BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton vs Rovers

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bolton crowd will be really up for this one, due to whats happened in the last week.

Two ways to approach this game:

1) Attack from the off, get an early goal and let the mental fatigue take over.

2) Attack from the off, get an early goal and let the mental fatigue take over.

If we get that vital first goal I believe it will be a very good day for our Goal Difference.

Failure to do that and it will be a very tight, scrappy game that will be decided by a mistake.

• Moderation Lead

If Hoilett turns up, we'll smash them IMO. Much of it depends on his performance, he's a superb footballer.

Must admit it did make me laugh in the preview when the Bolton fans were saying 'expect a bid from us in the summer'.

Too funny for words.

I liked Nelsen but didn't really care when he left to be honest. The guy's hardly featured for us so is hardly a big miss and, IMO, his best years were behind him even before Hughes left us.

You're missing a bit out--a very important bit! I said it was absolute folly to release Nelsen "and not replace him""!

We can agree to disagree about Nelsen's value to the side but can we agree that it was absolutely stupid (not a strong enough word really) to go into the second half of the season with only 3 centre-backs in the squad?

Unless Coco is lying again like he did about Nelsen, we only have 2 fit centre-backs.

You're missing a bit out--a very important bit! I said it was absolute folly to release Nelsen "and not replace him""!

We can agree to disagree about Nelsen's value to the side but can we agree that it was absolutely stupid (not a strong enough word really) to go into the second half of the season with only 3 centre-backs in the squad?

Unless Coco is lying again like he did about Nelsen, we only have 2 fit centre-backs.

We sold Nelsen before we sold Samba. We had 4 cb's when Nelly left. Selling either of Samba/Nelsen wasn't that hard to understand, its the selling of both that may give us problems.

If we play like we have done in the last two games we should be capable of getting something today. A draw would be a good result , a win would be fantastic. Just looking through their possible team in the paper they don't look too great, in fact looking at the team in the paper they seem to have better players on the bench. That's a sign of not knowing what your best team is. At least we've got a settled team in spite of it in my opinion not being our best team. We'll need to keep a grip on their two wingers but the way they play should allow us a bit of joy in midfield, let's hope we make the most of it.

Come on Rovers.

We sold Nelsen before we sold Samba. We had 4 cb's when Nelly left. Selling either of Samba/Nelsen wasn't that hard to understand, its the selling of both that may give us problems.

Plenty of people commented on that at the time, given the fact that Givet's playing status was also a bit shakey letting both of them leave was extremly foolish.

Well, as I said, I think his goals hide a number of deficiencies but nervous defences would not relish coping with a Hoilett type who is on his game.

I don't think it's only the goals hiding the deficiencies, but also his "new" position.

When he's playing "in the hole" him not tracking back is not as crucial as when he's on the wing. Wingers need to constantly track back due to overlapping full backs and the risk of getting 2-on-1's. Playing behind the striker that is not an issue.

Also playing as a winger the poor decisions he sometimes makes would lead to a counter-attack from the opposition winger and full back. That is not such a risk when playing in the middle of the park.

We clearly need to field an unchanged team. We score a lot more than Bolton, are currently tight at the back (never expected to be able to say that), play well away from home and are currently in a bit of form. Can't see anything other than a win. 2-1 is my best guess. :rover:

So we relied on keeping Samba? Says it all really.

Setting off in half an hour, I think it will be a cagey match but Coyle will fire them up and they will come out all guns blazing, best way to win will be to weather the early storm and hit them on the counter with pace, if we can let them do all the leg work and survive the first half we may well get a result today.

Fingers crossed and COYB :rover:

Gutted I can't go to this, with the weather and all it will be a perfect away day out.

Could be a fiery affair too with both teams and sets of fans up for it, let's hope the same team turns out as the last two games then we should be alright.

COME ON YOU BLUES!

Don't know if it's been mentioned already but there's a photo on the back of today's Mirror of a Rovers shirt with the message: "No rivalry today, we're all Bolton fans! Our thoughts and prayers to Muamba. Love John, Andrea, Chloe and Reece X. One Game, One Family"

Nice sentiment but I'm not sure I agree with the first sentence!!

Archived