BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys, Kean, Stability and Progress?

venkys

still remain silent after all these months, no communication whatsoever, all they are interested in is advertising their own product, selling off players and sidelining good proffesionals like salgado, the sooner they are out the better

kean

not changed my opinion on him, a couple of wins does not a season make, he has done far more damage than good, if any, he is loathed by fans because of the things he has said and done off the pich and most people still want him out which says it all, rovers have played better in the last few weeks, fair enough but he got us into this mess and i believe the players are getting us out of it in spite of him not because of him

the fans

given alot of unfair abuse from every angle of the media, other fans etc despite always giving %100 support to the players on the pitch, people who have no idea what is really going on calling us a disgrace and we, as the fans, have shown far more dignity than the likes of kean or venkys will ever show!!!

+1

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

venkys

still remain silent after all these months, no communication whatsoever, all they are interested in is advertising their own product, selling off players and sidelining good proffesionals like salgado, the sooner they are out the better

kean

not changed my opinion on him, a couple of wins does not a season make, he has done far more damage than good, if any, he is loathed by fans because of the things he has said and done off the pich and most people still want him out which says it all, rovers have played better in the last few weeks, fair enough but he got us into this mess and i believe the players are getting us out of it in spite of him not because of him

the fans

given alot of unfair abuse from every angle of the media, other fans etc despite always giving %100 support to the players on the pitch, people who have no idea what is really going on calling us a disgrace and we, as the fans, have shown far more dignity than the likes of kean or venkys will ever show!!!

Spot on pal.

Kean found wanting in the football knowledge stakes once again normal service resumed !!

It was ridiculously premature for so many of our own supporters to get carried away and think that Kean had turned the corner. He'll never make a Premier League boss no matter how long he's given at the helm. Have we learned nothing in the 14 gruelling months that he's been here? He cannot organize or drill a team. Today was just another in a long line of abject performances since he darkened our door. 'Cringeworthy' doesn't begin to cover it.

• Backroom

It was ridiculously premature for so many of our own supporters to get carried away and think that Kean had turned the corner. He'll never make a Premier League boss no matter how long he's given at the helm. Have we learned nothing in the 14 gruelling months that he's been here? He cannot organize or drill a team. Today was just another in a long line of abject performances since he darkened our door. 'Cringeworthy' doesn't begin to cover it.

To be fair I was pleasantly surprised by the new poll - was expecting far more of a swing, similar to after the first Arsenal match.

17 points from 12 games is hardly premature though is it?

About a third of the season, results have clearly got better this season around christmas and funnily enough after the last time we played Bolton, I feel it will happen again.

17 points from 12 games is hardly premature though is it?

About a third of the season, results have clearly got better this season around christmas and funnily enough after the last time we played Bolton, I feel it will happen again.

Form is temporary. Class is permanent

And our manager has none of the latter.

Form is temporary. Class is permanent

And our manager has none of the latter.

But it is decent form, it's not like a couple of games of improvement, it's 12 games. Probably the reason why people are beginning to see signs of the team moving forward- because they have been.

We win- its not Kean its the team.

We lose- its not the team it's Kean.

Would I change Kean for the likes of Bruce or Curbs etc? That would be a resounding no.

He's shown no attributes whatsoever to suggest that he's capable of managing a Premier League side well.

28 points from 30 games this season is so poor, it'd be laughable if it wasn't happening at my club.

But it is decent form, it's not like a couple of games of improvement, it's 12 games. Probably the reason why people are beginning to see signs of the team moving forward- because they have been.

Would I change Kean for the likes of Bruce or Curbs etc? That would be a resounding no.

Imy, if you'd rather have Kean than Curbishley, hell any proven PL manager, there's no reasoning with you bud.

However, the problem is not just that we have no money, or that we are an unfashionable Northern town club - that's not stopped us getting decent managers before - it's that any new manager would have to work with Venkys and how they wish to operate. No proper manager, at least not one with any pride, would work under those conditions.

I have two hopes for Rovers. That we stay up, and that Venkys sell to someone who actually wants to run a Premier League football club.

They shouldn't have bought the club, they should have just sponsored the shirts, and bought franchise rights for an Indian Academy.

• Backroom

However, the problem is not just that we have no money, or that we are an unfashionable Northern town club - that's not stopped us getting decent managers before - it's that any new manager would have to work with Venkys and how they wish to operate. No proper manager, at least not one with any pride, would work under those conditions.

Indeed. kean going isn't enough anymore, Venky's must go as well. Or, at the very least, they need to cede most of their power to somebody better equipped to run the club than they are.

Sadly I don't see that happening.

Indeed. kean going isn't enough anymore, Venky's must go as well. Or, at the very least, they need to cede most of their power to somebody better equipped to run the club than they are.

Sadly I don't see that happening.

Much like the playing staff and management team though, they have shorn the board of all of its experience.

There simply isn't anyone better equipped to run the club. Just a bunch of line-toers.

Wonder what Rob Coar and Ken Beamish REALLY think about how things are going?

• Backroom

Much like the playing staff and management team though, they have shorn the board of all of its experience.

There simply isn't anyone better equipped to run the club. Just a bunch of line-toers.

You're right - but I also meant by bringing in somebody external, either selling a big stake in the club to somebody else or hiring the necessary people to start allowing the club to function properly again.

It isn't going to happen, but it's a nice thought I guess.

Maybe someone'll get Beamo to say something off the record at the Full Members do next week? (especially if he has a few drinkies with the old guard - some of whom weren't quite the healthy athletes we've come to know in recent years, were they?)

Please to be havin' whatever you are smoking.

Please to be havin' whatever you are smoking.

So you say some people are changing their view about Kean after a few results, facts are that for about a THIRD of the SEASON now we have done very well, give him credit when it's due...sorry Kean out regardless, right?

I must be living in a parallel universe when 17 points in 12 games including an away win at the current champs is deemed poor.

The other part... Read the threads when we win Kean gets no credit from a number of posters but we lose and he gets slammed, is that incorrect?

STUART- what exactly is Bruce going to do for us after his 29% win ratio and huge spend at Sunderland? Curbs' is someone who is a good manager just dont like him and his style of play. I would only swop Kean for a better manager not a similar one.

STUART- what exactly is Bruce going to do for us after his 29% win ratio and huge spend at Sunderland? Curbs' is someone who is a good manager just dont like him and his style of play. I would only swop Kean for a better manager not a similar one.

Why are you asking me about Bruce? I referred only to Curbishly. You don't like him? Well I don't like Kean - and Kean isn't as good a manager.

That said, I would even take Bruce over Kean - just to be rid of Kean and move on - but he did have some success on a smaller budget at Wigan so it's possible.

Still a moot point though because I doubt either would work for Venkys anyway.

So you say some people are changing their view about Kean after a few results, facts are that for about a THIRD of the SEASON now we have done very well, give him credit when it's due...sorry Kean out regardless, right?

And yet we're still hovering above the relegation zone and nowhere near safe (despite many counting their chickens). So what does that tell you about the sum of Kean's reign here?

I must be living in a parallel universe when 17 points in 12 games including an away win at the current champs is deemed poor.

The other part... Read the threads when we win Kean gets no credit from a number of posters but we lose and he gets slammed, is that incorrect?

Sorry, Imy, you might feel like rushing to pat Kean on the back but he'll simply never cut it for me. He'll forever be out of his depth here, and a little spike in form isn't going to convince me otherwise.

No I would take Curbs Matty, I am a pragmatic person just don't like him :(

Aaargh!! Which is it, imy?

It's difficult to debate with someone who keeps changing their mind! :wacko:

Archived