BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

For those interested Chorley Little Theatre - yes, really - is getting more and more excellent comedians doing pre-tour stuff. We have tickets to see Jenny Eclair, Mark Steel, Tom Wrigglesworth, Mitch Benn, Mark Watson

• Backroom

For those interested Chorley Little Theatre - yes, really - is getting more and more excellent comedians doing pre-tour stuff. We have tickets to see Jenny Eclair, Mark Steel, Tom Wrigglesworth, Mitch Benn, Mark Watson

I consider Mark Watson a hidden gem. He comes across horribly on TV imo, but live he is simply hilarious.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great venue ( The Band On The Wall ), great musicians and a tremendous front woman. However The gig itself was ultimately disappointing for me. The band played all original numbers which most of the audience weren't familiar with. If you're a Soul band, for me doing all your own stuff is a musical version of trying to re-invent the wheel.

• Like 1

One of my favourite songs ever:

One of my favourite songs ever and shows.

"Pilot of the airwaves, here is my request, you don't have to play it, but I hope you do your best, I've been listening to your show on the radio and you sure seem like a friend to me."

------------

Sometimes, I hear a one hit wonder, in fairness she has a number of good song, and think, that person or band put out a song better than anything some big band did but they only had one big song like that.

Edited by Audax

One of my favourite songs ever:

One of my favourite songs ever and shows.

"Pilot of the airwaves, here is my request, you don't have to play it, but I hope you do your best, I've been listening to your show on the radio and you sure seem like a friend to me."

------------

Sometimes, I hear a one hit wonder, in fairness she has a number of good song, and think, that person or band put out a song better than anything some big band did but they only had one big song like that.

Good find I haven't heard that in a long while. She is also playing an Ovation Balladeer in blue if I'm not mistaken. I used to pine over that guitar in Reidys, I think it cost about £600 back then!

• Like 1

Good find I haven't heard that in a long while. She is also playing an Ovation Balladeer in blue if I'm not mistaken. I used to pine over that guitar in Reidys, I think it cost about £600 back then!

Thank you for the musical insight to this.

• Moderation Lead

Anyone going to Beatherder this year? Has to be the best festival for the last 5 years.

Yep, been every year since 2009, and wouldn't miss it for the world. 25 minutes away and just over £100-brilliant!

Stranglers last night for me and my son's. Great night as always.

They were superb,2 hours of pure entertainment.If anybody wants to see a band that knows how to deliver musical perfection,then they should see 'The Stranglers.As somebody who watches over 30 gigs a year these are right up there with the best of them.Wonderful stuff!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...