BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

Some of Coldplays early stuff was great, but they're very uninspiring I agree.

But I've heard that the live shows are something of an event, great fun by all accounts with audience participation of some sort.

Never been myself though.

They seem like nice guys and that, but their music is so bland it's offensive to me. Even Take That have done better stuff. If only Faith No More could sell out Wembley stadium.

And that was the first major gig they did in 18 years.

I remember my friends at work were at Download the year they did that gig I posted a clip of. Everyone expected it to be a one off............so my friends watched Motley Crue instead. I could have slapped them at the time for watching that cheesy 80's hair rock rubbish instead of FNM. Thankfully Faith No More have properly reformed.

I think my hatred of Coldplay comes from when I worked in a warehouse, and the radio they had on played Trouble, the then new single every half hour.

Edited by Norbert Rassragr

• Moderation Lead

Roses damn good on sat. Met folks from Sweden, Dublin, Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Newcastle, Leeds, Notts, Leics, Derby, London, Bristol, Brum. Hope its not another 27 years.

I enjoyed myself Wednesday as well. The atmosphere was so good, great to finally get to see them.

Woa whoa crue are the greatest American band ever

Not even nearly the best band to come from L.A. ! As for Ozzy being God, I think you'll find that's Lemmy.

As for The Roses, I kind of didn't want to go. Saw them twice, first time at Preston Guild Hall Foyer. Unbelievable. An epithany. I was into all manner of Metal until that point, including Motley Crue and Bon Jovi. If all changed after that. 5 foot from Squire in a small venue. I knew none of the songs before hand. I am the Resurrection, the very essence of everything that's brilliant about music. The next time was at the famous Empress Ballroom gig, the one that became a video. Again what a night, more of an event than a gig, with people going mad to the likes of Sympathy for the Devil long before the band came on. Era defining stuff. And I haven't seen them since! On purpose. Beautiful Thing is great.

So it's New Order 2 weeks tomorrow at Castlefield Bowl. Which'll be great.

James playing Out to Get You on BBC4 from Glastonbury as I type. What a great song. Not heard it in years!

Not even nearly the best band to come from L.A. ! As for Ozzy being God, I think you'll find that's Lemmy.

As for The Roses, I kind of didn't want to go. Saw them twice, first time at Preston Guild Hall Foyer. Unbelievable. An epithany. I was into all manner of Metal until that point, including Motley Crue and Bon Jovi. If all changed after that. 5 foot from Squire in a small venue. I knew none of the songs before hand. I am the Resurrection, the very essence of everything that's brilliant about music. The next time was at the famous Empress Ballroom gig, the one that became a video. Again what a night, more of an event than a gig, with people going mad to the likes of Sympathy for the Devil long before the band came on. Era defining stuff. And I haven't seen them since! On purpose. Beautiful Thing is great.

So it's New Order 2 weeks tomorrow at Castlefield Bowl. Which'll be great.

James playing Out to Get You on BBC4 from Glastonbury as I type. What a great song. Not heard it in years!

Agreed on Lemmy bob. Life seems a bit emptier without him and Phil Taylor.

Re The Roses, I didn't go to Heaton Park (2012?), got told the sound was crap and the crowd drowned out the band. On Saturday the sound was crystal clear and the set was excellent but it wasn't just about the Etihad, every bar in the city seemed to be full of fans singing along to Roses music. We went in Walkabout (Printworks), Corbieres (recommended to me on here ages ago, best kept secret in the city centre - I challenge you all to try it) and Dry Bar, which was mental. Before the gig, The Corner Shop pub near The Etihad, I'll never forget the 86 year old local Audrey singin' along with her hands in the air. Great stuff.

Edited by MCMC1875
  • Like 1

I love the Stone Roses music, and I went to Spike Island-It was an event I will never forget-As was the guy who had hooves for feet.

But I cannot be doing with them as a `Concept` now, and never felt like going to any of the new gigs. The only one I would have loved to have gone to was the warm up one in Warrington.

Here you go MCMCetc...

Quality!

Your welcome Mick!. :rolleyes:

Thanks Ozz! Bin goin ever since! Can't rem how long fer? Owd age!

I love the Stone Roses music, and I went to Spike Island-It was an event I will never forget-As was the guy who had hooves for feet.

But I cannot be doing with them as a `Concept` now, and never felt like going to any of the new gigs. The only one I would have loved to have gone to was the warm up one in Warrington. Not

You and bob would've enjoyed the city centre. It were like a family knees up. Nothing like a 'concept' feel. Just a huge party of several like minded generations getting together.

Edited by MCMC1875

I have spent the weekend having to watch the festival on the TV rather than being there for the first time since 2004. Whilst I enjoyed much of what I saw most of what is interesting and fun about the festival is what happens away from the stages the BBC show and it's that that I have missed. Both my sons are there and speaking to one of them last night he has seen nothing on any of the main stages at all apart from about 15 minutes of ELO in passing yesterday, but he's had his usual excellent time.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched New Order at Glasto on the TV and they looked really good. Will have to try and catch them if they tour next year.

They're at the Castlefield Bowl on Saturday. I'm heading up to it. Plenty of tickets kicking around on the New Order Facebook page at face value :)

• Moderation Lead

They're at the Castlefield Bowl on Saturday. I'm heading up to it. Plenty of tickets kicking around on the New Order Facebook page at face value :)

Rather selfishly, my sister is having a do for her 30th so I won't be able to go to the gig :-(