BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

Just got back from The Deer Hunter and Anthony Green. Wow what an amazing show.

I'm in your neck of the woods just now, for Iron Maiden at the Pru Centre in Newark on Monday night - supported by Alice Cooper. Really looking forward to both, here for Maiden but can't complain about the support act.

When I came through immigration at EWR airport the other night the officer gave me some grief cos I'd slept all the way over so hadn't filled in a customs form, so I got sent to the back of the line to complete the form.

When he called me back he said "purpose of visit?" .... I said "Iron Maiden Monday night". He just looked at me and asked "you seen Alice Cooper before son?" ... "no"... he slammed the admission stamp down on my passport, handed it back and just said "Welcome to My Nightmare". Class!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_My_Nightmare

I'm in your neck of the woods just now, for Iron Maiden at the Pru Centre in Newark on Monday night - supported by Alice Cooper. Really looking forward to both, here for Maiden but can't complain about the support act.

When I came through immigration at EWR airport the other night the officer gave me some grief cos I'd slept all the way over so hadn't filled in a customs form, so I got sent to the back of the line to complete the form.

When he called me back he said "purpose of visit?" .... I said "Iron Maiden Monday night". He just looked at me and asked "you seen Alice Cooper before son?" ... "no"... he slammed the admission stamp down on my passport, handed it back and just said "Welcome to My Nightmare". Class!

http://en.wikipedia....to_My_Nightmare

That's my favorite CD of his! Very jealous as I've never seen him live. Old crue is more my style when it comes to them, anything after Dr Feelgood is just meh though Generation Swine had a few okay songs on it. The Rock (as the prudential center is known) is a really great venue. Sorry for the oppressive heat we've been having. If you see this sometime before you gig and have any questions or anything at all feel free to shoot me a PM. Enjoy the visit!

Well The Stones Roses certainly lived up to the hype, ok Ian Brown can't hold a tune to save his life, but with Squire, Mani and Reni being him he couldn't fall could he....

Half way through, the gig it turned into a rave in the area where we were stood (left of the stage as you looked) middle aged men and women dancing to some of the best tunes for the era, absolute quality evening it turned out to be, glad we went.

Just a quick word on the beer situation, complete shambles, debs went to the bar just before Primal scream came on and missed the entire set, got hurt in the process, but was determined to come back with a beer for her troubles, shambles.

Was it your idea to send Debs to the bar or hers?

We had a similar shambles at the bar. Missed the end of the wailers and most of primal scream queening for a beer, by the time I got to about 3 rows away the crush was so bad, the only way out was over the bar .... and you can imagine how then ended up!

Still 2hrs later, it was all forgotten having seen probably the most enjoyable live performance ever

.... And how can anyone complain about Browns singing, could anyone hear him over the crowd?

Loved the Roses on Saturday! Agree with the beer situation - we didnt even bother queing after about 4 o clock!

Off to see the Levellers on Wednesday night at Anderton Boat Lift in Nantwich?! Odd venue. Then T in the Park early doors friday morning.

Tired isnt the word.