BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRgRYZwdcTM&feature=related

A fascinating 40 odd minutes of the develpoment of one of my fav Stones tracks. Bit tedious for a while (Brian Jones doing the best part of nowt) but skip to 29.00 to see it really get going. The woo woos are magic. Wish I`d have been there.

WAS one of my fav Stones tracks, thats 40 mins of my life I'll never get back :blink::mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

Kendal Calling tomorrow. See you in the fields!

Saw you in the fields, briefly!

Great festival, made even better by the 20ft high Rovers flag flying high above our tent with Georges cross and KEAN OUT painted on it, which gained much support from passers by.

See you in the fields next year, minus the Kean out banner I hope......

Top weekend (it's taken me a full week to recover).

Shed 7 were excellent, James great but the set list was a little self-indulgent, Feeder and Maximo Park was as good as I expected (I still maintain My Velocity sounds like a Carter USM cover). Carpets were a little nostalgic but kinda lacked a little magic. Also the Hotpots were on top form and it was great seeing people's reactions to hearing them the first time although one of the most surreal moments was being in Chai Wallahs watching 90s dub/reggae band DreadZone, with Bernard from the Hotpots throwing shapes on a table next to me!

Really glad I opted for Utah Saint's DJ set over Dizzee as it was mental! Likewise DJ Yoda and the Trans Siberian March band were equal parts of genius and insanity. Stu WIlky introduced me to Beans on Toast who is brilliant and I stumbled across Mundo Jazz who is beautifully silly (and band who can pull off Latino jazz songs about Quincy ME gets my vote).Saw some great comedy too, Mik Artistik is worth checking out as is Colin Manford (Jason's 'lil brother).

A few vids from Kendal

Mundo Jazz (not a KC)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cz5XHAyv3g

Good grief. :lol:.

Do you think they'd let Hooky play with them?

Probably not, he'd fall out with the other members and go out on his own on a unknown pleasures ukulele tour :)

Another good New Order cover, went to see these in Fremantle a few month ago excellent night , worth checking out for unusual covers of Punk / post punk songs.

Always been a Smiths fan but what a silly old poof. Doesn't even live here anymore.

Oh, and Motorhead tickets bought.

We'll meet up AS, long overdue.

Ode to BRFC.

NO CLASS

Your perfect smile,

Betrays your lack of style,

No Class, No Class

Ah No Class, No Class

Too late, you can't catch up now,

You face the wrong way anyhow,

I know you ain't got the brain,

To come in out of the rain,

Too bad, no magic,

I'm afraid you're merely tragic,

No Class, baby No Class

No Class, ah No Class

We'll meet up AS, long overdue.

Ode to BRFC.

NO CLASS

Your perfect smile,

Betrays your lack of style,

No Class, No Class

Ah No Class, No Class

Too late, you can't catch up now,

You face the wrong way anyhow,

I know you ain't got the brain,

To come in out of the rain,

Too bad, no magic,

I'm afraid you're merely tragic,

No Class, baby No Class

No Class, ah No Class

Another town another place,

Steven Kean Damage Case,

Another team, another race,

I'm watching crap, feeling bad,

Another night, I'm going mad,

My team’s depressing, I feel sad,

Long time since we were in the lead,

Another beer is what I need,

Sure Desai is smoking weed,

We’re Bolton Road Crew

Another game and we’re behind,

The referee is fecking blind,

Kean is breathy’d, banned and fined,

Another presser just for you,

Think that he’s been sniffing glue,

Here we go Division two,

The club I love has turned to Cack,

Taking me to Hell and back,

Shebby must be smoking Crack,

We’re Bolton Road Crew

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.cavernclub.org/beatles-festival-2012

Beatles week starts in Liverpool this week.Recommend sunday and BH monday for all kinds of non beatle trubute stuff (Guitar heros stage etc)if thats hat you prefer.. Its set on half adozen stages in and around the Cavern Mathew street area.. all free except for a cheapday pass they have for the Cavern

http://www.mathewstreetfestival.org/

Saw Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds on Monday night. Excellent, save for the fact he played for an hour (as part of larger bill, though he was clearly the main draw). I'd have been ###### off I'd paid. Watched it from the balcony of my mate's apartment overlooking the stage.

• 1 month later...

When I'm not listening to Pandora.com(Jazz and Blues), I'm onto upchucky.com for a fix of 60's Rock and Roll with a bit of Dylan thrown in.

Just bought Dylans new album, Tempest, fantastic Dave if you've not had a listen already.

Got tickets to see Jack White at the Empress Ballroom, The Civil Wars at the Apollo and Orbital at 53 Degrees - looking forward to them all!

Great new album by The XX out now too, just a shame that they've not yet announced any gigs in the North-West yet.

Seeing a bunch of great acts (including some of my musical heroes) in Sydney over the next few months:

Radiohead (twice)

Harvest festival with Beck, Sigur Ros and Grizzly Bear

Primal Scream

Tame Impala

Spiritualized (at the Opera House)

Laneway Festival with Yeasayer, Bat for Lashes, Alt J, Japandroids, Jessie Ware etc

My Bloody Valentine

Future Music Festival with Prodigy, The Stone Roses, Bloc Party etc

Also picked up Glastonbury tickets for the summer which I'll be flying back for.

Edited by SydneyRover

So anyone even thinking of paying out between £106 - £406 to see the Stones? Gobsmacked when I saw that.

Saw the Led Zep film last night. Excellent. Jimmy Page seemed to be having more fun with a guitar than should be legal.