BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fabrice Muamba

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FFS, the club must be traumatised.

IMO, football should be off their agenda for the next two weeks.

Totally agree. It would be unforgivable if Bolton were relegated due to results in games played in the aftermath of this event. Sport is secondary to everything else at the moment.

I really hope he pulls through, but the lack of news is very worrying.

You'd think that the PL have a set amount of postponements so close together limit... Add that to how close to the end of the season will there be enough weeks to fit the games in?

It's only a game !

Unbelievable - under exceptional circumstances, you flex accordingly.

It's only a game !

My view also. Football is secondary. Bolton should be given what time they need.

I do not recall after other bad situations, if matches were postponed.

It's only a game !

It isn't only a game, it is a billion pound industry. As tragic as Patrice Muamba's situation is, life goes on, I know because I have been in his position.

And whilst I agree that sport isn't the be all and end all, the bean counters at the PL will be looking at the bottom line and how it affects the conclusion of the season, even events as tragic as Heysel and Hillsborough failed to stop the machine marching on.

It isn't only a game, it is a billion pound industry. As tragic as Patrice Muamba's situation is, life goes on, I know because I have been in his position.

And whilst I agree that sport isn't the be all and end all, the bean counters at the PL will be looking at the bottom line and how it affects the conclusion of the season, even events as tragic as Heysel and Hillsborough failed to stop the machine marching on.

Theses are the kind of posts that don't really need saying. And if people insist, they should at least give it a few days.

Well as it is a billion pound industry - they can afford to wait.

Totally their decision, but I can't see Bolton wanting a fixture pile up by postponing more games. They have the Spurs and Villa games to reorganise already, plus if they beat Spurs another Saturday game to re-arrange. I think the news from the hospital in the next couple of days will be the trigger.

Just really hope for some good news for the guy too.

I start off on the premise that every single one of us hopes and prays that Muamba pulls through and makes a full recovery.

Having said that, I don't believe our fixture with Bolton should go ahead. I think emotions and passions arising out of the incident would come to the fore

and it would be impossible to play the game under "normal conditions". This is unfair to both.

• Backroom

I get a sense of dread in my stomach every time I see this thread updated, let's hope for some positive news tomorrow.

Nice touch by real Madrid players to wear shirts in support of muamba and Abidal tonight before their game

Nice touch by real Madrid players to wear shirts in support of muamba and Abidal tonight before their game

Very - superb touch, especially as its in another country.

Wolves also had it on their sponsor boards in todays game.

Just passing through and read this thread and your sentiment towards Fab has to be applauded, football rivalry takes a back seat at times like this but I've no doubt Saturday's game will go ahead as planned. I'm sure it'll be an emotional game for lots of reasons but it would be great for the whole ground to join in a tribute to Fab @ 41 mins, just singing his name from then until half time would send a remarkable message of football uniting behind the Muamba family and wishing him god's speed.

Cheers ST

Just passing through and read this thread and your sentiment towards Fab has to be applauded, football rivalry takes a back seat at times like this but I've no doubt Saturday's game will go ahead as planned. I'm sure it'll be an emotional game for lots of reasons but it would be great for the whole ground to join in a tribute to Fab @ 41 mins, just singing his name from then until half time would send a remarkable message of football uniting behind the Muamba family and wishing him god's speed.

Cheers ST

+1 from me

Funny, could have sworn there were posts here a bit ago that are not now. I did not see any form of posting guideline for this thread, maybe I imagined posting and reading. Did I offend someone, was not my intent. Was there a problem with my post? I don't see it now. Knowing if there was a problem would be a good, and perhaps educational thing or does the swath of the mods blades run wide these days. I would really like to know since if I have offended I would like the opportunity to apologize.

Speedy recovery to Fabrice.

To repeat what I just posted in another thread.

I really appreciate all the good wishes posted on this site concerning the tragic events at White Hart Lane on Saturday evening. I know that you all want Fabrice Muamba to pull through.

It is a football family and you guys and gals are a class act.

We can renew the internet football rivalry at a later date.

There is nothing to add beyond hoping and praying the lad pulls through and is fully OK afterwards.

Everyone surrounding the incident- the doctors, paramedics, the other players, the managers, Howard Webb and the officials, the broadcasters and the crowd did everything they did with professionalism and dignity.

This piece by Alan Hansen explains what precautions PL clubs are required to take and sets the Rovers game on Saturday into context.

There is nothing to add beyond hoping and praying the lad pulls through and is fully OK afterwards.

Everyone surrounding the incident- the doctors, paramedics, the other players, the managers, Howard Webb and the officials, the broadcasters and the crowd did everything they did with professionalism and dignity.

This piece by Alan Hansen explains what precautions PL clubs are required to take and sets the Rovers game on Saturday into context.

Have already flagged - there should be no football on their agenda for the next two weeks.

Unfortunately, if you have experienced anything similar to this then sometimes it is not as difficult to understand the 'rawness' and pyschological factors involved.

I think it's a decision that should be made by Bolton. I don't think a timeline should be put on it where they have to have no football for two weeks. Saying that they should have to stop playing for two weeks could be as counterproductive as saying they aren't allowed to postpone any games.

Archived