BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fabrice Muamba

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No medical knowledge whatsoever but I think the time between any attack and proper medical treatment is crucial to recovery by avoiding the brain being starved of oxygen. In this case Muamba was treated very quickly and by trained medics. Lets hope that is the case here.

Indeed it is,I haven`t seen the incident but I would presume the medical team would have assessed the situation very quickly and gone straight into CPR in which case not only is the survival rate very high,but also lessens the chances of brain damage.After a few minutes the brain cells start to die so it is vital to start chest compressions as soon as possible in order to maintain oxygen flow to the brain.

Lets hope he pulls through ok.

Thankfully medical staff were on hand to treat Fabrice straight away but i`m pretty sure there are lots of people on here who wouldn`t know what to do if they came face to face with a similar situation whilst just walking down the street.If anybody doesn`t know what to do but would like to learn a basic lifesaving course then I highly recommend doing a `heartstart` course.The link below will tell you where the nearest training centres are and best of all is the course is free and only lasts a couple of hours.Anybody can do it,my daughter did the course with me when she was 9 so it is very easy to do and personally I think it should be compulsory to learn at high school.

Heartstart

Poor lad, doesnt look good at all for Fabrice Muamba with the tone of the communication thats coming out regarding his condition.

One communication stated that his heart had stopped four times, now that cant be good at all. Just hope against all the odds that he pulls through tonight.

Let's hope its a good thing - doubt he would tweet it if it was a bad thing. Shocking thing to happen puts a lot of things regarding football into perspective. Makes me wonder at this moment if the things ive been worrying about Rovers are that important.

Not caring about it right now Im going sunderland (first match for a while) to cheer on the boys.

My long time girlfriends family are hardcore Bolton supporters and they are shocked by what they saw. I really hope he pulls through as close to full health as possible for the sake of him and his family I have had a similer incident recently in my family and they didnt pull through and the effect on the family is tragic.

My thoughts are with him and his family.

COME ON MUAMBA LAD!!

Tragic. A player with a bright future, both on and off the field, and it will be terrible if he dies or is mentally debilitated for the rest of his life. Hope he pulls through for his sake and that of his family and friends.

Truly awful news and must have been horrible for all to witness. If this was something lurking and was likely to happen to him regardless, thankfully it happened where instant support and the best follow up treatment was right on the doorstep. Hope he pulls through and can make the most of his life afterwards.

Archived