BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 2011/12: The Final Countdown

Guest Wen Y Hu

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct, it's over. Song on the PA tomorrow - The Valentinos " It's all over now " followed by Barry Maguire's "The Eve of Destruction ".

Eh! Thats a topic of it's own right there! Tomorrow's song on the PA.

Oasis - Slide Away / Fade Out

Steve Keanatra - I Did It Sly Way

Eh! Thats a topic of it's own right there! Tomorrow's song on the PA.

Oasis - Slide Away / Fade Out

Steve Keanatra - I Did It Sly Way

The chicken song.

Bit of a weird feeling at the moment - even though many of us knew relegation was likely under these clowns it is still going to be very bitter/upsetting when it finally happens.

This could be the last time ever, in our lives, we see our club in the top league :(

Bit of a weird feeling at the moment - even though many of us knew relegation was likely under these clowns it is still going to be very bitter/upsetting when it finally happens.

This could be the last time ever, in our lives, we see our club in the top league :(

In 1966 I thought we'd be back straight away. Took us 30 years.

At the end of the day, we are down... nothing makes me think we will beat Chelsea at Stamford bridge on the last day.

Is that even relevent? We could win both games but still for the other result to go our way is extremely unlikely.

All over.

• Backroom

I noticed on Sky they were no longer talking as if we had any chance. We weren't even being mentioned when they were talking about the effect of QPR's result, it was only about what impact it has on Wigan and Bolton.

They are stupid all of them. Theyve been arse lickin kean for months......they just know how unprofessional theyve been. Wannkers

They're evil. most of them work for the Angel of Death.

• Backroom

That's because we haven't any chance. They're not stupid.

Oh aye? Their constant praise of our Keano over the season has made them look rather stupid in my book.

Forever and ever

We'll follow our team

The blackburn rovers

We are supreme

We all hate venkys

Along with kean

Those lying barstewards

Destroyed our team

Kean out venkys out

Bit late Hughesy! :D :D

At the end of the day, we are down... nothing makes me think we will beat Chelsea at Stamford bridge on the last day.

We need to win both last games with a margin of 6 goals (as it stands now) and hope that neither Wigan nor QPR pick up another point.

QPr v City gives us hope but Wigan v Wolves?----------it won't happen! We are down.

We need to win both last games with a margin of 6 goals (as it stands now) and hope that neither Wigan nor QPR pick up another point.

QPr v City gives us hope but Wigan v Wolves?----------it won't happen! We are down.

I'd be looking at Stoke v Bolton rather than Wigan v Wolves. If Bolton draw and QPR lose and we win both games then we could stay up via goal difference. That's the most likely scenario if we are to stay up. It's actually realistic, but still unlikely to happen. We need to beat Wigan by 2 goals to give us a decent chance.

It's a moot point but you're wrong, purely because teams around us have to lose (and therefore pick up a negative GD) to gives us any chance. Forget QPR, we won't catch them. Now it's about beating Wigan by two clear goals and hoping Wigan and Bolton both lose and we beat Chelsea.

Two many variables outside of our control though, and I don't think we will beat Wigan. If we "play" like we did against Spurs, it could be embarrassing.

It's a moot point but you're wrong, purely because teams around us have to lose (and therefore pick up a negative GD) to gives us any chance. Forget QPR, we won't catch them. Now it's about beating Wigan by two clear goals and hoping Wigan and Bolton both lose and we beat Chelsea.

Two many variables outside of our control though, and I don't think we will beat Wigan. If we "play" like we did against Spurs, it could be embarrassing.

For us to stay up Bolton must go down, I'm assuming they do. We can in theory overtake both QPR and Wigan but again I'm assuming Bolton is our best bet, then we need to catch one of the other two.

QPR could be smashed by a rampant City surely?

I agree its moot though! :(

For us to stay up Bolton must go down, I'm assuming they do. We can in theory overtake both QPR and Wigan but again I'm assuming Bolton is our best bet, then we need to catch one of the other two.

QPR could be smashed by a rampant City surely?

I agree its moot though! :(

I don't think we'll beat Wigan.

We'll stand off them, surrender midfield as we have done all season. They will stroll to a win.

Oh aye? Their constant praise of our Keano over the season has made them look rather stupid in my book.

I mean't not stupid in the sense that they can do the maths just as we can. We've gone.

I don't think we'll beat Wigan.

We'll stand off them, surrender midfield as we have done all season. They will stroll to a win.

Me too I'm afraid. People forget that over the last half dozen games Wigan have been in top six form.

OK. To summarise, for Rovers to stay up we need to beat Wigan and Chelsea increasing the goal difference probably by at least 4 in the process. We then need to hope Bolton fail to win and either Wigan or QPR get beat on the final day of the season (QPR losing by 2 goals or more). We also need the sun, earth, moon and mars to all align during the next 7 days and require the walls of the Sistine Chapel to start bleeding during the last 90 minutes of the season.

Honest, it's not over yet. Keep the faith. mad.gif

Archived