BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

• 4 weeks later...

RIP Lemmy. Shared a mosh pit with him about 10 years ago in a rock/metal club in Ipswich.

I find that very difficult to believe by the way, but there you go!

I'm going to miss Motorhead massively. Lemmy was a one off. An intelligent punk hippy hooligan - a down right good bloke who played fantastic rock n roll. Cause it was. Just heavier.

Most of all I'm going to miss the shear volume and majesty of the gigs. Nothing has ever come close. There's a massive hole there now unfortunately.

Although I do of course appreciate other music I should add, but alongside the Charlatans and New Order they were the band that has sound tracked my life the longest - or in Motorhead's case - the longest.

• Like 1

Not sure why you feel that way about the poster's claim Bob, but a mate of mine was queuing behind Lemmy at an ATM in London many years ago and got chatting to him. They ended up playing pool and drinking together for two hours in a pub across from the bank, and there are photos to prove it, so Lemmy clearly wasn't averse to slumming it.

..a mate of mine was queuing behind Lemmy at an ATM in London many years ago and got chatting to him. They ended up playing pool and drinking together for two hours in a pub across from the bank, and there are photos to prove it, so Lemmy clearly wasn't averse to slumming it.

^_^

• Like 1

Not sure why you feel that way about the poster's claim Bob, but a mate of mine was queuing behind Lemmy at an ATM in London many years ago and got chatting to him. They ended up playing pool and drinking together for two hours in a pub across from the bank, and there are photos to prove it, so Lemmy clearly wasn't averse to slumming it.

I wouldn't doubt that for a minute. I just found it a little strange that a 60 year old Lemmy would go in a mosh pit! Maybe he did!

• 1 month later...

I'm giving Kendal Calling (Festival) a whirl for the first time this summer, anyone been? Any good?

We went about 5yrs ago, great little festival getting bigger each year.

Heard reports in recent years of loads of kids on Ketamine which was spoiling things a bit, but I think the organizers have gotten a handle on that so I'm sure you'll have a great time, lineup is cracking also.

I'm giving Kendal Calling (Festival) a whirl for the first time this summer, anyone been? Any good?

Which festival to choose depends on your musical tastes. A mate of mine always went to Kendal Calling until the year Debbie Harry played - he said the line-up was poor that year. He also said the festival was better at its earlier sites before it got bigger and moved to its present site.

There's so many festivals to choose from theses days. Beatherder is one of the best small, non-sponsored festivals and usually features one or two of the bands that have been at Glastonbury.

Edited by MCMC1875

I'm going to miss Motorhead massively. Lemmy was a one off. An intelligent punk hippy hooligan - a down right good bloke who played fantastic rock n roll. Cause it was. Just heavier.

Most of all I'm going to miss the shear volume and majesty of the gigs. Nothing has ever come close. There's a massive hole there now unfortunately.

Although I do of course appreciate other music I should add, but alongside the Charlatans and New Order they were the band that has sound tracked my life the longest - or in Motorhead's case - the longest.

Saw Charlatans on Wednesday night, in good form, new album is growing on me. Ash tonight and Buzzcocks Wednesday , quite a busy schedule in Perth for a change

• Moderation Lead

Which festival to choose depends on your musical tastes. A mate of mine always went to Kendal Calling until the year Debbie Harry played - he said the line-up was poor that year. He also said the festival was better at its earlier sites before it got bigger and moved to its present site.

There's so many festivals to choose from theses days. Beatherder is one of the best small, non-sponsored festivals and usually features one or two of the bands that have been at Glastonbury.

Oh aye, I've been to Beat Herder 7 times now, so not bothering again! Fancied a change and Kendal seemed like the festival Beat Herder will likely become.

Always enjoyed myself at BH mind!!

Oh aye, I've been to Beat Herder 7 times now, so not bothering again! Fancied a change and Kendal seemed like the festival Beat Herder will likely become.

Always enjoyed myself at BH mind!!

Had some top weekends at BH, but it is becoming a victim of its own success. It's grown considerably since it started and while it's remained independent it's just to busy these days. Same with Glastonbury its a terrible festival now, simply too big to really enjoy the acts and getting around Edited by BlueMonday