BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

Springsteen

Hampden Park June 18th 2013

Rome July 11th 2013

Excited just thinking about it.............................

Agreed Paul, we'll be going to one of them, the city of Manchester stadium gig in the summer was the best gig I've ever been to.

Thinking of Belfast, its a weekend and never been to the city, I expect it to be a bit like burnley was on Sunday :rolleyes:

Thinking of Belfast, its a weekend and never been to the city, I expect it to be a bit like burnley was on Sunday :rolleyes:

Cheeky. I live in Belfast and having never visited Burnley I can't comment on its attractions. Belfast though is a great city with a nightlife that stands up against the rest of the UK. Warm, friendly people and great pubs - I think you'll enjoy it.

Yep, me too. Off to Band Of Skulls tonight, then Orbital on Friday too....

I saw Orbital a couple of weeks ago in the Ulster Hall. Absolutely cracking night, they played 'Belfast' three times and seemed to really enjoy the atmosphere. One of my favourite dance acts, had given up hope of seeing them play live when they split a few years back. Phil (or Paul) Hartnoll played a great classics set at a club after as well. Interestingly they didn't play many old songs, seemed to be making beats up on the fly.

Cheeky. I live in Belfast and having never visited Burnley I can't comment on its attractions. Belfast though is a great city with a nightlife that stands up against the rest of the UK. Warm, friendly people and great pubs - I think you'll enjoy it.

costs a bomb though :lol:

I saw Orbital a couple of weeks ago in the Ulster Hall. Absolutely cracking night, they played 'Belfast' three times and seemed to really enjoy the atmosphere. One of my favourite dance acts, had given up hope of seeing them play live when they split a few years back. Phil (or Paul) Hartnoll played a great classics set at a club after as well. Interestingly they didn't play many old songs, seemed to be making beats up on the fly.

Orbital were top notch on Sat at WHP. Seen them numerous times and they never disapoint. They always manage to throw an unusual twist into the set. Playing 53 Degrees in Preston this weekend.

Agreed Paul, we'll be going to one of them, the city of Manchester stadium gig in the summer was the best gig I've ever been to.

Best I've seen was Hampden Park about three years ago. We got right up to the barriers and were so close we didn't need to watch the big screens. Left completely exhausted and soaked!!

Just got 7 for the Ricoh Stadium. Website kept crashing and I got thrown out twice when I'd reached the point of submitting the credit card details. Excited is a not the word.

WHP? Warehouse Project?

What's it like since it changed venue?

I was at the Warehouse Project about 4 years ago, it was a big underground carpark. Not sure if it has changed since then but it was class! Aphex Twin and Luke Vibert. Not that I can remember a hell of a lot....

I was at the Warehouse Project about 4 years ago, it was a big underground carpark. Not sure if it has changed since then but it was class! Aphex Twin and Luke Vibert. Not that I can remember a hell of a lot....

Yeah went to it there a few times, also saw a few things (including The Fall) when it was at the old Boddington's brewery.

It's moved to somewhere near Trafford now I think.

• 2 weeks later...

I need to sort that in new year. Was ridiculously close at the Manchester Arena. Stage was amazing too

Best I've seen was Hampden Park about three years ago. We got right up to the barriers and were so close we didn't need to watch the big screens. Left completely exhausted and soaked!!

Just got 7 for the Ricoh Stadium. Website kept crashing and I got thrown out twice when I'd reached the point of submitting the credit card details. Excited is a not the word.

We decided to give it a miss, not sure why really as the gig in the summer was the best I've ever been too!

Already regretting the decision....

One of my favourite albums of the year is by The Staves-Dead and Born and Grown. The opening track demonstrates the vocal ability of the three girls, seen below on a short clip from Later... recently. Musically supreme.

Don't play this on a mobile, wait till you get home!

• 1 month later...

Saw the legendary Steve Cropper tonight at The Grand, Clitheroe. Time is Tight, In the Midnight Hour, Green Onions, Knock on Wood, Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay, Soul Man. Amazing...... guess these people just love to play, it can't be for money, 250 folk in Clitheroe!

Probably many of you don't know Sigur Rós but they are one of my favourite bands ever.

And on the 13th of February, my birthday, I will get to see them live again (the other concert I saw of them was one of the best concerts I ever saw).

It will be in Oporto's Coliseum, great venue and quite intimite.

Too make it even better, the band (or one of their people) offered me 2 tickets for the concert.

I wrote to them to try to know if they were going to sell more tickets since it was reported they had sold out.

They answered back, offered 2 tickets and put my name on their guest list. Best birthday present ever!!

Guest Norbert

"Just got 7 for the Ricoh Stadium. Website kept crashing and I got thrown out twice when I'd reached the point of submitting the credit card details. Excited is a not the word."

Paul, it is a good thing it's not at Highfield Road, as you'd probably be propositioned by some ladies of the night when you leave the stadium. Any questions about the metropolis of Coventry, just ask me, as I went to uni here, and live here.

Edited by Norbert