BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

Baxenden's been famous for years. Have you never had an " Hollands " pie ?

Not many songs written about Hollands meat pies, although I do recall a regular in the Longside away section when we played Burnley that had plenty of songs about Hollands meat pies.

Frank Turner tomorrow night. Have to admit I didn't see the appeal at first, but the last 6 month or so he's really grown on me.

Seems like after missing most of their set when they supported the Roses, I'm not on for a summer of Primal Scream (Kendal Calling, Bingley Music Live and the 5 Live Big Day out).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got four tickets to see Bob Dylan at Blackpool Opera House!!!!! Excited is not the word. A tiny venue so should be a very intimate atmosphere. Cannot wait for this one. Absolutely amazed I got tickets.

Springsteen next Thursday, Dylan in six months time. What a year

Elvis Costello tonight. Such a huge back catalogue so he did a wheel of fortune song selector. Bit flat in the middle but then a roaring sequence of Chelsea, Radio Radio, Pump it Up, Peace Love and Understanding etc. I left at the end with my lady friend before the disgraceful Tramp the dirt down

Took my little love to watch dirty dancing at the palace last night, it was awful . Made up for it later at Hard Rock Cafe , they had a band on and they were very good . They even had a beer and a chat with us as well after.

Just got four tickets to see Bob Dylan at Blackpool Opera House!!!!! Excited is not the word. A tiny venue so should be a very intimate atmosphere. Cannot wait for this one. Absolutely amazed I got tickets.

Springsteen next Thursday, Dylan in six months time. What a year

Well jell!

Id love to see dylan live and his latest album was really good(the lennon song is great and theres even a 10+ minute song telling of the sinking of the titanic!), hes still a great song writer even if his voice is on its last legs.

Edited by T.J.Newton

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great day on Sunday at Jodrell Bank seeing Johnny Marr and New Order. Fab venue for a gig, great atmosphere and really well organised - of course helped by the superb weather!

Johnny Marr's solo stuff really isn't doing it for me although the Smiths songs he played went down a storm. New Order were as ever excellent, and the light show and projections onto the Lovell telescope were amazingly good. Will definitely look to see who's on there next year - think they've had Elbow, Weller and The Flaming Lips in the past?

Aussie Pink Floyd have played a couple of gigs at Jodrell Bank recently too. Sure they're coming back next year again.

They're good,but not as good as 'Brit Floyd' who are playing at the excellent Bridgewater Hall in Manchester around October.They will definitely give you the goosebumps!

Elvis Costello tonight. Such a huge back catalogue so he did a wheel of fortune song selector. Bit flat in the middle but then a roaring sequence of Chelsea, Radio Radio, Pump it Up, Peace Love and Understanding etc. I left at the end with my lady friend before the disgraceful Tramp the dirt down

You probably missed the best song & the best sing-a-long. :D

• Moderation Lead

Saw Jurassic 5 in Leeds on Tuesday night- heck of a show! At the 02 Academy (formerly Creation Nightclub from my uni days), nice venue- got stung for parking though- £11 for 4 hours. Should probably have done my research....

Guest Norbert

Maybe it is Junior Hoilett moonlighting for a bit of extra cash, because he thinks his wages at QPR is not enough. And he probably has a bit of spare time on his hands most weekends.

• 2 weeks later...