BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Songs/chants for Bolton away

Braddock instead of empty, pointless words, why don't you get off your arse at games and start one yourself? I love it how so many people are like walking song machines on internet message boards but clam up in the stands, presumably due to the potential embarassment of nobody joining in. Although you manage to reach another level by not only refusing to do it yourself, but by criticising other fans for refusing to do it for you.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Braddock instead of empty, pointless words, why don't you get off your arse at games and start one yourself? I love it how so many people are like walking song machines on internet message boards but clam up in the stands, presumably due to the potential embarassment of nobody joining in. Although you manage to reach another level by not only refusing to do it yourself, but by criticising other fans for refusing to do it for you.

Thinking up chants isn't my thing. I've made my suggestions in a thread where people have an interest in doing such things. Why is this so bad?

Just making suggestions isn't bad but it is pointless. Starting a new chant at Rovers is a stressful experience because most fans are pretty rubbish these days and are reluctant to sing. And they are 10 times more reluctant if they don't already know the song. So to start a new one you have to belt it out for at least 30 seconds before everyone gets the words and gives it a go. Try standing there singing on your own or with 2 or 3 of you for about half a minute with 100-200 people turning round and staring at you. Personally if I'm gonna do it I do it for songs I wanna sing and that I think will work, not ones someone who's never bothered trying it themselves has posted on the internet. And I think you can apply that rule to pretty much all the few brave souls who bother to create an atmopshere at Rovers.

But you don't just make suggestions do you? You constantly criticise and mock the songs Rovers fans sing. Well like I said, grow some balls and do it yourself if you find them that unworthy of your approval. Once you stop being a kid there's 2 ways to get something done in life, pay someone to do it for you or do it yourself. Nobody at Rovers is paid to sing Braddock-approved songs.

Just making suggestions isn't bad but it is pointless. Starting a new chant at Rovers is a stressful experience because most fans are pretty rubbish these days and are reluctant to sing. And they are 10 times more reluctant if they don't already know the song. So to start a new one you have to belt it out for at least 30 seconds before everyone gets the words and gives it a go. Try standing there singing on your own or with 2 or 3 of you for about half a minute with 100-200 people turning round and staring at you. Personally if I'm gonna do it I do it for songs I wanna sing and that I think will work, not ones someone who's never bothered trying it themselves has posted on the internet. And I think you can apply that rule to pretty much all the few brave souls who bother to create an atmopshere at Rovers.

But you don't just make suggestions do you? You constantly criticise and mock the songs Rovers fans sing. Well like I said, grow some balls and do it yourself if you find them that unworthy of your approval. Once you stop being a kid there's 2 ways to get something done in life, pay someone to do it for you or do it yourself. Nobody at Rovers is paid to sing Braddock-approved songs.

I don't think it's pointless. We have a supposed singing section. If they were were to hear people requesting songs for particular players then I'm sure they've got enough time on their hands and love for the club to get a few songs going. They have found the time to do other things after all. I don't expect people to start a song on their own, which is why I'm surprised people are having a go at me for not starting up songs on my own either.

New songs have to come from somewhere.

Just be aware that my mates (Wanderers fans) have started winding me up with.... to the tune of 'oh w@nky w'nky.... they sink 'oh Venky Venky, Venky Venky Venky Venky Rovers'!!

That could catch a few rovers fan of guard on the day so we need to counter it.

"Small team in Horwich

Your just a small team in Horwich"

"Team full of Dingles"

No doubt we will hear the old

"Owen Coyles still a cu…."

I don't think it's pointless. We have a supposed singing section. If they were were to hear people requesting songs for particular players then I'm sure they've got enough time on their hands and love for the club to get a few songs going. They have found the time to do other things after all. I don't expect people to start a song on their own, which is why I'm surprised people are having a go at me for not starting up songs on my own either.

New songs have to come from somewhere.

You seem to have a bit of a weird idea of how the "singing section" actually works. We're not some 500-strong hive mind who can just collectively decide to do things. To the best of my knowledge there's the group who originally set it up and did the facebook group, flag etc (all seem to be their 20-30s and probably have as much/less time on their hands as you), a big group of teenagers who go away games together, various other groups who joined on in the first season and whats now the the majority who've streamed over from other areas of the ground more recently.

Each group tends to start different songs and ignore/join in with the other groups depending on how they feel. Also the more people move over there, the more there are of those who just stand in the section but don't join in with anything. So starting a new song there is pretty much the same as everywhere else, bit of effort, bit of embarassment, and about 20% chance of success. But as I keep saying, by all means come over and have a few cracks each game if you think we're doing a bad job. Nothing worse than a backseat driver.

You seem to have a bit of a weird idea of how the "singing section" actually works. We're not some 500-strong hive mind who can just collectively decide to do things. To the best of my knowledge there's the group who originally set it up and did the facebook group, flag etc (all seem to be their 20-30s and probably have as much/less time on their hands as you), a big group of teenagers who go away games together, various other groups who joined on in the first season and whats now the the majority who've streamed over from other areas of the ground more recently.

Each group tends to start different songs and ignore/join in with the other groups depending on how they feel. Also the more people move over there, the more there are of those who just stand in the section but don't join in with anything. So starting a new song there is pretty much the same as everywhere else, bit of effort, bit of embarassment, and about 20% chance of success. But as I keep saying, by all means come over and have a few cracks each game if you think we're doing a bad job. Nothing worse than a backseat driver.

I know of about 8 who go together and think of songs. I've suggested it to them to think up some pro player songs.

If anybody on here sees this and thinks it's a good idea, and they go to the Rovers in a large group then it may lead to a few songs.

I don't see why you have so much against me suggesting such a thing.

Other teams have songs for plenty of players, like Utd, and with the amount our fans like to say how passionate and amazing they are I just figured they could take time out of their anti-Kean song devising to try and lift the lads. It's clearly not impossible to start a new song and many begin with planning beforehand, and if there are places where this could take place, then here is one of them. What am I suggesting that is angering you so much as to be so negative in the idea of a few new songs being sung? I'm not expecting key changes etc.

That could catch a few rovers fan of guard on the day so we need to counter it.

"Small team in Horwich

Your just a small team in Horwich"

"Team full of Dingles"

No doubt we will hear the old

"Owen Coyles still a cu…."

Yes, they hate the location of the ground, they are very touchy about being in Greater Manchester and not in Lancashire. So, Lancashire la la la is a good one, or small town in Manchester would get their backs up.

They don't like the groung being called the breezeblock stadium as they are very proud of it.

They pretend they don't mind the old 'oh w@nky w@nky' song, but they hate it being sung at them.

• Backroom

Please stay on topic.

Enoughs enough please tone it down a bit, it's not your duty to respond to every point on the messageboard

Enoughs enough please tone it down a bit, it's not your duty to respond to every point on the messageboard

So somebody posts something off topic, I point out its off topic and you say that? Brilliant. Well done.

Is there anything in the posting guidelines to say he can't though?

To be fair to Braddock; he's made the messageboard a lot more bearable recently.

I think mainly because his posts dont include the same old poo that's been wrote again and again. "Venkys out! Coco out! Kean is a horrible scum bag because I for one have never told a lie in my life. Relegation is certain. The end is nigh. If you don't agree you're a Rovers Fan" etc etc

I thought messageboard were suppose to be about difference of opinions?

• Backroom

Is there anything in the posting guidelines to say he can't though?

To be fair to Braddock; he's made the messageboard a lot more bearable recently.

I think mainly because his posts dont include the same old poo that's been wrote again and again. "Venkys out! Coco out! Kean is a horrible scum bag because I for one have never told a lie in my life. Relegation is certain. The end is nigh. If you don't agree you're a Rovers Fan" etc etc

I thought messageboard were suppose to be about difference of opinions?

For me any opinion is welcome, but nigh on 100 posts in a day is extreme

To the tune of mrs Robinson (Simon and Garfunkel?)

And here's to Yaku-u-u -ubu

Rovers loves you more than you will knoooow,

Uh-oh-oh

God bless your goals Yak-u-u-bu

Ewood holds a place for those who score

Whoa-whoa!

To the tune of mrs Robinson (Simon and Garfunkel?)

And here's to Yaku-u-u -ubu

Rovers loves you more than you will knoooow,

Uh-oh-oh

God bless your goals Yak-u-u-bu

Ewood holds a place for those who score

Whoa-whoa!

Love it. Stick a 'you' before Yakubu in the first line - scans better.

Theres a bald bloke in the Darwen End that often sings

Mauro, Mauro Formica,

Our Argentine wont you score a goal for me.

To the "Heartbeat" themetune. Nobody ever joins in but me, I quite like the song personally.

We sing a similar song here in Melbourne:

Michael

Michael Marrone

Runs down the wing fa me.

Da da da da da

Da da da da da

Da da da da da

Da da da da da

Etc

Sitting in the Jack Walker stand for the West Brom game, must say the song/chant 'come on make some noise' 'Rovers make some noise' or words to that affect, when and it went on, and on, sounded really good from where I was sitting that day.

Ten to fifteen minutes of continual chanting of this song/chant from the vast majority of the Rovers crowd at the Reebok would be mighty impressive i'd have thought.

Go for it you Rovers ! :rover:

Archived