has wanted to go for a while, I just dont think he has enough to his game to be a starter at a bigger club at least not yet, but if he wants a pay rise to sit on a bench then thats up to him

Not as a good a footballer as Bentley , much quicker but that is all ...Bentley played well for us for 2 seasons ...Hoillett has a lot to prove ..

But you cannot blame him for wanting out !

Shown no real loyalty to the club before all the crap began, not really performed too well this season and won't sign a contract. I'd take what we can get however it won't get spent on players.. Lose/lose

He will in my opinion join a big list of players who went to bigger things and were never heard from again...

Hoilett doesn't seem to have much about him personality wise, i've never witnessed any kind of connection with the fans. Lacks passion, however is talented. No surprise him wanting out but he is replaceable imo. Also he's not good enough for Tottenham or Liverpool.

dont why people are laughing the bolton rumour off, this is a serious bid and the player could easily end up there, would be a sideways step but maybe it says as much about what he thinks of kean than whether coyle can attract these kind of players with his talk, ie sturridge and wilshire!!

dont why people are laughing the bolton rumour off, this is a serious bid and the player could easily end up there, would be a sideways step but maybe it says as much about what he thinks of kean than whether coyle can attract these kind of players with his talk, ie sturridge and wilshire!!

Agreed.

Who is it we want - Orr, Klebe, Fuller, Khazi. The next Goodwillie, Petro, Ribeiro etc.

We are a feckin joke, IMO.

Shown no real loyalty to the club before all the crap began, not really performed too well this season and won't sign a contract. I'd take what we can get however it won't get spent on players.. Lose/lose

He will in my opinion join a big list of players who went to bigger things and were never heard from again...

Agree about the loyalty thing (or lack of it) but I am not so certain he will fail if he moves on. IMO he is the best talent to come out of the youth team since Duff - and if he picks the right club he has the ability to be better than him. His major failing is his work rate - but a decent manager will be able to get that out of him.

It is such a shame - if Hoilett does move on and develop as I think he will - I will never forgive the Venky's for denying us at least another year of his undoubted talent.

Tranfser request was apparently rejected, the stuff about Hoilett Sr. being in Liverpool has been doing the rounds on twitter.

We need Spurs or Liverpool (ideally both) to enter the race really so there's at least the chance of a bidding war.

So, when dealing with a proper manager and a proper football club Mr Hoilett Snr gets off his arse and flies over here as quickly as he can, whereas when dealing with our muppets it's a case of "you know where I am, you can come to me if you want to discuss a new deal"?

If there is any truth in this it demonstrates the high esteem our joke of a manager must be held in in the Hoilett camp.

I think I'm in the minority here but I'll be gutted when Hoilett goes. He can make that ball stick to his toes like magic and is one of the few players wearing the blue and white halves to actually get excited about.

He's not been on form recently but that's a sign of the times at Rovers.

:(

Hoilet is a liability because he always loses possession and never tracks back but saying that he is a game changer and those are rare. Few years time he will be one of the best wingers in England. Someone said on here he is a poor mans SWP completely disagree he is already more of a finished article than SWP and has better end product that Lennon and walcott put together, Would be gutted if he left for Notlob.

If it wasn't for the form of Hoilett last season we would easily be in the championship now. Class player but no loyalty what so ever, just another Bentley.

Strange how often players who actually see out their contracts are referred to as disloyal :blink: .

You honestly think he's simply jumping ship because we are a mess or going down??

Sorry but he would have signed a 4 year contract 18 months ago if he wasnt money motivated, or at least if his dad wasnt!

True, he (or his dad) always had their eyes on the door - though he might have signed if we were top half and investing in the squad. That could have got another year or two out of him and also maybe have improved his discipline as morale would be better.

Anyhow. He really seems to be letting himself down as much as Rovers. If he kept his form up I am sure he would stand a chance of a better salary and a top club this window. As it is the case for Liverpool or Spurs signing him has rapidly decreased since Norwich.

As it stands Hoillet is a poor mans Aaron Lennon with a far worse final ball and cross

Hoillet is ten times better than Lennon and yes he is jumping ship what else could you describe it as?

Not that I blame him I would do the same, who in the right mind (apart from yak) would want to play for Kean and play for a club that is the laughing stock of not just England but the whole of europe

Guest Rovers4Good

Back page of the Telegraph says that Hoilett is willing to stay as long as he sees the club moving in the right direction!!!

BYE JUNIOR :lol:

Archived