BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton vs Rovers

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lowe could play right instead of formica.. or in the middle. ped and junior will play.

he almost always subs formica anyway.

Lowe can't cross for sheet.

Formica does a hell of a lot of defensive work and has been great cover for the right back. Hope he stays there, particularly for away games.

Formica does a hell of a lot of defensive work and has been great cover for the right back. Hope he stays there, particularly for away games.

Agree there.

No justification for moving Formica, Lowe or Pedersen; it would only unsettle the team. Orr was bought as backup and should remain just that.

Agree there.

No justification for moving Formica, Lowe or Pedersen; it would only unsettle the team. Orr was bought as backup and should remain just that.

Agreed. Same team for me. It worked away against wolves so there's no reason to change it for another poor team. Away against a better team and you'd then look at different options.

I hope the QPR victory has spurred them on to go and win this. Win and we're as good as safe.

Looking forward to my first trip to Bolton tomorrow. Would be happy for the same 11 from Tuesday to start, Hoillet and the Olssons have been very impressive in recent matches.

On a side note: Does anybody know where I could get myself one of those half Rovers/Celtic scrafs from the UEFA cup match in 2002? I had one but lost it and am desperate to replace it, or if someone still has theres and is willing to sell it then i would happily pay £20 for it.

Cheers

COYB

Agree there.

I'd drop Pedersen if only I could talk the local Co-op into letting me have that mannikin out of their shop window. Failing that I'd go for Lowe and Nzonzi in midfield, I'm expecting a battle. Why take a knife to a gun fight ?

• Backroom

People slag pedersen off but fortunate as it may seem we have scored two as a result of his long throws in two games.

Not exactly playing bad overall either. I like Formica but he can only last 70 minutes or so.

I cant see anything but a home win in the circumstances but if we were to get anything I think it would be Dunn that gets us there off the bench, the kind of game where he can come into his own

I must be in the minority as I still don't think Formica offers enough to the team. I'd be tempted to swap him over with Orr on the right, who would provide the defensive cover and a decent cross. MGP has being doing well in CM. he's not the most mobile but he is calm I possession and works well in tandem with NZonzi.

Pedersen does a good job in there despite what everyone seems to think. He moves the ball quickly, 1, 2 touch and plays it simple, keeping things ticking over. N'zonzi for all his plaudits takes too long on the ball slowing play down taking too many touches and living dangerously at times. Ped's is also our best set piece taker in the current 11 and so dropping him would be the act of a fool.

Well played the last few Ped's we wouldn't have won them without you.

• Backroom

I feel the same about Nzonzi he often dwells too long but gets away with it due to his ridiculously long legs, one thing about Pedersen that winds me up is his affinity for volleying it forward whenever presented with a chance, loves a volley that bloke.

We need to be ruthless tomorrow. The football world will be on the side of Bolton. No doubt they'll get more than their fair share of dodgy decisions from the ref.

A win pretty much buries them. I hope Kean and Black get that point across to the players at 2:50pm tomorrow.

Pedersen does a good job in there despite what everyone seems to think. He moves the ball quickly, 1, 2 touch and plays it simple, keeping things ticking over. N'zonzi for all his plaudits takes too long on the ball slowing play down taking too many touches and living dangerously at times. Ped's is also our best set piece taker in the current 11 and so dropping him would be the act of a fool.

Well played the last few Ped's we wouldn't have won them without you.

Yeah he moves it forward quickly alright, it's like the ball was a hand grenade with the pin out. There's a time for moving it quickly and there's a time to wait until play gives you a passing opportunity. Pedersen can only play one way. Boom it's gone. I'm a fool so I'd drop him tomorrow.

Yeah he moves it forward quickly alright, it's like the ball was a hand grenade with the pin out. There's a time for moving it quickly and there's a time to wait until play gives you a passing opportunity. Pedersen can only play one way. Boom it's gone. I'm a fool so I'd drop him tomorrow.

All Pedersen does is play it quickly into the channels, irregardless of whether anyone is there or not.

Dropping Formica would be utter rubbish. Am i the only one who thinks he has been one of our best players in the last two games? Does the job of a right winger perefectly:- Always covering, Up and down, Whips in some nice crosses, can have a go at a defender, gives 100%. What more do you need?

On to tomorrow, Head says we should win comfortably. But i think a resurgence from Bolton and their fans for Muamba may spoil our party. However, score early and heads will drop. Come on Kean & Rovers. Now's the time to show what you've got!

formica can have very long spells as an utter passenger, but there really is'nt an alternitive in the squad other than going ultra defensive and playing orr.

New olssen does'nt seem as bad as feared when he signed quite like those 2 on the left, 2 upfront pick themselves, givet unfit then the rest of the defence picks itself and it then comes down to the problem we have had for years and the major reason beyond the manager that we have pi$$ poor posession every match our enter midfield options are dire.

That said i stupidly think we might win an away match tomorrow as the bolton defence is the stuff andy carrol must dream of and klasnic who is shocking is the only player i'd worry about. 2-0 bolton then.

I'd drop Pedersen if only I could talk the local Co-op into letting me have that mannikin out of their shop window. Failing that I'd go for Lowe and Nzonzi in midfield, I'm expecting a battle. Why take a knife to a gun fight ?

Hoilett and Pedersen were our 2 best players against Sunderland. I can't help thinking that he's become the new Wilcox for some fans.

A different issue------centre-back. I note that Givet is "doubtful" with a hamstring problem. I wonder if he's actually on the way out?

However, whether he is or not, that leaves us with only 2 centre-backs. If one or other is injured or sent off, what are our chances then for the rest of the season?

Absolute folly to release Nelsen and not replace him.

Hoilett and Pedersen were our 2 best players against Sunderland. I can't help thinking that he's become the new Wilcox for some fans.

A different issue------centre-back. I note that Givet is "doubtful" with a hamstring problem. I wonder if he's actually on the way out?

However, whether he is or not, that leaves us with only 2 centre-backs. If one or other is injured or sent off, what are our chances then for the rest of the season?

Absolute folly to release Nelsen and not replace him.

Think again, he's not as good ( or bad depending on your point of view ) as Wilcox.

Bolton looked really fragile against QPR. Had the 'goal' that was about a foot over the line stood I reckon they would have gone under.

A good team would exploit Bolton's brittle confidence but I dont think Rovers have it in them to impose themselves even on the flakiest of opposition.

Hoitlett could be a huge player. I'm a bit of a critic and feel that his recent very welcome goals paper over a number of cracks. However, if he's at it tomorrow with his trickery 'in the hole' or by running at full backs out wide Bolton would be a bag of nerves.

Hoitlett could be a huge player. I'm a bit of a critic and feel that his recent very welcome goals paper over a number of cracks. However, if he's at it tomorrow with his trickery 'in the hole' or by running at full backs out wide Bolton would be a bag of nerves.

I'd agree with that. It wasn't long ago that some didn't care whether he left at the end of the season or not. Now he's flavour of the month again.

I'd agree with that. It wasn't long ago that some didn't care whether he left at the end of the season or not. Now he's flavour of the month again.

Well, as I said, I think his goals hide a number of deficiencies but nervous defences would not relish coping with a Hoilett type who is on his game.

If he's on his game tomorrow I reckon we'll win.

• Backroom

Regarding the Formica discussion a bit earlier...

Formica's not really a right winger but he makes the effort and every so often produces something decent. Kind of like a less involved Brett Emerton. He'll do for now but if we want the best out of Formica he'll need to start playing in the middle at some point. He's got enough in him to do the job if he's given an extended run there IMO.

Thing with Hoilett is I think it's all about his attitude. We all know he's got the talent, but some games he just doesn't seem arsed. And when he's like that he's no use to us. He's easily our best player, we need him to act like it all the time. Not sure how what we'll do next season without him.

Archived