BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2012/13

Blackburn's twitter account today said they had over 9,000. Someone rightfully pointed out that's not something to brag about.

It's not but say it gets to 10k, that's only 5k lower than last season and you would expect a 2-3k drop based on relegation alone.

Also says corporate is just short of 200, down for 250 for tomorrows 1st home game.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But the thing is I enjoy going on the football but I don't feel 100% comfortable renewing so im just going to see how I feel tomorow

Sounds a sensible plan Tom. In my case I felt the football spoilt what would have been a nice afternoons drinking so I've knocked it on the head for the season. First since 1985 for me

Echoed by many. As my mate said yesterday the heart and soul has been ripped out of the club. Jack Walkers legacy dies the day that lot walked in and quickly sacked a top quality manager and a top quality Chairman.

I saw through trhe Slumdog regime last season and packed up my ST and I can tell everyone who has done the same this summer that as every week passes they will care a little less.

I suggest another factor heralding the demise of football in this country might be the Olympics. Only a short term factor granted but what a pleasure to see proper dedicated sportsmen competing in a proper manner? The most whingeing and cheating that I have seen to date has inevitably been in the mens football. Footballers really are an overpaid, overhyped and overrated bunch of arrogant inner city tossers aren't they?

Dammit Theno....I cant find a damned thing that you have posted for months that i can argue with. What's happened? Have you found your own particular version of "the Road To Damascus"?

i thought you couldn't renew now? wasnt their a deadline for season ticket holders to renew their tickets?

Only to keep your seat so technically you are correct. The odds of your seat having been sold...?

It's not but say it gets to 10k, that's only 5k lower than last season and you would expect a 2-3k drop based on relegation alone.

Also says corporate is just short of 200, down for 250 for tomorrows 1st home game.

Yet let's all celebrate!

It's like only losing 5-0 by saving a penalty in the last minute.

Just looked on onerovers at the amount of available seats around where I used to sit in the riverside and was faced with around 30% green in the whole block. 4 to the left of me where empty and 6 to the right. All those seats have been taken for over a decade

It gets even worse in the blackburn end where the first 10 rows will be virtually empty

It will be like a full season of the league cup

bear in mind prices have been slashed by upto 40% AND there is a 2-4-1 being HEAVILY pushed for this and the Leicester game. So while a 20% drop might not seem to bad(?!), you also have to factor in the 40% price drop and 2-4-1 offer...

Would it be in anybody's interest to exaggerate the number of season tickets and possible attendances or actual attendances? lots of things to consider like how many matchday programmes to produce and pay for , extra stewarding , catering needs etc. All this things could cost the club a lot of extra money that need not be spent. Just hope somebody with no connections to any of the suppliers is keeping an eye on these things

I always assumed in the late 80's (a time of few season tickets) the crowd size was under reported to save tax etc as quite a lot of times when it was announced it was met with calls of derision as there was obviously more on than the official figure

Never heard of a club deliberately inflating the gate though

I always assumed in the late 80's (a time of few season tickets) the crowd size was under reported to save tax etc as quite a lot of times when it was announced it was met with calls of derision as there was obviously more on than the official figure

Never heard of a club deliberately inflating the gate though

Yeah must admit been on Ewood a few times where this seemed to be the case (looked more on than the attendance figure) was just throwing the question out there as or Director of operations was apparently quite confident that a couple of wins and the crowds would come flooding back, just hope any contracts for the new season were not negotiated with this way of thinking.

Just looked on onerovers at the amount of available seats around where I used to sit in the riverside and was faced with around 30% green in the whole block. 4 to the left of me where empty and 6 to the right. All those seats have been taken for over a decade

It gets even worse in the blackburn end where the first 10 rows will be virtually empty

It will be like a full season of the league cup

I've said on here before ... those who have decided to support the owners and management in their destruction of all that Jack built under one flimsy excuse or another should at least show some commitment to the cause by endeavouring to move to seats away from camera view. e.g. move to the JW or at least to the Upper tiers of stands. It'll send a strong message to football in general.

Oh and we'll easily be able to identify Braddock ....... he/she/it will be the one sat alone with soppy cow eyes blowing kisses at Steve Kean.

On a separate note my boss hasn't renewed his corporate table / posh seat deal this year. When the club came out to see him about it (pity that doesn't happen with season ticket renewals!) he told them one of the main reason was that the atmosphere in and around Ewood on a matchday wasn't an enviroment he wanted to be taking customers into. However he then stressed that he blamed the club more than the fans for this as ultimately they have created the problem and they could easily solve it.

12500 Rovers fans says it all.

You despots have ruined the clubs own fans base.

KEANSCUM OUT.

Sacking KEANSCUM would put 5000 extra bums on seats on Saturday.

They get rid of that idiot and its a step in the right direction, we'd be back as soon as he's sacked, but until then no chance.

*****DISCLAIMER****

****If they put Singh is charge we won’t be coming back****

Tell you what though the side is depleted of any sort of talent, it will be a long hard season, and a mid-table finish with a good manager is probably the best we could hope for.

Says it all really - IMO, the Kean effect:

sportingintelligence@sportingintel

#brfc average crowd in second tier 99-00 was 19,253 (lowest 15,671) and in 00-01 average 20,740 (lowest 16,397). All higher than last night

Archived