BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

Manchester has many fine music venues, I went to the Castlefield arena on Friday to watch Paul Heaton and Jackie Abbott, great venue - if the weather is good and it was a great show.

AC/DC last night at The Arch Stadium, that London. Absolutely different class. Well recommended. That boy Angus can't half play a bit, he'll go far that lad.

Agreed Bob. Superb evening for it, great atmosphere (especially when the sun started setting) and an electric performance.

Edited by Hasta

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club at the Albert Hall, Manchester. What a fantastic venue, a former Methodist hall, there's stained glass, moulded plaster and carved woodwork everywhere.

@#/? I had no idea brmc where playing in Manchester this week, do you know if tkts are still availale, easily one of my favourite and most listened to bands of recent times, I saw them play at the ritz in manc a few years ago, not the best venue but they where still excellent(and the female drummer they had at the time was pretty hmhm 'tallented/hubbahubba

im going to see modest mouse in manc tomorrow night, another great us indi/alt/rocknroll band

EDIT- sorry! I don't know where I got that 'they are playing Friday night' out of your post, Im proper loosing it(is this what getting old feels like, shudder) though Ill just put it down to wishful thinking :)

Edited by T J Hooker

AC/DC last night at The Arch Stadium, that London. Absolutely different class. Well recommended. That boy Angus can't half play a bit, he'll go far that lad.

Well jealous Bob. Was hoping to go but tickets sold out immediately and when I looked on ticket agencies a few months ago tickets were already 200 upwards. Wish I'd have gone for it even at that price now. Glad you enjoyed it.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to see Neil Diamond at Bloomfield road last Thursday, he was very good. Before the show people where invited to post on twitter with the #tweetcaroline and their tweets would appear on the big screen. Blackpool fans certainly took advantage with various anti-oyston tweets appearing with the #oystonout . On a more sour note a few anti-oyston/Diamond fans did not have a good evening,

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/what-s-on/pool-fans-in-diamond-gig-ejection-1-7376958

• 3 weeks later...

Leeds Uni. Seen them before at the MEN supporting Frank Turner, but they definitely work a lot better in a small venue Like the Uni Refectory.

Beans on Toast on the other hand doesn't suit being this kind of support. A tight 30 mins set means no chance to make it up as he goes along, ask for suggestions, get distracted mid song and forget what he's singing, relocate the entire audience to the car park, sing the same verse twice, sing the same song twice, guilt the promoter into giving the entire audience free shots, use a chair for a stage and fall of trying to dance etc. (all genuine things I've seen at his gigs by the way). He was almost slick, which is the last thing you either expect or want.

Well, it's been interchangeable used for the name of a drunk folk singer and a drunk folk singer with random assorted musician. Currently it's a drunk folk singer and a banjo/harmonica player.

He's really an acquired taste. Cross an Essex boy with a hippy, add some 6th form politics, copious amounts of recreational drugs and a real sense of humor. People hear folk and think either seasick steve or the Houghton weavers. Beans is more the Russell Brand meets the grumble weeds after a week long bender

• Like 1

Courteeners just announced 5 nights consecutively at the Apollo Manchester in December. (Tuesday 8th-Saturday 12th) Might have to get on one of the weekend ones!

Great venue, saw them a few years ago at the the Apollo and they rocked the place.

• Moderation Lead

Great venue, saw them a few years ago at the the Apollo and they rocked the place.

Been there to see The Specials and Ocean Colour Scene before, as we've mentioned before, they were class at KGH!

Hopefully this will be a repeat, as the Heaton Park gig was maybe a bit too gig for them I felt.

Edited by K-Hod

Hooky and The Light. Friday 25 Sept. Hull City Hall. Lowlife and Brotherhood. Plus a JD set as an opener.

Hull City v Blackburn Rovers. Saturday 26 Sept. Boothferry Park. Or similar.

Well, what can you do?

Good effort bob.