BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ryan Nelsen

Mercer

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just heard about Nelson leaving us. Whatever folk think of Arry he is x100 better manager than Coco will ever be, and I trust Arry's judgement in buying Nelson over that of Coco selling him.

Thanks for the memoriesRyan, it is all we have left of our once great Club before Venkys wrought destruction upon us.

Thanks Ryan. Goodbye and good luck.

Nice little farewell on the club website - http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2595866,00.html

Rao family and Kean, you are yet again, a fecking disgrace.

Thanks for the service Ryan, the complete leader and professional.

The club captain leaves after giving 7 years splendid service and not a word of thanks from the club, Venky's or Kean. No class.

Nice little farewell on the club website - http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2595866,00.html

Rao family and Kean, you are yet again, a fecking disgrace.

Thanks for the service Ryan, the complete leader and professional.

A few paragraphs on the website, but no tribute from Kean. Says everything about why he left and also about the club's treatment of players at the minute.

And Kean wonders why we struggle to buy players - have a look in the mirror.

A few paragraphs on the website, but no tribute from Kean. Says everything about why he left and also about the club's treatment of players at the minute.

And Kean wonders why we struggle to buy players - have a look in the mirror.

They have updated the "story" now - only had a brief sentance earlier.

I am probably going OTT, however I always said I would attend a tribute match should Nelsen ever leave - many years of great service, the ultimate professional, and he seemed to genuinely care about the club. Nice change from your typical football player these days.

I thought it was wrong to give Nelsen a new contract last Jan., however, the treatment he has received is, IMO, absolutely diabolical. A fine, intelligent and loyal servant to the club. It is the likes of Nelsen who should be brought into coaching rather than Kean's buddies and mouthpieces (step forward Dunn).

What will Kean's excuse for losing now be - we all recall "how much we've missed Ryan Nelsen" after the 20 odd PL losses under Kean.

IMO, this typifies all that is wrong with our club. We are now an absolute joke.

Very sad to see Ryan leave and especially with the way he has been ushered out of the back door. I've had the honour to spend some time in Swam's company and he is a true gent. I for one will miss him being a Rovers player and can only hope that this is not the last we have seen of him as a Rovers representative. Players like Ryan only come along once in a blue moon and I feel that his influence at Ewood will be greatly missed. He seems a person with a strong desire to achieve and I can only hope this is fulfilled back here at Ewood where he belongs.

Lets not forget the way they treated Salgado also, a true legend of game, disgusting Venkys :angry2:

I don't care about how much playing time either has managed, form etc, you treat people with respect, and these bloody idiots wouldn’t know the meaning of the word, ******* :angry:

Let's hope that when the shysters have been forced out, Nelsen will be back as manager. He was the truest captain we've had for years. Thank you Admiral!

+1

To be quite honest Hughesy your views on players and Rovers have become so blinkered as to be worthless. If Redknapp thinks he's worth 6 months as Spurs chase the title I'm certain he'd be worth six months at Rovers as we battle to avoid relegation and possible oblivion. So what if he's off the wage bill - relegation will cost us £25m in the first season. So perhaps £500,000 for six months on Nelsen or £25m loss of revenue next season

Good financial planning? Eh?

+1

Lets not forget the way they treated Salgado also, a true legend of game, disgusting Venkys :angry2:

I don't care about how much playing time either has managed, form etc, you treat people with respect, and these bloody idiots wouldn’t know the meaning of the word, ******* :angry:

Salgado had the balls to speak out too - questioning Kean's press conference statement that he was injured.

Very sad to see Ryan go, I was really looking forward to him getting back in the team after his lengthy injury. Really top bloke - got to talk to him in the last two pre-season trips. A very proud Kiwi and very professional sportsman. Hate that he has gone to play for that weasel faced crook and I hate Venkys' with every fibre of my being in this Universe and every parallel Universe.

Can I first just say I'm gutted to see Nelsen go the way he has and I hope he returns in the future in some form, probably once these chancers are out of the door.

I am now though going to play devil's advocate and look for a reason that could justify the management ousting a well respected member of the squad and argue that they didn't really have much choice.

Nelsen has been out of the squad most of the season, and by this I mean not training with them. It has been rumoured that he has, and quite rightly so, been unhappy at the way the club is being run from the top to the manager.

If you are the management of this football club and you have somebody that could be a possible distraction to the squad for the rest of the season, when solidarity is required, then you would have to make sure that individual was not allowed back in. I am assuming here that the relationship between Nelsen and the management had broken down beyond repair and therefore no way to correct this.

The management have then done the only thing that can be done and elimnated the problem and for this decision, not what has gone on before hand, I think they have made the right call, for the good of the club.

I still want them out but feel a bit of perspetive is required, even though the hole they found themselves in was of their own doing.

They have proven to be very stubborn on Hoilett and Samba for instance, and it appears they have been here too, whether that is right or wrong though is very much debateable.

quote from gull

if you are the management of this football club and you have somebody that could be a possible distraction to the squad for the rest of the season, when solidarity is required, then you would have to make sure that individual was not allowed back in. I am assuming here that the relationship between Nelsen and the management had broken down beyond repair and therefore no way to correct this.

The management have then done the only thing that can be done and elimnated the problem and for this decision, not what has gone on before hand, I think they have made the right call, for the good of the club

so why didnt they get rid of samba then ?

He's been a good servant for the first few years but unavailable for massive portions of the last two. Sad to see his career tail off but great to see his £60k plus a week off the wage bill.

Was he missing for a massive part of last season.

From what I remember-and therefore could be incorrect-he continued playing till Phil Jones had recovered from his injury.

The argument about his missing so much of this season, at least up till yesterday, was that he had been rushed back for the Villa match and this had drastically set back his recovery.

Was he missing for a massive part of last season.

From what I remember-and therefore could be incorrect-he continued playing till Phil Jones had recovered from his injury.

The argument about his missing so much of this season, at least up till yesterday, was that he had been rushed back for the Villa match and this had drastically set back his recovery.

I've just had a look at his stats and he missed ten games - i thought it was a lot more than that tbh so I'll hold my hands up to that one :tu:

He's been a good servant for the first few years but unavailable for massive portions of the last two. Sad to see his career tail off but great to see his £60k plus a week off the wage bill.

His 60k (really???) a week wage bill gone and absolutely nothing to show for it, yeh i'm delighted to see him go <_<

Archived