BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree, I think Yakubu has been great the past couple of games even without the goals. His hold up play has been brilliant and he moves the ball on well, also his strength is ridiculous defenders struggle with it constantly!

I disagree, I think Yakubu has been great the past couple of games even without the goals. His hold up play has been brilliant and he moves the ball on well, also his strength is ridiculous defenders struggle with it constantly!

Prepare yourself...

I am certain we will see some upsets from here till end of season. I can see QPR, even Wolves and Wigan picking up 1-2 shock results.

For me personally, the next two games are crucial. 6 points and we are virtually safe. 4 points especially if 3 comes vs Bolton and its a big step towards safety. Less than 3 points and its a blow. I know people are talking about NOT being beaten by our rivals but we have some tough games coming up so beating our rivals such as Wolves last week will be key in surviving. Can't be passive about it.

I am certain we will see some upsets from here till end of season. I can see QPR, even Wolves and Wigan picking up 1-2 shock results.

For me personally, the next two games are crucial. 6 points and we are virtually safe. 4 points especially if 3 comes vs Bolton and its a big step towards safety. Less than 3 points and its a blow. I know people are talking about NOT being beaten by our rivals but we have some tough games coming up so beating our rivals such as Wolves last week will be key in surviving. Can't be passive about it.

QPR will have to, if they only picked up points from matches that look winable they might as well pack up and go home now.

Wigan totally out-played WBA and only got one point today. We got a bit lucky with that one.

Neither Wigan nor QPR having much luck - happens to those teams destined for the drop.

Per the original post, Wigan's next few matches:

Liverpool (Away), Stoke (Home), Chelsea (Away), Manchester United (Home), Arsenal (Away), Fulham (Away), Newcastle (Home), Rovers (Away), Wolves (Home)

And sitting at 22 points, an obviously bleak outlook.

Was going to say yesterday that Boltons run in looked the best of the lot down there, but after yesterdays events how much of an adverse effect is that going to play on them from now until the end of the season.

Was going to say yesterday that Boltons run in looked the best of the lot down there, but after yesterdays events how much of an adverse effect is that going to play on them from now until the end of the season.

Could work the other way.

• Backroom

We could do with united doing us a favour today but you never know this season

As for Bolon, whilst Muamba is led fighting for his life I don't want to even speculate on the effect it may have on them

At the moment it is almost an impossible task to gauge how we will fare, firstly we have been appallingly inconsistent of late, better than just being appalling I suppose, but nevertheless a concern. Secondly we have no depth in our squad, because the ones who are any good have been frozen out and the ones available are poor, so any injuries and we are in the poo. Whilst we have our own destiny in our hands I can't help feeling Coco will balls it up.

We could do with united doing us a favour today but you never know this season

As for Bolon, whilst Muamba is led fighting for his life I don't want to even speculate on the effect it may have on them

United will beat Wolves, Wolves are dreadful, as for Bolton I think Muamba will unite them and give them a common purpose.

Bolton match versus Villa on Tuesday postponed.

Would think it's highly unlikely that our match at Bolton next Saturday will go ahead, and rightly so. These are sad times and no matter how Fabrice fares over the next few days, the Bolton camp will no doubt be traumatised by the events of yesterday. It will take a little time for them to recover and they should be given all the time they require - football is irrelevant.

Bruce will reject the job after Morgan wrong claims! Bruce didn't sound happy at Talksport this week when ask about Wolves job

Wolves will try and get a replacement in for Connor but don't think there will be many takers. Nobody wanted it four games ago so who would want it now. I'd be very surprised if bruce took it. Would have to be a desperate dan, someone like megson.

Archived