BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

Same with Glastonbury its a terrible festival now, simply too big to really enjoy the acts and getting around

It is if you just spend your time moving between the main stages. But that's not really what Glastonbury is about for large numbers of people, including me. I've been to last 9 Glastonburys and I doubt I have seen more than 10 headliners in total or more than 3/4 acts per year on the Pyramid stage. the really interesting stuff is on the smaller stages all round the site.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/news/tribe-called-quests-phife-dawg-has-died-aged-45-according-to-rep/- I guess by my avatar it's no secret that I'm a big fan of ATCQ's music, in fact I'd go so far as to say that hip-hop really doesn't get much better than them as far as I'm concerned. Gutted that I never got to see them live, but then the same goes for Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Gangstarr and many others so I can't be too glum! RIP Phife Dawg.

Edited by K-Hod

He means Donington I think. Download is what spotty kids call it. Anyway it's a load of sh*** these days, crap bands, crap fans, and the odd fat old man.

No, he means Download.

http://downloadfestival.co.uk/lineup-poster

I wouldn't exactly called Iron Maiden, Sabbath, Megadeth, Saxon, Disturbed, Rammstein, etc. crap.

• Like 1

No, he means Download.

I wouldn't exactly called Iron Maiden, Sabbath, Megadeth, Saxon, Disturbed, Rammstein, etc. crap.

Indeed. I've never been, but I looked at the line-up just to see what it's like and I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it would be a bunch of "emo metal" bands I've never heard of.

Just goes to show that 'guitar music' never dies. But when bands that were 'big in the 90's' are still headlining festivals (and I certainly don't just mean Download) 20 years later, it does beg the question - Where are all the decent "new" bands? Are there any?

Did anybody go to Lammack Live beer and music festival?

when i first heard the name i thought it was in reference to steve lamack ha

No, he means Download.

I absolutely would, So I guess my musical tastes differ from yours so its a matter of opinion really.

Edited by T J Hooker

Last train back to Blackburn on a Sunday is before 10pm :wacko: (and the bus is 6:45pm) so no post-Lancashire derby gig this weekend.

Just when did the public transport become THAT lame?

The last train on Saturdays is only 11pm, or at least it used to be. Been stranded in Manchester loads of times after gigs and usually end up having to stay over or shell out £50 on a taxi!

Edit : just realised I answered that post assuming you were coming back from Manchester and it doesn't actually say that :wacko: . But the point stands, public transport sucks!

Edited by BlueMonday

The last train on Saturdays is only 11pm, or at least it used to be. Been stranded in Manchester loads of times after gigs and usually end up having to stay over or shell out £50 on a taxi!

dn

Edit : just realised I answered that post assuming you were coming back from Manchester and it doesn't actually say that :wacko: . But the point 't mndstands, public transport sucks!

I meant coming back.

I didn't mind so much getting stranded on a bank holiday weekend a while back as there were loads of clubs open until 4am. But even Manchester nightlife is pretty grim on any normal Sunday.

Just can't afford a night of accommodation (+ transport, gig ticket, food and beer). Something has got to give.... may as well save some pennies and see if Download is a viable option this year (only 10 weeks to go).

I was at that festival in 2006!

They set fire to the bogs and wrecked a burger stand. I mean the vandals... Not the police!

If anyone has time, please check out my bands new promo/teaser for our upcoming album.

• Like 1

What is it with all these cover versions on adverts? They're all slowed down and quieter crap. It's like Eva Cassidy has returned. John Lewis, some yoghurt ad and Premier Inns are examples of what I mean.

I was saying exactly this to my wife a few weeks ago. Think John Lewis got the ball rolling and everyone seems to have followed suit.

• Moderation Lead

Axl Rose now confirmed as ACDC guest singer for the remainder of the Rock or Bust tour.

FFS

Is that 3 of the original line up down now? At what point does it cease to be AC/DC? Time they gave it up now...